News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looked at a 71 Charger yesterday...

Started by vert, January 12, 2009, 09:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vert

Yeah... I drove 360 miles round trip yesterday to check out a 71 SE. It is a 383, possibly original engine, PS, PB, AC, rallye wheels, bucket seats, slapstick, am/fm, rear speaker, GY9, green interior, vinyl top car. It has a 72 bulge hood and r/t stripes added. Pictures were from front, drivers side, and rear. Little rust mentioned. After asking about other damage I was told PS rear quarter was stove in, and minor bubbles on the roof.
What I found was a nice looking car from the front and DS. Trunk rusted thru, Passenger side rear qtr crunched badly, but no visible damage inside. The roof was badly bubbled, and the carpet was drenched. He'd left the windows down and thought the cover was waterproof. I found a hole just behind the windshield I could stick my pinky thru. The panel below the rear window was rusted badly also. 1-2 inch rust spots in occasional places. He has a donor car with a quarter that can be sectioned in. Maybe the roof also. I think there is way too much rust for a project I want to tackle. I'd replace the roof, quarter, rear panel, trunk floor ...possibly the floorboards. I didn't check them, but they did hold water. The engine is supposed to be a rebuilt 383. It started easily and ran smoothly. He wanted $7500... Richmond area craigslist.  Guess I'll hold out for a decent R/T or Superbee.

teamroth

sounds to me like crack kills! Good luck though man!
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

mikesbbody

I would wait for something better do you have any pics of it?

teamroth

They are out there man, I found a 73 SE with a 440 that needed re-assembled for 1200, it can be done. I didn't buy it, but I would think for 8grand you can find what you want.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

vert

skip68

:o   $7,500   :o  good thing you ran.  That is way to much money.   :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

vert

Quote from: teamroth on January 12, 2009, 10:04:00 PM
They are out there man, I found a 73 SE with a 440 that needed re-assembled for 1200, it can be done. I didn't buy it, but I would think for 8grand you can find what you want.
I figured for $7.5 id need a lot of work, but maybe, just maybe be a steal.  My Barracuda (see sig.) was!

mikesbbody

Quote from: skip68 on January 12, 2009, 10:15:34 PM
:o   $7,500   :o  good thing you ran.  That is way to much money.   :rotz:
:iagree: for the work it needs to much $

Hemidoug

Another one who hasn't figured out there is a difference between a Hemi car and run of the mill car.....He will be sitting on that for a while....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

71charger_fan

Being overseas, I always get nervous when I see subjects such as this. I'm always afraid mine will disappear without me knowing it and get sold out from under me and I'll just find an empty garage when I get home. It's always a relief when the description doesn't fit mine. Fortunately, it spends most of its time in a locked shop and only infrequently overnights at the house. I'm lucky that about the only other person on the planet I'd trust with my car lives nearby and keeps the battery charged and the tires round for me.

rustafarian

A buddy of mine is selling this '72.  I actually took this picture after towing it there,  solid car but needs a roof and we have a line on one.  This car is about 30 miles west of Chicago:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/987620664.html
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

moparstuart

Quote from: rustafarian on January 13, 2009, 01:25:59 PM
A buddy of mine is selling this '72.  I actually took this picture after towing it there,  solid car but needs a roof and we have a line on one.  This car is about 30 miles west of Chicago:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/987620664.html
is a 73 roof the same? if so I may have one  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

vert

Quote from: 71charger_fan on January 13, 2009, 12:33:17 PM
Being overseas, I always get nervous when I see subjects such as this. I'm always afraid mine will disappear without me knowing it and get sold out from under me and I'll just find an empty garage when I get home. It's always a relief when the description doesn't fit mine. Fortunately, it spends most of its time in a locked shop and only infrequently overnights at the house. I'm lucky that about the only other person on the planet I'd trust with my car lives nearby and keeps the battery charged and the tires round for me.

Where did you say that car is?  :angel:

ACUDANUT

I hate the green interior.  However, I have seen less of a car go for more money.

Skyview69

If you want to travel to michigan...I have a 71 SE with a 440 in much better condition but does need work. PM me if interested