News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey Hotrod98 and Daytonalo-- School me on your GTO vacuum pods...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, January 18, 2009, 04:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Guys, Where did you get the GTO pods you used, how much were they, how long is their stroke, and how did you modify them to work with the Daytona headlight buckets/pivots? Pictures would be nice,too :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

ANCIENT CHINESE SECRET !!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

daytonalo

They are 68-69 GTO Vacuum pods avail from Ames performance for 150 per pair . I had to shorten the rod for the stinger nose , it will vary from nose to nose . I thought you bought re-pro charger pods ? If you have any questions feel free to call , just don't call collect !!!! :icon_smile_big:

Larry

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

daytonalo

daytonalo

Rene , make sure the pivot bolts are tightend to the shoulder

BigBlockSam

that's an old pic. i tighten everything up good before i put the nose on for the last time.  :cheers:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on January 18, 2009, 05:20:47 PM
They are 68-69 GTO Vacuum pods avail from Ames performance for 150 per pair . I had to shorten the rod for the stinger nose , it will vary from nose to nose . I thought you bought re-pro charger pods ? If you have any questions feel free to call , just don't call collect !!!! :icon_smile_big:

Larry

Thanks, Larry.

Shortening the rod should be easy enough-

even for a hack like me :hack: :flush: :apimp:

How long is the GTO's pod's stroke? 

Thanks for the pic, Rene :2thumbs:

daytonalo

I have the cut off part in the shop , I think I cut off off around 1.75 inches if that helps

Larry

hotrod98

I was surprised at how you could bend the rod without breaking it. That was my biggest concern. I'll try to remember to measure the piece that I cut off when I'm in the shop tomorrow.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

pettybird

do any of you guys realize just how homosexual this thread sounds?

daytonalo

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 19, 2009, 01:35:55 AM
I was surprised at how you could bend the rod without breaking it. That was my biggest concern. I'll try to remember to measure the piece that I cut off when I'm in the shop tomorrow.

Cool!  :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

Well guys, I just pulled the trigger on a pair of these from Ame's  :2thumbs:

Wish me luck! And keep the advise/pics/measurements/good kharma and voodoo spells coming  :coolgleamA:

UFO

I did it the extra mile way.Recreated the slotted pivot.