News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Floor pan differences between B bodies

Started by DW, January 25, 2009, 12:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DW

Hey guys, I have a question about the differences in the floor pans of a 64 and 68-70 B-Body.  I have a 64 Belvedere that I'm about to put floorpans in.  It had been hacked up for a weekend drag racer and the tranny hump has been cut and welded on a number of times, apparently for auto to manual and back again tranny swaps.  There is lots of rust too.  I came to the conclusion that a full pan would be the best answer but no one offers them for early B's. 

I also have a 68 Coronet R/T that I will be doing next.  In looking at the two, and doing some basic measurements, they look pretty close.  The cars are in different places right now so I couldn't do a side by side visual, but if my measurements were correct there were only a couple differences.  I stress this was a quickie measurement and I may just have screwed up.  The slope from the firewall to the base of the front pan seemed to be a little more gradual on the 64 than the 68, but this is where a lot of the rust was on the 64 so maybe it was misshapen.  The other was the tranny tunnel, measured about where the seats are, seemed to be 1/2" to 1" off.  This is so close that I think I may have just measured wrong.  The width seemed to be spot-on measured in the center of the pan, and the length seemed right too.

Has anyone ever tried, or know of anyone who's tried, to put 68 to 70 pans in an early B?

Thanks,
Darrell
1968 Dodge Coronet R/T.  Original 440/727.  B5 Blue with White Interior.  1964 Plymouth Belvedere 383/4-speed.  65 Coronet 4-Dr with poly stroker.

Charger-Bodie

Early b body floor pans are completely differant....But there are lots of solid 4 door parts cars out there for tose cars.

and I think AMD does the trunk floor now. Possibly some other floors?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?