News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

custom rear sway bar?

Started by defiance, February 09, 2009, 09:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defiance

So I've got a rear spring reloc kit for my '72 rallye, and it's all fitting together nicely, with the exception of the sway bar.  The stock sway bar goes all the way across to just inside the stock spring width, then up to the frame, then turns inward to go through the frame bushings.  With the springs narrowed, there's no longer room for it as it is.

Looking at how everything fits together, I could still use all the stock bushings, if I had it in a slightly different shape - narrower by 3 inches or so, then up, then *out* to the frame bushings.

Of course I have specific measurements and all, but the point is, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to just "find" a bar like that, I believe I'm going to have to have it custom made.

Anywone know where I should start looking for someone to make one like that?  I did search, but couldn't find anything about custom-made sway bars...

defiance

Actually, nevermind - I didn't realize the addco one was all inward of the frame rails, so it shouldn't have any clearance problems.  I'll just order one of those - I'm sure that'll be cheaper than having one custom bent :)