News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 trans kickdown linkage/w tti headers

Started by oldsnofear, January 15, 2009, 02:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsnofear

Hey, I just put my carb on and im tring to set the kickdown linkage up. I had to modify the stock linkage. I was wondering if the trans lever should be at the front stop at idle and at the rear stop at wide open throttle. thats how i set it up just dont want to burn up a trans thanks

62 Max

mikepmcs

If all of the parts (including the carb) are stock, the adjustment is done at idle. If the carb is aftermarket the correct Mopar throttle lever extension must be used.

With the carb at idle and the trans lever full forward, adjust the top rod so that the rear of the slot rests against the throttle stud. Be sure there is a spring to pull the linkage forward.

From the initial setting, the linkage can be adjusted to tune the part throttle upshift points to suit the individual.

That was straight from John Kunkel's keyboard

and this thread
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,9634.msg117978.html#msg117978

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?