News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BJ bird clone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by jerry, January 18, 2009, 12:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry

$500,000 for a bird clone????kind of a slap in the face for the high $$$$$$$$$$ over restored  all look the same real cars. :popcrn:

Ghoste

I haven't been watching but that wouldn't be the Goldberg one he was auctioning off for charity would it?

62 Max

moparstuart

very cool glad it went to a good cause
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

sound5262

that is all that matters at the end of the day isn't? i liked the black wing with the plymouth shaded in. at least it brought more than the "24" car! oh well that's my  :Twocents: worth

Cooperman

Good grief - I love this car...  :drool5:

...and for a great cause too!  :2thumbs:
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

Go Hogs Go

If money wasn't an issue, I'd give 400K for that car before I would a real one. The difference is, I could drive the wheels off of it and not worry about destroying a piece of history. I won't own a car I can't hammer on and make my own.  :drive:
Go Hogs!

Ghoste

I don't think you can really consider the buying price of that car as too much of an indicator of other aero cars real or cloned.  It's a specialized clone done by a celebrity and sold for charity, I would expect it to bring a strong price.

pettybird

Quote from: Go Hogs Go on January 18, 2009, 04:45:09 PM
If money wasn't an issue, I'd give 400K for that car before I would a real one. The difference is, I could drive the wheels off of it and not worry about destroying a piece of history. I won't own a car I can't hammer on and make my own.  :drive:

cost of a real bird=125k

wadding it up in a mangled mess three times-$300k total to fix

you'd still be money ahead.

i'd love to have the car--I wouldn't have the heart to cut up a real 'bird to do all of those cool, cool mods. 

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 19, 2009, 01:26:27 PM
Quote from: Go Hogs Go on January 18, 2009, 04:45:09 PM

cost of a real bird=125k

wadding it up in a mangled mess three times-$300k total to fix

you'd still be money ahead.

i'd love to have the car--I wouldn't have the heart to cut up a real 'bird to do all of those cool, cool mods. 
So when is marty getting the evenham motorsports motor   :smilielol:

69_500

That would be a nice engine to drop into the marty car Doug. Would make for some enjoyable drives to various shows.

NYCMille

Man I wish you guys could've seen that car in person. The Super Bird is not just a replica, it's a full on NASCAR spec. recreation %100 drivable - I seen it in person and watched it drive, it truly is a work of art.  :Twocents:

Aero426

Quote from: NYCMille on January 19, 2009, 04:48:10 PM
The Super Bird is not just a replica, it's a full on NASCAR spec. recreation %100 drivable - I seen it in person and watched it drive, it truly is a work of art.  :Twocents:

NASCAR spec to what?   I might be the only one who is not all that impressed with the thing.   It's light years away from being 1970 correct.  It has all modern components, and a modern looking cage.   I don't deny it's well crafted and would be a fun road course track day car - but as the big tough guy says on the commercial, it "doesn't have the dice" to make it on a real speedway.    

I'd much rather have the car below.   It sold for what, 175k less money at B-J in 2006.     Charity or not, I want the real thing.

69_500

If I had my choice I'd take the one you pictured as well Doug, but since I don't have 1/10th the amount of money that was spent on either one my choice doesn't really matter right?

69bronzeT5

I'd kill for the Goldberg Superbird :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on January 19, 2009, 02:35:54 PM
That would be a nice engine to drop into the marty car Doug. Would make for some enjoyable drives to various shows.

too high strung.  it's getting a 5.7 Hemi at some point, but that point just got moved--I need $2300 worth of root canal and crown this month.  i'm not happy.  that, plus a couple tanks of gas and some lunch is about what I make in a month...

i have the motor already, and that same $2300 would have it set up 100% in the car. 

I'm sure it'll get a lot closer to being done when spring rolls around.  I already sold the motor and transmission back to Mike Svec, and that money buys the motor mounts and wiring.  I really want to take that car to Talladega this fall.  if it doesn't go the Corporation Blue car will...

pettybird

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 19, 2009, 07:18:23 PM

I don't deny it's well crafted and would be a fun road course track day car -

it could have been the official DSAC Road America car!

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on January 19, 2009, 08:10:20 PM
If I had my choice I'd take the one you pictured as well Doug, but since I don't have 1/10th the amount of money that was spent on either one my choice doesn't really matter right?

Charity or not, I just don't understand dropping half a million on an half race/half street tribute car.   But if Mr. Wiemann is happy, who cares.   

70Sbird

[/quote]
Charity or not, I just don't understand dropping half a million on an half race/half street tribute car.   But if Mr. Wiemann is happy, who cares.   
[/quote]

This is my sentiment exactly!
What will this car be worth 5-10 years from now when people don't remember the Hype and buildup press.
you will have an a car that is neither a street or a race car, and is not even a Superbird.
It's a cool car but I wouldn't want it.

Scott Faulkner

Aero426

Hopefully Richard farted in the seat on the way up to the auction block.   That will add to the provenance!

jerry

come on guys ,don't be so hard on that car.
its just a ole 70 satellite with a wing and a nose that brought more then a half million$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

472 R/T SE

Now that's a tax write off you can enjoy.  ;)

Aero426

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 19, 2009, 11:56:54 PM
Now that's a tax write off you can enjoy.  ;)
Tax write off for whom?   Not the new owner.   He handed over money and got a car in return.     

moparstuart

it's a cool car , the money went to charity and you guy's didnt have to spend the money .

it's all good