News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tic Toc Tach reproduction .Does it worth the money?

Started by COKE, January 17, 2009, 07:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COKE

Godd day all,

I have to repair my Tich Toch Tach.The tach is not accurated,the clock is dead and the set shaft is broken.
If i have to ordering all the parts plus the tools to install them to RT engineering,i have a good amount of money to spend here.
They have a reproduction of a Tic Toc Tach that would cost around $100 more than the parts&tools that i woul need  and i would save the risk of break something triying to do the job myself.

I´m  doubting if this would be a good business,because i think that i  read  that these reproduction tachs are not very well accurated.

I have sent a mail to RT-engineering asking them if the Tach does have the modern Tach board and a quartz clock.But i think that they will be built like the old style.

Anyway,any input will be wellcome.

Thanks in advance
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.

Ghoste

I thought all the RT only came with updated electronics.  Greg knows his stuff though so I'm sure you'll get a reply from him one way or the other.

COKE

I don,t know if they build their own reproductions or if they get them from the same source as Charger specialties or Yearone for example.
I hope it will be the first one.If so,i,m sure that they will be better than the reproductions that others sell.

Ghoste

I'm sure he buys them from the same source as everyone else and then modifies them to his spec.  He has a booth set up at some of the Mopar shows and he has a bunch on display always highlighting the difference between factory movements and his.  What does the website indicate?

COKE

The website does not say nothing about their tach boards or quartz in the reproductions that they sell.
I suppouse that if they had include those upgrades in the tachs,the first thing would be to advertise them.

375instroke

Don't know where they are from, but the ones I saw in Layson's showroom had fuzzy edges on the numerals.

COKE

I have recived a reply from RTE and yes, their reproductions have the modern board and quartz clock.