News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Away From Home!

Started by Shakey, January 12, 2009, 09:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Some of you may recall the threads in the past where you are given the opportunity to guess where I am.  For the newer folks, as it has been some time since I have posted one of these threads, my job has me doing quite a bit of travel.  I usually take a photo from my hotel room window, trying to get capture some clues so that a keen eye can come up with the answer.  The only prize is a virtual beer -  :cheers:

The view from my room is nothing to write home about and the view from my office is also nothing too exciting.  There is not much I can offer for clues so I'll post this photo and you folks can start guessing if you like.  If you do guess, back it up with a statement as to why you decided to guess that particular location.

Good luck!   :cheers:

PocketThunder

Grass on the ground this time of year.   :scratchchin: 

Picture is blurry and i cant make out the name on that building..   :scope:

I'll vote for somewhere south of the mason dixon line...  Lexington Kentucky?   (only because i bought my Jeep Wrangler in Lexington years ago and i miss my Jeep  :-\ right now)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

CB

some TTC bus station in Toronto, Ontario is my best guess... :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Jesco

Strange, looks like Stockholm, Sweden  :cheers:  :icon_smile_big:
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

mikepmcs

By the looks of the cars(seem to be all small) and the signs, I'm gonna guess it isn't in the US this time.  I won't hazard a guess but thinking somewhere in Europe :shruggy:

Thanks though for starting your thread back up. :icon_smile_big:

:popcrn:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Shakey

Someone is close!

I left Toronto on Saturday night, had brief stopover at London Heathrow and did not arrive until Sunday afternoon at 2:00 PM!

Jesco - I am guessing you recognized the buses as I see from your profie that I am in your homeland? :shruggy:

Although I am not in Stockholm, you are about as close as damn is to swearing!

Here you go -  :cheers:

The day is just about done for me as I am about to go back to the hotel and, as I hear the folks here say, "take a beer"!

I'll try and take some more photos for you folks, if the sun ever decides to show itself.  I think it was about 9:00 AM before it even tried to come out and it started getting dark at around 3:00 PM.  It's a bit warmer here than it is at home in Canada as my Wife tells me it was -20C with the wind chill and she was cursing me because I didn't take the time to give her a refresher course on how to use the snowblower before I left.

Skol -  :cheers:

CB

Quote from: CB on January 12, 2009, 09:43:55 AM

waaaaaay off :icon_smile_dissapprove:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Shakey

Quote from: CB on January 12, 2009, 10:12:15 AM
Quote from: CB on January 12, 2009, 09:43:55 AM

waaaaaay off :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I live in the Toronto area.

Why did you guess Toronto?

CB

I looked at your profile details, searched Toronto transportation companies, the busses looked like in the pic you showed. But you were in an other damn continent :brickwall:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Hemidog

Sweden? now why would you punish yourself by going there?  :rofl:  :nana:
Just head west!  ;)

Magnumcharger

OK...I need a job like that.
I'm in the friggin' military for crying out loud, and in 20+ years where have I been?
Wainwright, Alberta! ONCE!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Jesco

Cool, Thanks for the  :cheers:
Wich city did you visit for work?

Dropping by for a beer and a look at a nice charger  :cheers:

Bye the way I'm living in Stockholm but is born in the north of sweden...
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Shakey

Quote from: Hemidog on January 12, 2009, 05:30:06 PM
Sweden? now why would you punish yourself by going there?  :rofl:  :nana:
Just head west!  ;)

I don't get choices as to where I get to/have to go.

Some good, some bad but the trip to Sweden is definitely not bad.  I'll be heading out West in February.

The worst day on the road, beats the best day in the office.   :yesnod:

Shakey

Quote from: Jesco on January 13, 2009, 01:51:16 AM
Cool, Thanks for the  :cheers:
Wich city did you visit for work?

Dropping by for a beer and a look at a nice charger  :cheers:

Bye the way I'm living in Stockholm but is born in the north of sweden...

I spent two nights in Norrtalje and I will spend tonight in Norrkoping.  I will take the train to Goteborg and spend three nights there before leaving for home on Saturday AM.

I have no spare time on this trip and I am disappointed that I will not get to see Stockholm.  Maybe next time!

Jesco

1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Shakey

Just 6T9 CHGR

So Mike, what are they making over there? :scratchchin:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 13, 2009, 09:04:13 AM
So Mike, what are they making over there? :scratchchin:

My role in 2009 has changed slighly, although still in sales, I will also be helping with some of the marketing decisions.  I am over here to plan the trade fair events for the next few years which include exhibitions in Sweden, Belgium, Germany and the United States.

The products manufactured here are similar to what is manufactured in North America, just geared towards the European market.

I was given a calendar that I thought many of you would be able to appreciate!