News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Engine Compartment progress pics and ?'s

Started by Beer, January 17, 2009, 08:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Had some time to work on the 73 today, after warming up the garage from 15° I managed to do the following:

Set up the battery. Its a NAPA and I took the liberty of making some decals for it.

Where does the Ground wire go? I got one going to the drivers side head...where does the body ground go?

Installed the Radiator pics...the objective for the day...

I am a bit confused on the overflow bottle...is below right? Pics of it installed on other 73's would be appreciated

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

bordin34

Looks good, that is where my overflow bottle is. It should be held on with three bolts or studs.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Foreman72

beer man i've been following this project...this thing is commin out fantastic...this gut is my 318 inspiration...can't wait till mine is done...SB power :2thumbs: haha...that battery idea is cool...i like it...hey what do u have for ignition stuff in there?
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Beer

Quote from: Foreman72 on January 17, 2009, 10:45:56 PMhey what do u have for ignition stuff in there?

Chrome Mopar Performance ECU (good to 8000 RPM), Mopar Performance Coil
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

histoy

Small ground wire attaches to the radiator support right in front of the battery.   There's a rectangular opening in the support on my '71.   Just above the opening there's a nut welded to the support with a 1/4" hole.  That's where the ground wire is attached.

Beer

Thanks history found it  :2thumbs:

Master cylinder may go in today...

Ineed pics of proportioner by the master cyl and horn/water bottle area  :slap:

firefighter3931

Lookin good Jim !  :2thumbs:

Nice touch with the battery labels  :coolgleamA:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikepmcs

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 19, 2009, 03:20:07 PM
Lookin good Jim !  :2thumbs:
Nice touch with the battery labels  :coolgleamA:

I agree, the whole deal looks incredible and so clean.  Nice touch with the additional plug for this site.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Hey Mike,

Its all gotta come back out when it goes back to the body shop...your invited for the reinstallation party Spring/Summer when the body is done.  I will provide the Beer/Pizza, as well as try and talk ya into trying work offshore. 

:cheers:

73TXRallye440

Quote from: Beer on January 17, 2009, 08:04:21 PM
Had some time to work on the 73 today, after warming up the garage from 15° I managed to do the following:

Set up the battery. Its a NAPA and I took the liberty of making some decals for it.

Where does the Ground wire go? I got one going to the drivers side head...where does the body ground go?

Installed the Radiator pics...the objective for the day...

I am a bit confused on the overflow bottle...is below right? Pics of it installed on other 73's would be appreciated

Hey where did you get that K&N top? what size filter is that?

mikepmcs

Quote from: Beer on January 19, 2009, 04:07:29 PM
Hey Mike,

Its all gotta come back out when it goes back to the body shop...your invited for the reinstallation party Spring/Summer when the body is done.  I will provide the Beer/Pizza, as well as try and talk ya into trying work offshore. 

:cheers:

What body shop are you using anyway? I'd be happy to come down this spring/summer, thanks for the invite.  Let me see if I can't get this VA gig :lol:, it looks pretty promising.  Funny thing is, the travel for me is what is semi holding me back. I'm only comfortable on military transport, I know that's ridiculous but hey, I'm working on it. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Quote from: 73TXRallye440 on January 19, 2009, 04:14:16 PM
Hey where did you get that K&N top? what size filter is that?

Summit racing, I think its a 14" x 3"  not so sure it will clear my hood.

Beer

mikepmcs

I didn't know Steve did complete body work? I thought he just made millions pulling frames for body shops that can't make it happen themselves because the owner's son is too stubborn and too fried to even try.:whistling:  ;D  Not hanging out there anymore BTW.  Quality was not something I enjoyed attaching my name to.

4aThrill

sweet lookin engine bay  :drool5: just one thing the hose clamps you might wanna change don't know if thats on your list or not.  :cheers: