News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bird crap

Started by bull, November 03, 2005, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Someone once told me that bird crap will screw up your paint if you don't clean it off fairly quickly. Any truth to this?

golden73

Yep its true. Had it happen on my friends brand new car.

cudaken

Depends of what the bird ate. Spring is worst when they eat alot of berrys. My 70 Cuda paint was about 1 and half old. Took it to the shop and was nailed by a flying T-Rex, OK pegion. Ate threw abut a mil of the clear and it was all Sickens and the good stuff. Luckly I was able to wet sand and buff 95% of the mark out.

T-Rex's and brids have a short digestive track and dump a lot of stomach acid with there little white gifts from the skys. Throw in the acid of berrys and you have a problem.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Spartan

Ya, it is allot about what they ate and how fast you get it off.  Plastic seems to be ok but paint finish is murder.  My Avalanche I have called birdS&!tOne becauses of the flock of starlings that camp out in the tree everynight and drop about 2 lbs of BS on the truck.........I can't keep the damn thing clean...
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

71charger_fan

I've found worm parts to be the worst. I have a few squiggly marks eaten into the paint on various vehicles from worms birds crapped out that didn't get washed off soon enough.

4402tuff4u

True! especially seagull crap will stain some finishes if you dont clean them fairly soon. The danger we have here at work, next to the ocean, is seagulls picking up crabs and clams and they drop them to break them open. We had one worker's windshield broken from a seagull dropping a clam on it. I know in NYC pigeons (rats with wings) will damage and corrode steel bridges from the acid in their crap. :yesnod:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

andy74

bird shit is a constant problem here on the car lot,i cant even count how many clear coats have been damaged by the little bastards shitting on the cars,and then the sun baking it on.we have a full time car washer now,its cheaper to pay him to wash cars all day then to repaint 2 or 3 dozen hoods,trunks etc a year!

and i had to restrain my self from saying the f word here quite a bit-andy