News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black Pig progress

Started by firefighter3931, November 07, 2008, 09:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: kamkuda on January 06, 2009, 06:10:39 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on January 06, 2009, 12:45:14 AM
Ok Ron, it's been a while since you posted UP-TA-DATE pics and I know you've been hard at work... Let's see em' buddy....  :2thumbs:
Yes good call, Some pics please :drool5:

Yeah Ron let's see them. Looking killer so far. :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

firefighter3931

Quote from: The70RT on January 14, 2009, 09:23:05 PM
Quote from: kamkuda on January 06, 2009, 06:10:39 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on January 06, 2009, 12:45:14 AM
Ok Ron, it's been a while since you posted UP-TA-DATE pics and I know you've been hard at work... Let's see em' buddy....  :2thumbs:
Yes good call, Some pics please :drool5:

Yeah Ron let's see them. Looking killer so far. :2thumbs:

Not much new with the car lately.....i'll post some update pics as the build progresses.  :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on January 14, 2009, 08:46:58 PM
Ron-------you say in your write up on the sheet metal valve covers from 440 Source that you welded on the pipes for the breathers and that the pipes were baffled.  Were the pipes you welded on something you fabricated or did you buy them?  And what do the baffles look like?  I bought some of the Indy cast valve covers with no holes.  No problem for the passenger side since I'll be drilling a hole and using a grommet there for the PCV valve to fit into.  But on the drivers side up front I want to use the Mopar chrome plated push on breather just like on a stock valve cover.  I found some aluminum pipe the correct diameter (1.5 inch OD as I recall) that is thick enough wall to weld on but had not figured out how to do the baffle.  I had considered welding a aluminum plate inside the valve cover but your idea of having the baffle in the pipe is a lot better.  I suppose one could use some stainless steel wool or some such to achieve the baffleing.

Chatt, i purchased the breather kit from Summit....it's a Moroso part. If you're gonna run a PCV you should weld on a baffle inside the valvecover. You don't want to be pulling oil into the combusion chambers.  :P

The Moroso breather tubes are baffled internally....they come that way. The idea is basicly that these can be used with an unbaffled valvecover. The newer style 440 source sheetmetal covers are unbaffled so these are a good option for those wanting to run a dual breather system.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chatt69chgr

OK.  sounds good.  Thanks Ron.

G-man

Hi

Nice car you have there.

Im trying to build a street/strip car myself, getting a 426 Hemi cross ram (1960's cast iron hemi)... what T-bars, Sway bars and Leaf springs would you recomend for good streetability and occasional passes at the strip (street pounder)?