News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Translating Julian Casting Date on Transmission

Started by Chatt69chgr, January 18, 2009, 11:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

Does anybody know how to translate the Julian date casting number on a 4-speed A-833 to a modern date?

I've surfed around on the net and didn't find anything that explained how to do this.

What I did find was several numbers already translated:  2264 is supposed to be 10-9-67; 3084 is supposed to be 1-6-70, and 2345 is supposed to be 12-29-67.

mikepmcs

Actually those numbers don't really pan out.  We use Julian dates in the military. ex: today is 9018 day and so on up to 9365 which would be 31 december 2009.

Check this out for a julian explanation on wiki and also a julian conversion calc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/JulianDate.php

example for one of your dates would be 12-29-67= a julian day of 7(year) 363(day of year.  Of course that is probably julian year computing.  I ran those numbers you gave on the conversion and they didn't match up either.  Any more numbers??
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mick70RR

1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

Chatt69chgr

Hey Mick70RR----------thank you very much for finding that calculator.  I surfed and surfed and couldn't find it.  I tried it out on the numbers that I had found and it worked perfectly every time.  The number on my transmission was 2717 which translated out to 1-4-69.  I was told that the transmission came out of a 69 so it looks like the guy that sold it to me was correct.  It never ceases to amaze me what the members on here know about Chrysler cars.

Mikepcms-----thanks for the links.  I had found those but they didn't appear to applicable to the Chrysler 10,000 day Julian numbering system.  I appreciate you taking the time to look.