News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Hemi Charger FINAL update: 06/05/2009 - Gone

Started by hemi68charger, January 17, 2009, 08:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: jc_is_the_man on May 11, 2009, 06:36:48 PM
I was looking at this thread earlier, than ebay just now and I was like holy hell I know that car!

Yeap... I found a car I want..... and once again, I'm trying to see if the planets will line up............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 11, 2009, 07:36:53 PM
I was looking at this thread earlier, than ebay just now and I was like holy hell I know that car!

Yeap... I found a car I want..... and once again, I'm trying to see if the planets will line up............
good luck brother I hope you get it , it will be awesome
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

472 R/T SE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Hemi-Dodge-Charger-R-T_W0QQitemZ260408083254QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3ca1880336&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A-1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Where on earth would I put another car?  I need to be careful, last time I bid what I thought I could afford on Bill's Challenger, the car ended up in my garage.  :icon_smile_wink:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 11, 2009, 10:22:42 PM

Where on earth would I put another car?  I need to be careful, last time I bid what I thought I could afford on Bill's Challenger, the car ended up in my garage.  :icon_smile_wink:

It would look nice in your garage next to that purple beast and blue beauty........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

RAC95054

You've found a Daytona to make a deal on, Troy?  Will Dana have to be a part of it?  -Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

hemi68charger

Quote from: RAC95054 on May 14, 2009, 03:24:34 PM

You've found a Daytona to make a deal on, Troy?  Will Dana have to be a part of it?  -Russ

Hey Russ,
More than likely... Can't have them all....  I would then keep the '70 v-code and play with that.....
Troy

Rolling_Thunder

Hey Troy - just gotta ask an obvious question...         You have a V-code 1970 Charger...    you have a 1968 Hemi Charger...     and you have a 1969 Charger 500....          If you're going to sell both the 1968 and the 1969 - Why not try to sell one of them (either will bring good money) and just clone a Daytona ?   Granted it would not be an original Daytona but you'd be able to keep 2 out of 3 of your cars instead of one ?

Just throwing it out there - I'm sure you've already thought of it - I'm just asking out of my own curiosity
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

hemi68charger

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 15, 2009, 03:41:52 PM
Hey Troy - just gotta ask an obvious question...         You have a V-code 1970 Charger...    you have a 1968 Hemi Charger...     and you have a 1969 Charger 500....          If you're going to sell both the 1968 and the 1969 - Why not try to sell one of them (either will bring good money) and just clone a Daytona ?   Granted it would not be an original Daytona but you'd be able to keep 2 out of 3 of your cars instead of one ?

Just throwing it out there - I'm sure you've already thought of it - I'm just asking out of my own curiosity

Hey Thunder..
Nope, I appreciate the question. One of my best friends has a '70 Daytona clone and it's awesome... I just want an original because my Dad had one and I vaguely remember going to drive-in movies in it.....

If I end up with a Daytona and the '70 v-code project, I'll still be a happy camper.....

Troy
Troy

hemi68charger

Heater box time... I went out  and got anal.. Had a stamp created to duplicate the original yellow part number stamped on the front face of the heater box.. $15 !!!
Now to continue with the box.. Got all the new gasket/seals from DMT and a new heater core... I can't remember the cool individual who helped me about a year ago with the dimensions, but it was dead on...

Troy
Troy

Dans 68

Gotta like the detail...I can identify with "anal". Definitely looking good.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

paironines

I think its cool that even though you have sentimental value towards the 500 and hemi you are still willing to part with them for something different. It's just realistic to know that you can't keep them all! Not easily anyway...

hemi68charger

Quote from: paironines on May 19, 2009, 04:42:41 PM
I think its cool that even though you have sentimental value towards the 500 and hemi you are still willing to part with them for something different. It's just realistic to know that you can't keep them all! Not easily anyway...

I hear ya.. One thing my late father and the Air Force has taught me,,,, focus...... I started out 30 years ago to get one and by God, I think I may have one in my future after all...
Troy

hemi68charger

Well, I finally have her, after nearly 7 years.......... or, that could be 8................ on her own 4 wheels...... Was tinkering in the garage and just had to do it. I'm waiting for one push-rod for a front wheel cylinder, but other than that,,, the front brake assembly is done.........
Troy

teamroth

Put it on ebag like that and i'll bet it gets closer to your asking price. I always thought before, while worht every penny you're asking that people get scared when they see a car apart the way you had until now. Oh and it looks great by the way.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

XS29J8

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 22, 2009, 08:41:03 PM
Well, I finally have her, after nearly 7 years.......... or, that could be 8................ on her own 4 wheels...... Was tinkering in the garage and just had to do it. I'm waiting for one push-rod for a front wheel cylinder, but other than that,,, the front brake assembly is done.........

Hey Troy, looks like some great progress (as I put another set of rubber on mine) heh heh . You really need to finish her and drive some, you'll not want to get rid of her then. You should trade the 70 and the Charger 500 for the Daytona and keep the HEMI.

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

mikepmcs

Looks like it ready to roll to me!  Couple days on the interior and some dedicated time on the front end stuff and you are golden. :2thumbs:
That car is B-E-A-Utiful!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

orange383

Awesome!
I've been watching the progress on your car for a while now especially as my '68 is an R/T originally in the same color as yours and soon to be restored.
The attention to detail is very impressive and the quality of work is amazing!

I hope you get to enjoy it a bit before you sell it and buy your dream car!

Fantastic!  :2thumbs:

69*F5*SE

Looks great with the Magnums on.....or off.  Although, I was always nervous about it being on those stilts with casters they did their job.  I need some myself.  Still need them?   :scratchchin:  Anyhoo, I'm still jealous.  Congrats on the progress.  Love it.  :cheers:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 18, 2009, 07:36:28 PM
Heater box time... I went out  and got anal.. Had a stamp created to duplicate the original yellow part number stamped on the front face of the heater box.. $15 !!!
Now to continue with the box.. Got all the new gasket/seals from DMT and a new heater core... I can't remember the cool individual who helped me about a year ago with the dimensions, but it was dead on...

Troy
this guy restores heater boxes and had a stamp made just like yours ,  awesome touch

http://69roadrunner.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=891&start=0

hemigeno

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on June 01, 2009, 01:23:22 PM
Might not be too many more updates to this thread (that's a good thing)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,57834.0.html

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Yeap, I think by Friday evening, I'll be closing the book on this chapter............ Stay tuned...............
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 02, 2009, 11:37:24 AM

Yeap, I think by Friday evening, I'll be closing the book on this chapter............ Stay tuned...............
do you have the 68 as a roller now , for the change of hands ?

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on June 02, 2009, 11:59:25 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on June 02, 2009, 11:37:24 AM

do you have the 68 as a roller now , for the change of hands ?

Yes, I doesn't have the gearbox or draglink installed, but I have a modified 2x4 connecting the two lower ball joints so the wheels will stay together.. The front hub / brake assembly have all the hardware installed... So, she's ready to be rolled on the trailer.  Now comes the fun part of collecting all the remaining parts and new components......
Troy

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 02, 2009, 12:02:46 PMNow comes the fun part of collecting all the remaining parts and new components......

Just think of how much more garage space you are going to have!  Now you might be able to park your daily driver in the garage.. . (which i havent done for years)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."