News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many people miss this lineup of.....

Started by General_01, January 11, 2009, 06:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Lynyrd Skynyrd. I wish I could have been lucky enough to see them back in the day. I was only 10 years old when the plane went down. These guys were awesome musicians. I have seen them many times since they got back together with Johnny singing, but this lineup was the best in my opinion.

How many of you guys were lucky enough to see this lineup or the previous one with Ed King?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IELVPD3snj4

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

ITSA426

You know Dean if you bring up this stuff I just feel old.  I remember when the plane crashed.  Never got to see them though.  Lee

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

General_01

Sorry Lee. Just go sit in the Hemi for a while and time will reverse for a little while. :icon_smile_big:

Actually I was just reminiscing a little because I was looking up some old groups on youtube for my daughter last night so she could hear some REAL music. I brought up:

Rare Earth--Get Ready
Skynyrd--Swamp Music
Otis Redding--Sittin on the Dock of the Bay
Marvin Gaye--Heard It Through The Grapevine
Otis Day--Shout
Bon Jovi--Wanted:Dead or Alive

She thought it was very cool. It all started because the movie "The Commitments" was on and she liked the songs in the movie like "Mustang Sally".
496 stroker
4-speed

General_01

496 stroker
4-speed

500hp_440

Let it alone^.

ITSA426

If I had known I was gonna get this old I sure would have taken better care of myself. 

Dean, I've got a 13 year old living with us for a while and she's getting into 105.7, the FM station that was at Anoka every Saturday night.  She likes much of the music but doesn't seem to think anyone is still around from the days it was recorded.  I'm afraid to tell her about listening to WLS 890 AM at night.  You probably don't remember that either.

Age and treachery will always win out over youth and skill!

oldgold69

i am old  saw them in concert  also allman brothers  marshall tucker  and all the other country rock bands in the70's  good times

General_01

Quote from: oldgold69 on January 11, 2009, 11:32:59 PM
i am old  saw them in concert  also allman brothers  marshall tucker  and all the other country rock bands in the70's  good times

"What's your favorite color..and do you dig the Brothers is drivin' me off the wall."

Another great guitarist I would have liked to have seen. Duane Allman. :2thumbs:

496 stroker
4-speed

Steve P.

Quote from: General_01 on January 11, 2009, 07:14:49 PM
Sorry Lee. Just go sit in the Hemi for a while and time will reverse for a little while. :icon_smile_big:

Actually I was just reminiscing a little because I was looking up some old groups on youtube for my daughter last night so she could hear some REAL music. I brought up:

Rare Earth--Get Ready
Skynyrd--Swamp Music
Otis Redding--Sittin on the Dock of the Bay
Marvin Gaye--Heard It Through The Grapevine
Otis Day--Shout
Bon Jovi--Wanted:Dead or Alive

She thought it was very cool. It all started because the movie "The Commitments" was on and she liked the songs in the movie like "Mustang Sally".

All great except  Jon Bovi....  We did a light show for him and his band when they were new on the scene and he was one VERY COMPLETE A-HOLE......
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida