News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help me decide what to do with my car

Started by Lightning, November 02, 2005, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what should it be?

turn it into a Stock Car!
6 (40%)
put it into storage for future rebirth!
0 (0%)
sell it.
9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Lightning

Well, I got my hands on a fuel efficient car, so now I can begin to really work on it (finally!!!)

I'm kinda undecided on what to do with it though, I really want to go racing at my local short track (oval) next year.  But even though the tech inspector said once the car is stripped out for racing it should be competitive, I'm worried it won't be.  It's either my LeBaron or a mid-eighties Thunderbird (I will not drive a chevy if I can help it)

So what do y'all think?
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Brock Samson

Lightning

nope, why would I be? any 70's Mopars are rare here, my Chrysler is no exception. If I could find a Dart or a Duster i would use it.

Brock Samson

while it might be fun,. seriously, I personaly wouldn't dilute my forces and spending capital on a derby car unless my "REAL" car (Charger) was solidified...
If ya had the bucks to blow on a "goof" i'd say sure but,.. i would think you'd be better offsavin up for a real B-body this bein a Charger site 'n all..
my too scents  ;)

Vainglory, Esq.

I dunno, Ponch and I have long had the inclination to go oval track racing, but a lack of funds has kept us from the goal.  I think making it into an oval tracker would be a helluva lot of fun, and i say go for it.

Khyron

buy a 76 Aspen and put them all into the wall! :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Vainglory on November 02, 2005, 09:21:54 PM
I think making it into an oval tracker would be a helluva lot of fun, and i say go for it.
:iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

Oval tracker for the first season, derby car for the second. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

Oh great you guys,.. nows he's gonna go out there and somebodys gonna lose an eye!~..   :icon_smile_wink:

twilt

It's up to you but around here a street stock car is easy to find for a reasonable price.  How 'bout mini sprints?  Those can be a lot of fun and cheap.  I know of one right now that took 2nd in the points for sale for $5500.  Turning a car into a stocker and still being competitve can be more expensive than just buying one from a guy that learned the same thing the hard way. :Twocents:
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

Old Moparz

Use your car or find one that you won't be upset crashing the crap out of, & go racing. There was a guy here in my area that had the only Mopar at the dirt track in the early 90's. It was a late 60's notchback Barracuda, which at the time was not an expensive car, nor considered very desirable. I routed for him since he was the only Mopar & outnumbered by the Fords & Chebbies. He only made it halfway through the race befoe he wrecked it, but I'm sure he had fun.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TheGhost

Strip it, race it untill it's dead, then scrap it.  Save up, and buy a Charger.  Or a Duster, or Dart, or some other Mopar.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TruckDriver

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 02, 2005, 09:49:54 PM
Oval tracker for the first season, derby car for the second. :D

Or just do both and make a figure 8 car.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Lightning

Quote from: greenpigs on November 03, 2005, 05:34:35 PM
Save your money and just drive it.

I already just got a economy car, and that's what I'm doing.

I think I will go the racing route though, and I can save money for what I truly want: a '68 or a '70 Charger!

skip68

I thought an economy car is a race car? All I see now days is guys taking a Honda or whatever, putting wings and all kinds of money into them to try and make them fast. I never could under stand that. That's like taking a fishing boat and trying to make a race boat out of it.(BUY A RACE BOAT) I would rather buy a car thats made to go fast and make it go faster. But I would do it for fun only with either car as long as you can still save money for your dream 68-70 charger. But remember those cars are a dime a dozen and chargers are getting more$$$$$$$ every day! Good luck and be safe,Skip68.........................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

greenpigs

Quote from: Lightning 06 on November 05, 2005, 12:20:43 AM
Quote from: greenpigs on November 03, 2005, 05:34:35 PM
Save your money and just drive it.

I already just got a economy car, and that's what I'm doing.

I think I will go the racing route though, and I can save money for what I truly want: a '68 or a '70 Charger!

Well if it is free to race at the track and the car doesn't need a bunch of safety equipment, that will have little use on a charger, go ahead. I think your spitting in the wind on this though.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Lightning

*UPDATE* Well, a car lot owner is going to trade me a '79 Magnum for the LeBaron, so at least now I will be able to get aftermarket suspension parts, plus I'll have a 360 in the car.  Bottom line: less headaches.

andy74

dont fuck up that magnum, if you dont want it sell it to someone who does,they are getting fewer and fewer ,and they are a decent car

TruckDriver

I wish I had a '78-'79 Magnum. Cool cars!

BUT!

YOU MUST POST PICS OF THE MAGNUM!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:
PETE

Lightning

well......the more I look at it, the more I don't want to get rid of it........I guess you could say I'm at a crossroads.

I've decided I can't go stock car racing next year for financial reasons (...well, and I actually want to pass my college classes next semester) so I'm gonna go drifting instead.

I have 2 choices:
1: keep the LeBaron and do the B-body suspension conversion, and keep the praticality of a 4 door car
-or-
2: buy the Magnum outright, sell the LeBaron, and have the room to put a big block in it later on when I can afford it.

(I'm kinda leaning towards #1, that way I have something I can really be proud of, when others have said that it's impossible to be done, plus I've gotten sentimental on the car)

seriously though, do y'all remember that feeling when you had your first Mopar, and didn't know what to do with it?