News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BJ bird clone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by jerry, January 18, 2009, 12:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Hogs Go

Again, if money wasn't the issue that car would be mine. I have huge respect for "correct original cars", but it's not my thing. Give me that big, loud, not original spec., track/street, cloaned, unoriginal bird and watch me boil the tires off of it. To each his own, but I get why this car rocks.
Go Hogs!

pettybird

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 19, 2009, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on January 19, 2009, 08:10:20 PM
If I had my choice I'd take the one you pictured as well Doug, but since I don't have 1/10th the amount of money that was spent on either one my choice doesn't really matter right?

Charity or not, I just don't understand dropping half a million on an half race/half street tribute car.   But if Mr. Wiemann is happy, who cares.   

here's the half street/half race car I want:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330299693456&viewitem=

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 20, 2009, 11:08:02 AM
Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 19, 2009, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on January 19, 2009, 08:10:20 PM
If I had my choice I'd take the one you pictured as well Doug, but since I don't have 1/10th the amount of money that was spent on either one my choice doesn't really matter right?

Charity or not, I just don't understand dropping half a million on an half race/half street tribute car.   But if Mr. Wiemann is happy, who cares.   

here's the half street/half race car I want:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330299693456&viewitem=
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:  mopar or no car
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

NYCMille

Are you serious?!? That Porsche is BADASS!!! I would take that in a heartbeat!  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: NYCMille on January 20, 2009, 11:20:01 AM
Are you serious?!? That Porsche is BADASS!!! I would take that in a heartbeat!  :2thumbs:

I'd drive the balls off that :yesnod: :drool5:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BigBlockSam

Porsche = Volkswagen on steroids .  :puke:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

NYCMille

Dude... if you really believe that you're insane.  :Twocents:

BigBlockSam

QuoteDude... if you really believe that you're insane.  Twocents

I've driven several Porsche's , there very fast and handle great . i even blew up my ex girl friends Porsche .  :D

i don't like them . it's a very pretentious car .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

pettybird

NYCMille

Quotei don't like them . it's a very pretentious car .

ok, but just curious then... what do consider a great handling, powerful, non-pretentious car that you can drive daily and then beat to death on the weekends as a race day toy or car?

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 20, 2009, 12:49:22 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 20, 2009, 11:17:31 AM

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:  mopar or no car

don't be silly.
if we all liked the same stuff the world would be a very boring place , I likes what i likes .  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

Quotedrive daily and then beat to death on the weekends as a race day toy or car?

I'm not a road racer .i drag race . i have my 39 coupe that i run brackets with on weekends and drive in the streets with .

let me ask you a question . what do you think when you see a guy driving  a Porsche out on the street . wow! that guy's cool and look he's got a matching hat too  .... NOT!  i usually think man that guys trying way to hard to be cool . 

THE CHARGER PUNK

Porsches are girls cars LoL think your cool if u drive a boxter or a carrera? hahaaah :smilielol:

Aero426

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on January 20, 2009, 02:44:27 PM
Porsches are girls cars LoL think your cool if u drive a boxter or a carrera? hahaaah :smilielol:

This guy would not agree with your assessment.

NYCMille

QuotePorsches are girls cars LoL think your cool if u drive a boxter or a carrera? hahaaah

Don't know... but I know that I feel cool when I drive my Charger or Daytona, so does that put me in the same category as Porsche owners?

Quotewhat do you think when you see a guy driving  a Porsche out on the street . wow! that guy's cool and look he's got a matching hat too  .... NOT!  i usually think man that guys trying way to hard to be cool .

Honestly, most of the guys I know track the crap out of these cars and just to be clear I'm a licensed instructor with NASA/PDA so I see these guys abuse Porsche's, Ferrari's and all manner of high performance car mercilessly on a weekly basis on the racetrack. Now, do some just buy them to pose, absolutely, just like some Charger owners, but the guys I know all run these car HARD and use them for there intended purpose.

Hell, if I could go out and by a Porsche GT2 or Carrera I'd do it in heartbeat.

ds440

I liked Goldberg's Superbird.  It's an interesting take on a classic car.  Nothing wrong with it considering he didn't cut up an original.  Plus, taking an original musclecar and turning it into a true performance car isn't an easy task to say the least.  I appreciated the execution while keeping the Superbird's NASCAR roots....

Porsches are "girls cars" trying "to be cool?" :icon_bs: ::) ::)  Really?  'Cause last time I checked they've won 24 Hours of LeMans outright 16 times.  Dodge?  Zip.

Look, I love my Charger; I love old Mopars in general - but it seems to me that while Dodge has been too busy going bankrupt, Porsche has been out proving themselves on the racetrack.  You know...where it actually counts.  How many Dodge parts do you think is in the COT?  The block, the cylinder heads...and....?  I'd be cool if you just said, "hey I don't like them."   That's cool.  Different strokes for different folks.  But at the very least you have to respect them.

Just like Goldberg's Superbird. :cheers:

I'd take these "daily commuters" any day...
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 20, 2009, 12:24:54 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 19, 2009, 11:56:54 PM
Now that's a tax write off you can enjoy.  ;)
Tax write off for whom?   Not the new owner.   He handed over money and got a car in return.     

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/20/barrett-jackson-2008-2009-corvette-zr1-1-goes-for-a-cool-milli/

"The winning bidder, Dave Ressler, also bought the oldest available 1953 Corvette just a couple years ago at Barrett-Jackson for the exact same price. While the ZR1 on stage was not the actual one purchase, Ressler will get a one-of-one Le Mans blue version that no one else will get. All of the proceeds from the sale benefited The United Way, and everything over the $99,999 list price of the ZR1 will be tax deductible. Not a bad way to spend a million bucks!"

Click here, take your pick

The announcers' always remind folk that the check to purchase the charity rides' is wrote directly to the charity.  From the research I did on the 'net & talking to a couple friends' who go to BJ, the tax deduction is based on everything that's over msrp (in this case, cost to build) being a write off, which make sense.

BigBlockSam

QuoteDon't know... but I know that I feel cool when I drive my Charger or Daytona, so does that put me in the same category as Porsche owners?

:icon_smile_big:  no  those are cool cars , it makes you special    :icon_smile_big: . i luv driving my chargers or my daytona too . Porsche's are great for the race track but on the street ya kinda look like a douche driving around in them  :Twocents:

Aero426

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 20, 2009, 05:25:37 PM

The announcers' always remind folk that the check to purchase the charity rides' is wrote directly to the charity.  From the research I did on the 'net & talking to a couple friends' who go to BJ, the tax deduction is based on everything that's over msrp (in this case, cost to build) being a write off, which make sense.

OK.  I'll buy that.

Aero426

The Gulf 917 is one of those ultimate cars for me.   I've only seen one run once, and the sound of the flat 12 is incredible.   A car capable of running 240 at Lemans with just a little fiberglass around the driver.    The other part of the story is that Porsche had to build 25 of them to make it legal to race.    Nobody thought a small manufacturer like Porsche would try this and pull it off.    The 917 vs Ferrari 512 battles that ensued were legendary.   

The 917 has one bloodline in common with the street 911 today.  The ignition switch is still on the left side.  Can anyone answer why?   Petty Bird is not allowed to answer.

ds440

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 20, 2009, 09:12:21 PM

The 917 has one bloodline in common with the street 911 today.  The ignition switch is still on the left side.  Can anyone answer why?   Petty Bird is not allowed to answer.

Somebody at a vintage race told me that it from back in the day when the drivers still ran to their cars.  They supposedly could start their car faster while they were getting in.  I always thought he was pulling my leg...? :shruggy:

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

Moparmatty

The key is on the left side to fascilitate being able to start the car while climbing into the drivers seat during a LeMans style racing start.  Thus allowing the driver to use his right hand to operate the shifter.

Do I win a prize?
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

Aero426

69_500

The Gulf 917's are pretty nice cars, but I gotta say that I have yet to ever actually see one anywhere. Even at some pretty nice museums not a single sighting yet. Maybe one day at a concourse show or something but so far, no luck on getting to photo one for myself.

As neat as they are though, they still play well more than second fiddle to a HEMI Daytona in my book. The daytona just looks that much better to me personally.

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on January 20, 2009, 09:51:30 PM
The Gulf 917's are pretty nice cars, but I gotta say that I have yet to ever actually see one anywhere. Even at some pretty nice museums not a single sighting yet. Maybe one day at a concourse show or something but so far, no luck on getting to photo one for myself.

As neat as they are though, they still play well more than second fiddle to a HEMI Daytona in my book. The daytona just looks that much better to me personally.

Sometimes you can catch those Gulf 917s at the fall HSR event at Daytona.    It's an open garage area and the cars are not roped off or anything.