News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Just Found" Pics of Cdn SE 414665 from 10 years Ago

Started by maxwellwedge, January 09, 2009, 07:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwellwedge

I found these pics in a drawer. They were taken in British Columbia about 10 years ago (or so).
The owner of the car was an old guy named Richard (can't remember his last name at the moment). He had a bunch of cars, including a couple of '71 Chargers (1 a Hemi, the other a V-Code) one was a pilot car. The man had engines and parts out the ying-yang. One pic that looks like an old shack is his house. It was so full of parts the attic was caving in to the main floor. He lived in an old trailer next the the house because the house was jammed with parts (and rodents). His shower was a tarp draped around 3 trees with a garden hose draped over. The Daytona had a bullet hole in the wing - he was shooting ar some kids that came round to steal parts. He lost his wife years before and later his teenage son to drugs. Very sad story. I was going to buy his entire inventory for around 80k at the time but a buddy talked me out of it. I bought the Daytona SE and a complete pan to carbs warranty Hemi engine. That engine eventually went to Quebec when I sold my Hemi 500 and White Daytona.

The fellow that was handling all the sales on Richards stuff was named Doug Boire. He robbed the old man blind (I found out later) by telling Richard that the parts sold at a fraction of what he actually got for them. I heard the dirt-bag Doug (what else can you call a guy that was screwing the poor old man) died a few years ago. I am not sure if Richard is still alive. His dream was to buy a motor coach and spend winters in Mexico. I got a call a few years ago from a fellow that bought all his remaining inventory....I did not write down his name or number (darn it). Anyway, I can do a better scan and I have a few more I can scan.

Aero426

I remember seeing the car on Ebay about 10 years ago with those tarps spread out. 

Do you own this car now?

tan top

good/ intresting  pictures , is that  the one in  cars in barns   :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nascarxx29

If I recall correctly it was Jims .And he sold it to friend
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

maxwellwedge

maxwellwedge

maxwellwedge

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 09, 2009, 08:18:45 PM
I remember seeing the car on Ebay about 10 years ago with those tarps spread out. 

Do you own this car now?

I sold it to a friend a few years ago. He restored it recently. It is still in Canada. We are going to do a group photo with SE 665 and SE 619 in the spring.

Magnumcharger

Sad story...but very familiar as well.
What is it about guys like that - who seem to be living not only on the fringe of existence, but the fringe of insanity.

I know another guy like this.
He owns dozens of unrestored Mopar musclecars, most of them stashed in his PIG BARNS.
And he lives in a house that is smaller than a one car garage. At least he hasn't been ripped off, because he has never sold anything, ever.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

maxwellwedge

Wonder if these cars he had are around...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 09, 2009, 08:18:45 PM

Do you own this car now?

These pics......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Wonder when Gene is going to comment on these pictures. I'm sure he will notice the extra hole in the inner fender above the batter tray. Seems that only Daytona's have the 2nd hole punched in them.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on January 11, 2009, 08:55:54 AM
Wonder when Gene is going to comment on these pictures. I'm sure he will notice the extra hole in the inner fender above the batter tray. Seems that only Daytona's have the 2nd hole punched in them.

Yeah, I know - I'm slow sometimes. :slap:

I did notice the second hole behind the battery when the pictures (finally) loaded on my dialup connection at home Saturday morning.  Also saw the single battery cooling hole, missing front hood bumper, and this morning I double-checked that the options on the car at the time matched the fender tag.  One thing that was curious to me is the black paint or discoloration on the backside of the radiator yoke.  Not sure what's going on with that.  Any ideas, Jim?

BTW, thanks for posting those pictures - and we'd all love to see the rest of 'em when you have time.

maxwellwedge

That black paint - Osmosis from the radiator  :eyes:  Not sure what to make of that at the moment - I'll study the pics with a magnifier....I need one just to read small print these days  :'(

My Tona's rad supports are both different - Doc - Single, Disco - Twin hole.

hemi68charger

Man,, after those pics, I have it pretty good............

Stinks that ANYONE has to live in those conditions........ He apparently had a love of Mopars and couldn't let anything go, until later................

Glad to see the cars and parts getting into hands that can put them back together. Hope the old man's ok or at the very least got a better lot in life..............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

I did notice the second hole behind the battery when the pictures (finally) loaded on my dialup connection at home Saturday morning.  Also saw the single battery cooling hole, missing front hood bumper, and this morning I double-checked that the options on the car at the time matched the fender tag.  One thing that was curious to me is the black paint or discoloration on the backside of the radiator yoke.  Not sure what's going on with that.  Any ideas, Jim?

BTW, thanks for posting those pictures - and we'd all love to see the rest of 'em when you have time.
[/quote]

Doc has some of the same black on the rear of the yoke...Not near as much but enough to comment on....Spooky!