News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which header gaskets?

Started by metcoll, January 06, 2009, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metcoll

hello there built my 440 a few years ago with 452 heads & now i noticed i have a header leak, can someone tell which gaskets to use or part #...motor is in vehicle...thx for any help...

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

firefighter3931

:iagree: You can't do better than the Percy's gaskets !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

4aThrill

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 06, 2009, 10:04:53 PM
:iagree: You can't do better than the Percy's gaskets !  :2thumbs:

Ron

:iagree: Hey man if you do a search on header gasket like I have done in the past Percy's gaskets come up everytime as # 1 and I research on other sites too besides this rocking site. I'm going with Percy's when I get my ride back :cheers:

Mefirst

You should also check the headers flange so it has not warped, typical problem with the cheaper headers.. also use copper spray (its like glue) on the gaskets... when you tighten the bolts, tighten them like in an "X" just like with your wheel bolts, also do not over tighten the bolts..

My :Twocents: