News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Worcester MA

Started by Moparbob, January 09, 2009, 04:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparbob

Hello brothers and sisters,

Ive been ripped off on ebay for $100 by some guy in Worcester, MA. I was wondering if there are any members here who might be willing to investigate.

I bought a torquer intake of this joker on the 23 of December. He said it would go right out. Anyway he now does not return emails, phones is disconnected ect. If anybody can help please let me know.

His name is:

Ricky Starbard

His company is supposed to be:
Irate Racing A Plus Auto
69 Armory St, Worcester, MA 01603-2801
Contact Phone: (508) 792-1842 

I have other information if needed.

Here is the ebay info, as you can see I have a 100% positive rating:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&item=220333431397&viewitem=

Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

dodgecharger-fan

Sorry, I'm not there but I can offer up this info.. just 'cause I'm a curious s.o.b..  :P

The company profile looks kinda sucky: 1 Employee, started in 2007
http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_6z2slp
(not say one-man shops are sucky - just in this case where it seems that the place is gone, that makes it tougher to track down.)

Looks like a commercial plaza of sorts
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=69+Armory+St,+Worcester,+MA+01603-2801&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=48.421237,76.464844&ie=UTF8&ll=42.246525,-71.813432&spn=0.002784,0.004667&t=h&z=18

He probably rented a bay for a few years...

I hope it works out for you.

Moparbob

Thanks Bud,

I have been using Ebay for a while with no problems. This guy is a looser. Somebody will live there and will be able to help im sure.
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

rick.d

Bob,
My name is Rick and i live north of that dump they call Worcester. I have been registered on this board for some time now but ive never really introduced myself. (I have a 70 charger 500 se, 383 4-spd) I guess im what you call a lurker? Anyway,  what kind of help can i be of?
I had gotten ripped off by my x wife and some of her dirtbag friends while i was serving in Iraq in 2004, and they stole/sold about 5k in charger parts and i think they may have gone to someone in that area. Not saying its the same guy, and i know ill never see the parts again but when i heard  "Worcester" and "ripped off "in the same sentence my blood started to boil. So if you need someone to pay him a visit, pretty good chance id be that guy. thanks. Either way, good luck.

mikepmcs

Sweet.

Thanks for serving by the way!!!

Welcome Aboard.

v/r
Mike
(USN Retired)
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Moparbob

Quote from: rick.d on January 09, 2009, 05:49:59 PM
Bob,
My name is Rick and i live north of that dump they call Worcester. I have been registered on this board for some time now but ive never really introduced myself. (I have a 70 charger 500 se, 383 4-spd) I guess im what you call a lurker? Anyway,  what kind of help can i be of?
I had gotten ripped off by my x wife and some of her dirtbag friends while i was serving in Iraq in 2004, and they stole/sold about 5k in charger parts and i think they may have gone to someone in that area. Not saying its the same guy, and i know ill never see the parts again but when i heard  "Worcester" and "ripped off "in the same sentence my blood started to boil. So if you need someone to pay him a visit, pretty good chance id be that guy. thanks. Either way, good luck.

First off thank you for your service to our country. I have had plenty of friends serve in Iraq and other places and I know its no picnic.

I am also sorry to hear about your troubles in Worcester. There is a special place in hell for people like that.

I don't know what to do honestly. This guy contacted me twice saying my intake was shipped and when I asked for tracking info he dropped off the face of the earth. I have no idea how big Worcester is or if you know any car guys over there that might have heard of Ricky Starbard.

His last know whereabouts was:
Ricky Starbard

Irate Racing A Plus Auto

Also ebay supplied this:
User ID: gto1028
Name: Richard StarbardJr
Company:  
City: Worcester
State: MA
Phone: (508) 579-2440

Please let me know what you think.
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

mikepmcs

You said the phone was disconnected. Maybe a drive by just to see if the business still exists is in order first??

He just received feedback on the 7th.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

this might be his father.  there is another listing for a richard starbard age 34 that I can't get the phone information on. I'm just assuming he lives in worcester, I could be way off but here is a number below to a richard sr.  Might be worth a shot.

Starbard Sr, Richard D

86 Country Club Blvd, Apt 305

Worcester, MA 01605-1527

(508) 853-9960

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

BLAM!!!

A plus auto repair
(508) 799-9716
102 Highland Street,
Worcester, MA 01609

also came up as irate under the old address.  hope this helps.

Mike

rick.d

Bob, how did he say he was going to send it? FED EX, UPS,..He should have a tracking number for it.Obviously you cannot ask him for it if he is not answering calls, but if by chance can you call the Fed Ex, ect and see if they had any recent pick ups from him to you???At least that way you would know if he sent it or not.

Moparbob

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 09, 2009, 06:15:41 PM
BLAM!!!

A plus auto repair
(508) 799-9716
102 Highland Street,
Worcester, MA 01609

also came up as irate under the old address.  hope this helps.

Mike

hee hee,, thanks ,, number not in service.
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Moparbob

Quote from: rick.d on January 09, 2009, 06:24:02 PM
Bob, how did he say he was going to send it? FED EX, UPS,..He should have a tracking number for it.Obviously you cannot ask him for it if he is not answering calls, but if by chance can you call the Fed Ex, ect and see if they had any recent pick ups from him to you???At least that way you would know if he sent it or not.

Hey,

He sent what appears to be a bogus USPS tracking number. They have no record of it.
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

jb666

I'll keep an eye on this thread.. It's winter, and I'm bored.. It's only about a 45 minute ride for me to get to his dump. I have a buddy who got popped for an OUI about 5 months ago and he'd love to have an outlet for his newfound anger.. 

I hate people like this that feel the need to rip others off. I hope you get your parts, but put me on the list to pay this guy a visit  :cheers:

Moparbob

hee hee,  I don't want him "Jacked up" peeps,, I just want my manifold. If anybody is like close to there and wants to ride to a few of these know hideouts ;) Ill gladly pay for your gas. And if you find this guy tell him to hand over the manifold and the $20  I paid for shipping. I'll then pay you to ship it to me!

Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

jb666

Quote from: Moparbob on January 09, 2009, 07:45:28 PM
hee hee,  I don't want him "Jacked up" peeps,, I just want my manifold. If anybody is like close to there and wants to ride to a few of these know hideouts ;) Ill gladly pay for your gas. And if you find this guy tell him to hand over the manifold and the $20  I paid for shipping. I'll then pay you to ship it to me!

I really wish I knew about this last week.. I drove through the dump...

nh_mopar_fan

I don't get out that way as often as I used to, it's 2+ hours.

There are a few guys on this forum that are in that area, I believe.

http://www.massmopar.com/

dpm68

God I love this kind of networking. I am here in sunny Colorado, but I sure would like to tag along! Barring that, good luck and please let us know what happens. - dave

jdiesel33

Quote from: rick.d on January 09, 2009, 05:49:59 PM
Bob,

I must say, I am now a fan of Rick, not only for serving our great country, but for stepping to the plate like that. Welcome Rick. We're glad to have you. Thanks for your service.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Moparbob

This Guy is a jerk,, nothing from him at all..  :icon_smile_dissapprove: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :brickwall:
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

rick.d

Bob,
im heading there tue. after work. I was thinking i could just ask him for some type of reciept, from the shipping co. and if it is ups it should have a tracking number, i will then call ups or whoever he used to ship it right then and there and see what they say. I would like to think if the guy really sent it he would have nothing to hide and would be helpful. Or he could tell me to go screw. Or i might tell him i was looking to buy some parts, and see if he offers to sell me your intake manifold. Another option would be to take him to small claims court if he does not show me reasonable proof he really did send the part? Im not sure where you are from, so he most likely wont expect you to show up but, what if i showed up with all the needed info? I know its extreme, but i would do it if needed. What are your thoughts?

Moparbob

Quote from: rick.d on January 12, 2009, 08:26:08 PM
Bob,
im heading there tue. after work. I was thinking i could just ask him for some type of reciept, from the shipping co. and if it is ups it should have a tracking number, i will then call ups or whoever he used to ship it right then and there and see what they say. I would like to think if the guy really sent it he would have nothing to hide and would be helpful. Or he could tell me to go screw. Or i might tell him i was looking to buy some parts, and see if he offers to sell me your intake manifold. Another option would be to take him to small claims court if he does not show me reasonable proof he really did send the part? Im not sure where you are from, so he most likely wont expect you to show up but, what if i showed up with all the needed info? I know its extreme, but i would do it if needed. What are your thoughts?

Hey Bud,

If you find him just straight out tell him your there to pick up Bob Norris's 44 intake he bought off ebay. Ill pay you to ship it to me. He should cough up the $20 I paid for the shipping.

He has not responded to emails in over two weeks so I bet he's gone.

Here is all the info:

His name is:

Ricky Starbard

Irate Racing A Plus Auto

I have other information if needed.

Here is the ebay info, as you can see I have a 100% positive rating:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&item=220333431397&viewitem=
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

rick.d

Bob,
I went there today after work and found him. I pull up to the place and ask two guys if they knew where 69 Armory rd was and they said your looking at it. I asked if Rick was around and it turned out it was him. I introduced myself and told him why i was there, and he told me he shipped the manifold. I told him you where trying to get in touch with him but there was a problem with the phone number and that i was a friend that you had asked to stop by and get the tracking number,ect...i explained that the one you had, U.P.S  said they had no record of it. He seemed like a decent guy, much to my surprise. So we go into his shop and he showed me the paper w/ the number on it, your address, ect. I asked if i could take it to give to you and he said that would be fine as he had another copy. According to this paper, it says it was not shipped on 23 December, but on Jan 4, 2009.
Priority mail ($9.30)  Insured mail fee ($2.60) (insured for $200) and also an electronic option signature confirmation fee of $1.80.
Call me with a fax number and ill get this to you????It also has the tracking number 420 24148 9125 1288 8230 0556 xxxx xx. (I left the last six out)
One thing he did mention was that he had some other stuff that was also missing. I want to say he told me something like he had a bunch of parts waiting to be shipped before leaving on vacation. That said, does that mean they were WAITING to be picked up WHEN he left for vaca? If so, how does he know they were actually picked up? Did he physically hand them over to the post office, or did he leave them and call for a pick up, then come back and everything was gone so he assumed the freight co. had picked the stuff up? Or was it all stolen before the freight co. got there, and like i said he assumed they were shipped??? I didnt start thinking about that until i was halfway home, sorry i should have payed more attention and all, but i was looking at the slip when that happened. Let me know what you think. Also is there any help paypal can give you? -Rick.D

Moparbob

Wow thanks Ric,

There is no way it should take over a week to get here, the guy is full of crap. Did he say why he hasn't emailed me or anything? Geesh,,  Can you email me that tracking number not that I think it Will do anything. Thanks for your effort brother!
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

jdiesel33

Quote from: rick.d on January 13, 2009, 07:55:29 PM
Bob,
I went there today after work and found him. I pull up to the place and ask two guys if they knew where 69 Armory rd was and they said your looking at it. I asked if Rick was around and it turned out it was him. I introduced myself and told him why i was there, and he told me he shipped the manifold. I told him you where trying to get in touch with him but there was a problem with the phone number and that i was a friend that you had asked to stop by and get the tracking number,ect...i explained that the one you had, U.P.S  said they had no record of it. He seemed like a decent guy, much to my surprise. So we go into his shop and he showed me the paper w/ the number on it, your address, ect. I asked if i could take it to give to you and he said that would be fine as he had another copy. According to this paper, it says it was not shipped on 23 December, but on Jan 4, 2009.
Priority mail ($9.30)  Insured mail fee ($2.60) (insured for $200) and also an electronic option signature confirmation fee of $1.80.
Call me with a fax number and ill get this to you????It also has the tracking number 420 24148 9125 1288 8230 0556 xxxx xx. (I left the last six out)
One thing he did mention was that he had some other stuff that was also missing. I want to say he told me something like he had a bunch of parts waiting to be shipped before leaving on vacation. That said, does that mean they were WAITING to be picked up WHEN he left for vaca? If so, how does he know they were actually picked up? Did he physically hand them over to the post office, or did he leave them and call for a pick up, then come back and everything was gone so he assumed the freight co. had picked the stuff up? Or was it all stolen before the freight co. got there, and like i said he assumed they were shipped??? I didnt start thinking about that until i was halfway home, sorry i should have payed more attention and all, but i was looking at the slip when that happened. Let me know what you think. Also is there any help paypal can give you? -Rick.D

awesome job Rick!
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

Moparbob

Checked with the Post office again today with that number and its a no ship. The guy is a dead beat  :flame:
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Moparbob

A follow up:

I called another company that is in the same building called Brooks Brothers Used Parts. The guy said he knew him and would speak to him. Well I called back today and he told me that the guy said he shipped the parts UPS but the numbers he gave Ric are USPS! What a line. Then he said the guy told him I didn't pay for the item till 3 days ago! Have a look at the listing and see when I bought and paid for it. What a looser. He should be glad I don't live up that way as he would be nailed.  :flame: :flame:

Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Moparbob

Last update:

Pay pal and ebay reviewed the case and biased on no contact from the seller in several weeks they ruled in my favor returning my money. They got $50 out of what was left in his account and the rest was Ebays buyers protection.

Just goes to show you a 100% rating is not always perfect.  BEWARE OF EBAYER gto1028!
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

jdiesel33

Good for you! I am glad you got your money back.  ;) Hopefully someone will put this dude out of business permanently!!!!!! :icon_smile_angry:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

Moparbob

Quote from: jdiesel33 on January 14, 2009, 02:19:50 PM
Good for you! I am glad you got your money back.  ;) Hopefully someone will put this dude out of business permanently!!!!!! :icon_smile_angry:

Good folks here helping each other out  :2thumbs:
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.