News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Clash - Future is Unwritten Documentary

Started by Dodge Don, January 19, 2009, 06:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

Well I got a bit of a surprise today when I found out that I am in the new Clash documentary The Future is Unwritten. There is footage of Joe and I talking in Toronto. There is a long story behind the relationship however I knew them and would hook up when they came to town and would be backstage. What surprises me is I don't recall having a camera in my face at the time. Nice, if not embarassing, surprise.

mikepmcs

Cool,
Great name for the documentary, they wrote the future as far as some genre's of music go.

I'm not a huge fan but they have got some killer music and they shaped a certain part of the the music world in the 80's.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bull

Cool! :2thumbs: I'll look forward to seeing Joey Gowdy's imbdpro link to more information about this project that I can't access.

quapman

That's awesome. How long has Joe been gone now? What ever happened to Topper?

It's too bad such a great band was only known in the mainstream for some of their weaker work.

Maybe they gave 'em too much rope!  :lol:

When/where can we see this film?

Steve

Dodge Don

Quote from: quapman on January 19, 2009, 09:38:56 PM
That's awesome. How long has Joe been gone now? What ever happened to Topper?

It's too bad such a great band was only known in the mainstream for some of their weaker work.

Maybe they gave 'em too much rope!  :lol:

When/where can we see this film?

Steve

Joe passed away about 6 years ago. I still remember where I was when I heard right before Christmas.

Last I heard Topper was still in the UK doing session work or something. He was an amazing drummer.

I agree, from a mainstream perspecive Rock the Casbah and Should I stay or should I go were the ones folks remember but were far and away the weakest ones. Although I loved pretty much everything they did over time I came to appreciate Sandanista the most.

mikepmcs

Hmm, I think I'll listen to some clash and other 80's today, thanks. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?