News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey TROY-here's a nice '69 HEMI Charger

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, January 14, 2009, 11:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: bzabodyn on January 14, 2009, 10:02:21 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on January 14, 2009, 03:33:24 PM
I'm sorry....I can see why it's one of 4 in that color...Fugly. I hate yellow on B bodys....Nice quality reso but the color sucks IMHO. :Twocents:

I second that - what kind of person would go into the dealership in '69 and buy a pale yellow HEMI car?!?!?

BZ

I would.  I love this color!   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ds440

Quote from: Troy on January 15, 2009, 01:15:49 PM

Somewhere I've posted pictures of a local car that I call the "Grandma Car". It's yellow with a white top, white interior, and stripe delete. Real cool huh. When you get closer you figure out it's a Hemi 4-speed... :D

Troy

This one?  Have you ever talked to him?  I've seen the car around, but never talked to the owner....I'd be curious to know the story. ;)

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

Troy

Quote from: ds440 on January 16, 2009, 09:55:42 AM

Somewhere I've posted pictures of a local car that I call the "Grandma Car". It's yellow with a white top, white interior, and stripe delete. Real cool huh. When you get closer you figure out it's a Hemi 4-speed... :D

Troy

This one?  Have you ever talked to him?  I've seen the car around, but never talked to the owner....I'd be curious to know the story. ;)

Yep, that's it. His name is Hoppy (odd considering the license plate huh?). His wife has a RR convertible that they've been driving a lot more often. He says the drone from the Hemi steep rear end gears is a killer on trips farther than about 20 miles. He's a nice guy and restored it himself I believe. He lives on our side of town and he's a member of the Tri State Mopar club. That picture was taken at the Tri State Dragway (a couple of miles from my house) during a Chrysler Classic event.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemi68charger

Troy

Sweet lookin' '69..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

Troy

:drool5:   :yesnod:  ...  there was a feature on that car in a mopar mag a few years back i'll see if i can dig it out :yesnod:

saw it at the mopar nats in Ohio also  one year  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ds440

Quote from: Troy on January 16, 2009, 10:36:11 AM
Yep, that's it. His name is Hoppy (odd considering the license plate huh?). His wife has a RR convertible that they've been driving a lot more often. He says the drone from the Hemi steep rear end gears is a killer on trips farther than about 20 miles. He's a nice guy and restored it himself I believe. He lives on our side of town and he's a member of the Tri State Mopar club. That picture was taken at the Tri State Dragway (a couple of miles from my house) during a Chrysler Classic event.

Troy

I've seen the car several times around and I knew it was original but I never got the chance to speak with the owner.  I think the last time I saw it was several years ago in Columbus at the May Chrysler Classic event.  I grabbed the pic from the Tri State Mopar club's website because I was fairly certain that was the same car....can't imagine seein' another Hemi 4spd in THAT color combo.   Definitely a sleeper. ;)
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.