News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Welder

Started by dkn1997, January 24, 2009, 09:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I'm looking to get a small mig to learn on .  I'd rather not get an off brand one.  I have seen several Lincoln and miller welders on cragslist by me for cheap. used obviousely....

This will be a "play with it and learn" machine for me.  If I can even come close to doing it...then I may make some brackets and such...  maybe if I get real ambitious, I will try to install my us cartool subframe connectors...but that's a way's off.

anyway, I saw this one and it doesn't say mig, but it says wire feed...
so my question is a) what kind of welder is this really...and b) for the $175 he's asking is this a good deal.here is copy of the add:

WIRE FED LINCOLN ELECTRIC HD WELDER GASLESS

RECHRGED

dkn1997

some adds with no pic;

250, no pic though;
WELD PACK 88 AMP GREAT MACHINE SET UP FLUX COR NOW

and another with no pic for 250:
Lincoln weld pak 100 WITH CART ALSO HAS LARGE WIRE WHEEL WELDS GREAT

LINCOLN ELECTRIC WELD PAK HD WIRE WELDER, USED ONCE, brand new in box

RECHRGED

dkn1997

RECHRGED

runningman

You will need to use flux core with with that welder, a mig setup uses gas which lets you use a non-flux core wire.  The gas keeps impurities out of the weld and is much cleaner.  I would recommend you get one with a gas set up.  Just my opinion though, I am no expert.......... :cheers:

runningman

By the way, I picked up a 110V Miller a few years back.  I got a good deal on mine from a local dealer and was welding my floor pans in about a week later.  The MIG welders are really easy to use, I think the Miller came with an instructional dvd that really helped.  It just took a few days of fooling around with some scrap metal to get the hang of it.

Khyron

Quote from: runningman on January 24, 2009, 11:01:43 AM
By the way, I picked up a 110V Miller a few years back.  I got a good deal on mine from a local dealer and was welding my floor pans in about a week later.  The MIG welders are really easy to use, I think the Miller came with an instructional dvd that really helped.  It just took a few days of fooling around with some scrap metal to get the hang of it.

Yep, about the same here. Practice practice practice is the key to this.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69_500

Quote from: dkn1997 on January 24, 2009, 10:00:35 AM
some adds with no pic;

250, no pic though;
WELD PACK 88 AMP GREAT MACHINE SET UP FLUX COR NOW

and another with no pic for 250:
Lincoln weld pak 100 WITH CART ALSO HAS LARGE WIRE WHEEL WELDS GREAT

LINCOLN ELECTRIC WELD PAK HD WIRE WELDER, USED ONCE, brand new in box

The last one listed is a bit confusing. Used once, but still brand new in box? Did they use it without taking it out of the box?  :slap:

dkn1997

the models that were in the adds with no pic..can any of them be used for with gas?
RECHRGED