News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ripped off on ebay by guy in Mass

Started by 70-500-SE-EXPORT, January 14, 2009, 09:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70-500-SE-EXPORT

Here's another story about person who steals money from ebayers. Im posting this after I read another thread about a Worcester MA scammer.  Here's another  low life sleezebag from Worcester MA who mis-represented this 69 charger grille I bought a while ago, but posting now because I thought I should let you guys know about him. This listing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330277360510&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123 shows a grille that looks restoreable and complete. That's whay he wanted it to look like to get the most money. However the grille is JUNK. .The entire center section was busted out completely and not even connected. He shipped the grille and the center section grille opening was laying in the box not connected to the grille. This was a deceiving ad because the damage was intentionally covered up to get more bids. I know the other bidders including me would have not paid $560 + shipping  on a grille that was damaged beyond repair. I paid money order, so I got robbed. Look at the grille I actually got. The guy was cleaver to put the broken out section where it WAS before it was broken, then he took the pictures for ebay. What a scumy thief.
http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/bkl89/?action=view&current=003.jpg

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/bkl89/?action=view&current=c8be_1.jpg

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/bkl89/?action=view&current=001.jpg
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

69charger2002

wow that is ridiculous.. he did make the grill look super nice and complete. says in his feedback he gave money back? how much did he give you back or did he just say that to make his credibility look better?
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

70-500-SE-EXPORT

The guy lied and cheated me, so I cheated him and got a few bucks back. I threatened him with negative feedback unless he have me a refund, he only offered me $100 back, so I accepted, and still left him negative because he is still a liar and a thief. Just look at the cleverly deceiving pics in his auction and look at what I got. He set the broken piece in place or taped it so it would not fall out and took the pics. He covered up the damage. The tabs that hold the broken piece to the center section are all broke off, so I cant re-attach the broken piece with epoxy, the center section is not repairable. So the grille is junk, except for the headlight buckets.

dpm68

Dang, how do people like him live with themselves? What a POS - and I mean the dude, not just the grille.

1969chargerrtse

You can see in the picture that the center right section is broken and missing lower connectors.  He said NO SHIPPING, yet it was shipped.  Any chance the section broke more and fell out during the no shipping trip?  He should of shown or pointed out if that section was fully disconnected.  I sold my right bucket and point out the break.  People suck.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Big Lebowski

Bummer. Back in '86, I threw away a '69 grill in better shape than that one.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

70-500-SE-EXPORT

Please, I don't anyone to start s*it with this guy. Please do not bust his balls and email him. I don't want any more problems with this guy. Im over it now, it was 2 1/2 months ago. I learned a lesson, and so did he. What happened, is I sent my son to his pit where he works, (a firestone tire shop) he was supposed to meet him at his house, he called him on the way and told him to throw the mapquest directions out the window and meet him in another town he had no directions to, he got lost for 2 hours and finally got to the biggest slum ever, Brockton, Ma. My son picked it up and did not know the severity of the damage. When he got home 7 hours later I seen the damage I was very upset. It took a entire day for him to drive there and back and the drive was horrible. I did not want to take a day off work to drive back there to try to get $$ back from this sleezeball. He had my cash and he was not giving it back for that rusted broken mess he sold me. I don't know how this clown sleeps at night, he actually thought the buyer of the grille was not going to see the damage? idiot..

The point is be careful what you buy on ebay. Look VERY close at pictures and see if seller is taking pics of item of areas that are in nice shape and not showing damaged areas.

Silver R/T

sorry to hear about that, there are people that will take advantage of a hard working car enthusiast.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1FastCharger

Looks to me like two completly different grilles.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

69bronzeT5

Wow, what a difference! He probally taped it together :icon_smile_big:. The driver's side headlight door is from a '68.

I love what he put in the feedback....

"CAUTION! Buyer can't read! parts/repair.refunded $/ still left neg! F/B ABUSE!!!"
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Arizona Dave

Quote from: 70-500-SE-EXPORT on January 14, 2009, 10:07:21 PM
The guy lied and cheated me, so I cheated him and got a few bucks back. I threatened him with negative feedback unless he have me a refund, he only offered me $100 back, so I accepted, and still left him negative because he is still a liar and a thief. Just look at the cleverly deceiving pics in his auction and look at what I got. He set the broken piece in place or taped it so it would not fall out and took the pics. He covered up the damage. The tabs that hold the broken piece to the center section are all broke off, so I cant re-attach the broken piece with epoxy, the center section is not repairable. So the grille is junk, except for the headlight buckets.

I don't argue that you may have been taken advantage of.  However, it was clear that the grill was cracked and damaged.
I buy and sell lots of cars and parts on ebay & I have 100% positive feedback.  I also always request specific additional pictures of specific things I need to see.  I also always ask very specific questions.  That way there are no issues and no suprises.  I even tell the sellers that "I need to make sure there are no suprises, or I will come get my money back".  I'm a pain-in-the-ass bidder, but that's the only way to do it, especially when buying rare or expensive parts.

Make sure in the future you ask very specific questions.  Don't allow yourself to be taken advantage of.  Ebay is great, yet it is "Buyer Beware".
High Speed & Low Drag, Baby!
Look me up when you're in AZ.
Arizona Dave

hotrod98

When I see a statement like "good for parts or repair", I assume that it's not going to be much of a part.  :Twocents:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

2Gunz

Sorry you feel like you got ripped.

But I think its fair to say from the ad and pictures that its rusted and cracked.

And it does say for parts or repairs.

If he told you it was in better shape or lied about it, thats a different story.

Old Moparz

The description in the ebay ad was very vague & the only mention of it's condition was that it "wasn't mint". While I agree that more questions may have unearthed the true condition, I have to say the seller intentionally made the grille look better than it was. When I sell parts I usually take more photos than necessary & always point out what's wrong with the part no matter what it is.

I had a pair of what I thought were mint tail light lenses from a 1970 Plymouth for sale once. I took photos, posted them, gave a clear description, eventually sold them, & got the money order. As I was wrapping them, the light reflected a hairline crack that I had never seen. If you held the lens a certain way you would never know it was there. I could have easily said screw it & shipped it off, but I emailed the buyer & explained the problem.

I apologized & gave him some options.

1)  A full refund, plus I'd reimburse him for his money order since it was my fault.
2)  Half of his money back with both lenses shipped.
3)  Whatever he decided, he could look them over & return them if he didn't want them.

He chose to take half the money back with the lenses, When he got them, he emailed me to say that he didn't think the crack was an issue & was very happy that I was honest about it & thanked me. I know I am not the exceptional seller because I have ran into problems with purchases before & have had the seller make good on it & apologize. I've also ran into scumbags too, but by asking lots of questions & asking for additional photos, you can weed out the problems.

If a seller doesn't give me any answers or the photos, I walk away from the sale without a second thought. If the answers seem vague, or that they might be covering up something up, I'll think it over & maybe try again with another question to see what answer I get. I haven't been ripped off yet, so maybe I'm doing something right.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BronzeOnSteelies

That is pitiful, that sale.

I have yet to get ripped off on ebay but came close. Bought a set of what were supposed to be 15" used Magnum 500 wheels. When I got them they were 14's and in lousy shape. They obviously were not the same wheels as in the picture.

I let the seller know my displeasure and I got my money back. I lost the cost of shipping them back to him (which turned out to be a lot less than what he charged me for shipping).

Mark
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

70-500-SE-EXPORT

Seems some of you think this guy did nothing wrong. I know how the used parts business works. I have been parting out mopars for 15 years. I have been selling used mopar parts on ebay for 7 years. I have never got negative feedback.

Yes, he listed the grille for parts or repair, however look at the pics! It looks like a nice grille to any potential bidder that appears to just need minor work to be used. Obviously a used part is "NOT MINT" as he said in auction. That pretty vague. I know the grille is for parts or repair and its 40 years old, however I go by the pics and it looked very good. I dont expect the center to be completely busted out and placed where it fell out just for pictures. That should have been disclosed in the pictures or description. What he did is totally dishonest. I might have still bidded on the grille if it was broken for the headlight buckets, but NOT that high. I would have bid $250, that's it. He knew if he showed the damage the bids would have been much less. So he is a dishonest lying crook.

Its the SAME thing to sell a rare pottery or vase on ebay that was dropped and broken, then piecing it back together for pictures, Then after pics let it fall apart and ship it to the highest bidder after they paid cash.

Bottom line, any major damage should be disclosed by pictures or the description. Anything that old has some damage expected, some mounting tabs broken, maybe a few cracks, rust, broken bolts, scratches, etc.. That damage is not a hairline crack. Its a huge section busted out that makes the center section grille useless.

hotrod98

I guess I see things differently than some. A couple of months ago, a close friend of mine found a 73 Barracuda on e-bay that could be bought for $1000. The car looked pretty decent, but the guy said that it was a total rust bucket and was not restorable. My friend asked for my advice and said "RUN". He decided that the car didn't look all that bad and bought it anyway. It cost him another grand to have the car moved to Arkansas and the car just about broke in half before it got here. There is deep rust in every crack and crevice. Worse than anything that I've ever seen, but the car didn't look all that bad from the exterior.  What he bought is a bunch of trim, etc. No usable sheet metal whatsoever.
When buying something that I can't go look at in person, I would always suggest listening to what the guy  is saying about the item as opposed to what is shown in the pic.
Bottom line...E-bay is a risk. A "crap shoot" so to speak. Sometimes you win...sometimes you lose. I've been ripped a couple of times on e-bay myself. I try to resolve the matter, but if that proves fruitless, I just chalk it up to the risk that I take when I buy something sight unseen and move on.
Sorry you were ripped. I know it doesn't feel good. 

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Tilar

The ebay listing posted above has been removed.

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 15, 2009, 10:20:07 AM
If a seller doesn't give me any answers or the photos, I walk away from the sale without a second thought. If the answers seem vague, or that they might be covering up something up, I'll think it over & maybe try again with another question to see what answer I get. I haven't been ripped off yet, so maybe I'm doing something right.

I tend to do that myself. Like now I'm wanting to buy a spacer kit for the grille, Item number: 120270518969 on Ebay states that it comes with 70 pieces but it only shows 60 in the picture.  I emailed the guy and he said that there were some metal sleeve inserts that go in the washers. I asked if the metal sleeves were included which would bring the total number of pieces to 70 but I got no answer. So I sent another email asking again and still no answer.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

snooter

in 30 years of dealing with charges, 442's, stangs, etc....i have come to 5 undenialble truths.....texans cannot be trusted....anything in the northeast is a rust bucket with trust factor at 3%....coloradoians can be trusted 50% of the time....floridians can be trusted 75% of the time...god can be trusted 100% of the time.....just 30years of undeniable truths ive gleemed over the years

whitehatspecial

Quote from: snooter on January 15, 2009, 06:49:36 PM
in 30 years of dealing with charges, 442's, stangs, etc....i have come to 5 undenialble truths.....texans cannot be trusted....anything in the northeast is a rust bucket with trust factor at 3%....coloradoians can be trusted 50% of the time....floridians can be trusted 75% of the time...god can be trusted 100% of the time.....just 30years of undeniable truths ive gleemed over the years

30 years ago those cars would have practically new. BTW most people in Florida are transplants from Michigan and the northeast.   :rofl:
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

snooter

wrong.....when i first started hanging around mopars in 77-78 they were rusted out then.....mustangs are the only other car i know of that ever rusted as fast as a mopar.....of course back then little old ladies had some really mint low mileage 65-66 coupe mustangs that we snatched up for 1500bux and trashed....anything hi-po even in the mid 70's was trashed

72SE

Quote from: whitehatspecial on January 15, 2009, 06:56:07 PM
Quote from: snooter on January 15, 2009, 06:49:36 PM

30 years ago those cars would have practically new. BTW most people in Florida are transplants from Michigan and the northeast.   :rofl:

75%? So do I gain or lose percentage points for being a Floridian that is originally from Minnesota? :'( :angel:

68beepbeep

I will put my opinion in on this, Back in '05 I bought a set of headlight bezels off of E-Bay from a guy that was in Hawaii. Had O.K. feedback and in the description it said "a set of headlight bezels in very good condition". Had pictures of left and right. I received one good left and a smashed right. It looked like the car hit a pole right on the bezels center. The box they came in was in good shape, can't blame it on that.  I then emailed the guy and said what the #%$@ is this?  His answer was "I must have mixed them up, sorry, will send one good bezel to replace the bad one, being very patient and not leaving negative feedback, weeks went by and then I got some other car(truck?) bezel, good condition but doesn't fit my car, I then emailed him over and over and got no responce. GOD works in funny ways. I was watching his next sale,(an NOS '80s Mustang ring and pinion) and that person left neg. feedback because it was used and rusty. All I can say is that I'm so done with E-Bay, and ~BUYER BEWARE~

nitrousn

The e-bay ad is gone. However in the picture link posted one can clearly see that that grille is busted up and pieces missing. Just crop the picture and look at it.

70-500-SE-EXPORT

The ad just expired and ebay removed it. However the pic is still up because I copied a picture from the auction and saved to photobucket. You can click on from the original post.
I have BAD LUCK with grilles!! I am one of the victims of another SCAM. I paid PREMIER PLASTIC $580 on December 2007 for a 69 charger grille. they took my money and ran. I never got the grille I paid for. Now the next grille I buy is a POS disguised as a complete restorable grille in nice shape. TWO SCAMS IN A ROW!! Nearly TWO paychecks thrown away in the garbage. I could have filled my house with heating oil three times for the money I was scammed on those grilles. There is a lot of crooks in the Mopar parts hobby. Money is real tight now, and I have been restoring this car for 3 years. I buy parts a little at time as I can afford them. I have no money to waste. Now after buying two grilles, I need to save $$ and spend more $$ to buy another!