News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm not a hater --but -- this kid is out of control!!!

Started by TUFCAT, January 06, 2009, 10:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Is anyone else shocked by our new little buddy 500hp_440 ?  :eek2:

Between December 28 to January 6th he's racked up 176 (seemingly worthless) posts.... and managed to annoy even our most senior members.  :rotz:

Please  ... (and I know your reading this) ... take a break, step back from the keyboard, and come back when you have something really great to contribute so we can welcome you again....    :-\

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69bronzeT5

500hp_440, I love that there is another Young Gun here but....USE THE SPELL CHECK! :nana:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 06, 2009, 10:55:32 PM
Is anyone else shocked by our new little buddy 500hp_440 ?  :eek2:

Between December 28 to January 6th he's racked up 176 (seemingly worthless) posts.... and managed to annoy even our most senior members.  :rotz:

Please  ... (and I know your reading this) ... take a break, step back from the keyboard, and come back when you have something really great to contribute so we can welcome you again....    :-\

TUFCAT FOR NEXT PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!  :patriot: :bow: :bow: :bow: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :notworthy: :dance: :dance: :thumbs: :thumbs:

"THANK YOU!" I WORSHIP THE KITTY LITTER YOU WALK ON!!!!  :bow:  :D
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dans 68

Just ignore the wreck, please...keep on driving.... :P :D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

TUFCAT

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 06, 2009, 10:57:28 PM
we all were kids at one point.

Its great for any new member (young or old) to be that enthusiastic. But the attitude for a newbie seems very obnoxious ....and kills any "enthusiasm" theory for me.  :scratchchin:

500hp_440

Let it alone^.

TUFCAT

teamroth

Quote from: Dans 68 on January 06, 2009, 11:06:55 PM
Just ignore the wreck, please...keep on driving.... :P :D

Dan

I like that, quit your rubbernecking/stopping traffic, and keep the line moving!
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

mikesbbody

Well...the way i see it is like this: Ryan starts a topic about his charger probably expects a few thumbs up etc (and why not?) but some members here start giving him s..t and at first he takes it then obviously think's "the hell with this" and tells a few people to f..k off. Now i ask you (those well over 16) what were you like at that age? i can tell you at that age i had no problem telling "adults" to f..k off (not my dad he'd kick my ass lol) anyway, over the years i have learnt to be more accepting and just brush things off that normally, in my younger years would have pissed me off.
I just think some of the things said were not necessary i.e things like his text spelling, grammer etc (hell, my grammer etc still sucks  :lol:) reading through the lines it was almost like some of you basically said "your car's a piece of crap" who cares about the small details (grammer, "sure grip" not "posi" 500 h.p or not) etc etc. I think its time we gave ryan the break he deserves he has apoligised.
For the record, yes i think he could have calmed down a bit before posting but in a world where 16 year old (or younger) people are beating people up and filming it and posting it on youtube, selling drugs, killing people etc i think a few f... words can be forgiven.
I have taken some flak from members here over my support of the younger members but that's fine i can take it. I also think Cody was treated unfairly by some at first but that's behind us now. I hope we can all move on i wish Ryan all the best and i hope everyone here will move on too.  :Twocents:

skip68

I have taken some flak from members here over my support of the younger members but that's fine i can take it. I also think Cody was treated unfairly by some at first but that's behind us now. I hope we can all move on i wish Ryan all the best and i hope everyone here will move on too.  :Twocents:
[/quote]

Chuck and I have ALWAY'S welcomed new members, young and old. The difference between Cody and Ryan is respect!!!!! :yesnod: Cody came on this board with it!!!!!!!!!!!  :yesnod: He was given allot of flack for posting allot, sucked it up, and learned real quick. He NEVER ONCE WAS DISRESPECTFUL, like Ryan.

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikesbbody

Respect is earned not given i gave Ryan respect in my post and he didnt tell me to f..k off (respect given back) i agree cody and ryan and different. If any of the young guys did something i thought was really bad i would defnitly say something. If you cant move on and forgive then i feel sorry for you.

skip68

I love everyone.  :yesnod: :-*   :scratchchin:  But not BK Automotive.  :rotz:  :nono:  Mr. skip68........... I don't have much to say about 500_HP.  He was not off to a good start at all and made an ass of himself.  :rotz:   I think he knows it to.  I'm going to just wait and watch and see what happens.   :shruggy:  My wife has her own opinion and I respect it.  I guess if I go looking I can find the good things he has said, but I think he has burned a few bridges to the point that I could care less.  :rotz:   :shruggy:   Chuck.................

hemi-hampton

I agree with mikesbbody, give the kid a break, Relax ::) :shruggy: :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Even though it seems as if things have calmed down, I'm glad TUFCAT brought this up.  To those that say  a little F*** words is forgiveable?  Well maybe, but it turned me the wrong way, made me think less of him.  I just wasn't raised to talk to others that way.  If you go back to one of my first threads of which started as " Why I'm a GM guy, anyone wanna buy a Charger "  I was heart broken and stressed of what I was going through with my new Charger.  To this day I remember someone coming down hard on me.  I really thought he was unfair with me but did I swear to the guy?  He made me look like a fool I thought, but I stood my ground of how I didn't make the worlds worst decision to buy the car, I just had bad luck.  I'm sorry, the disrespect filthy talk of the kids today turns me off.  Do we move on and look the other way?  Yes, but it doesn't mean it never happened.  I'm glad things are better, but still it was wrong, and low class Period. This subject was sitting in the back of my brain and I'm glad it was brought up separately of his original thread.  Feel free to remember my newbie trauma. 

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,34954.340.html
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Shakey

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 07, 2009, 01:38:02 AM

:iagree:

From what I read, he posted about his new ride with excitement and the members here started the $hit!

I've seen it all too often.

Mike hit the nail on the head!

BB1

I generally try to avoid all teenagers, they're all annoying to me.  :rofl:

My Mom bought me a 69 Charger when I turned 17, because I was needing to bring myself to school everyday. It was $500. back in 1983, I'm sure I paid it back by now.
I loved driving the wheels of it back in San Diego. Everyday was a great day to drive.

Memories   :yesnod: BIG Slotted MAGs 14X10

I've been an enthusiast for 26 years this May, and I never lost the passion.
I think the kid has a lot of energy, and maybe a lack of patient like most teens.
Your Charger will teach you discipline, good decision making, an appreciation of a classic car.
Right now it wants your money, so a girlfriend is out of the question.
Get a job, go to school, learn from the DC family how to work on the classics.
Also grow a thicker skin.
You failed the trial of fire, but I see you becoming a great Jedi MoPar expert one day.

Picture is from 1986 after it got painted.
Delete my profile

1969chargerrtse

oK so I went back and read where the problem started, and I do not see where a member here was rude or unfair to him to justify the way he snapped back. Let's not forget the nasty swearing PM he sent out.  Just my thought. But it's all good.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

defiance

What, so since people stopped ripping on the guy and actually talking about the charger in the original thread, you guys thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread *devoted* to it?  Come on.  Nearly all "176 worthless posts" as you put it are in his own thread (and if I had 10 pages of people ripping on me I'd probably have 176 posts in that thread too).

And the last half or so of them have been nearly entirely APOLOGIES and details of his charger (vin, fender tag, discussion of what needs to be done, etc). 

And you guys still want to complain about him?

Look nobody's saying his behavior was great at the start, it certainly wasn't.  But he's CLEARLY and REPEATEDLY apologized, several confrontations by other members since have been very maturely either ignored or responded to with more apologies.  Now that he's done the mature thing, maybe WE can do the mature thing and stop ripping on him?

TUFCAT

Quote from: Shakey on January 07, 2009, 08:25:39 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 07, 2009, 01:38:02 AM

:iagree:

From what I read, he posted about his new ride with excitement and the members here started the $hit!

WRONG.

TUFCAT

some review....... he started off okay.  After he was "corrected" by other members who basically pointed out his limited knowledge (and mechanical abilities) has exceed beyond his obvious arrogance......he came out swinging.
:brickwall:

For the bleeding hearts, go to the middle of page 3 (better yet, page 4) and start reading..... he apologizes on page 11.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52213.40.html