News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHAT TIPS CAN YOU OFFER TO SOMEONE CONSIDERING THE PURCHASE OF A 69 CHARGER ?

Started by model maker, January 06, 2009, 10:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

model maker

The next time I go by there i will take my camera, the front end looks good in the pictures but when you squat down and look at it, the gaps are bigger on the passenger side and the top of the grille on that side sags a little. I will take better pictures of it.
MODEL MAKER

tan top

Quote from: model maker on January 09, 2009, 06:23:41 PM
The next time I go by there i will take my camera, the front end looks good in the pictures but when you squat down and look at it, the gaps are bigger on the passenger side and the top of the grille on that side sags a little. I will take better pictures of it.

oh right  ok .... well  have a look ... at your pictures then , can't wait to see them  Bert   :2thumbs::coolgleamA: :scope:  ... i will say one thing though , the old mopars we all love , had rubbish panel alignment , from the factory ... i wish i had taken pictures before i striped mine down ,  it was all original panels , & never had a wreck 63k mile car  .   the door gaps were all over the show 1/4 " at the top to nearly touching at the bottom , fenders to cowl to hood    :rotz: like i say car was straight & never wrecked .... spent hours & hours aligning   before paint , could never get it how i wanted , but  close enough & looked real good  , found out mine was built on a friday   :lol: could be the reason  , only joking . :yesnod: , but compare the  panel fit on todays cars  ,  our mopars factory gaps / alignment are like from the stone age
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

model maker

I know what you mean, the gaps on both of my chargers doors were perfect at the top and almost touching at the bottoms. It was a real headache on my 68 when i tried to line up the passenger door, i got the gaps really messed up and was glad to just get it back to where it was. The charger at the place i am looking looks like the sagging grille shell could use a screw to hold it in place, in fact, there is an empty screw hole in fender/hood panel that looks like a clip should be there. the grille shell moves easily upwards to cover that spot and may be just missing a clip. It is a beautiful car when i sit in it. when i go back there i will open the hood/trunk and take some pictures of the vitals. Like I said, the doors close very solid and the gaps on the car look to be much more even that my 68 or 69 ever were.
MODEL MAKER

six-tee-nine

Damn, you can really feel the jealousy pouring out of the 68 guys.... :hah: :hah:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

moparstuart

Quote from: six-tee-nine on January 10, 2009, 10:42:45 AM
Damn, you can really feel the jealousy pouring out of the 68 guys.... :hah: :hah:
I only own 69's but I still know 68's are the best 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Green71R/T

Make sure you get a good look under the car for rust that may be hidden by undercoating or fiberglass.Check out jb666 thread to show what a coat of paint can hide.Fifty grand is a lot of money so inspect carefully.I do not know how to link to another thread but i am sure you can find it easily as it receives updates daily of the beautiful job they are doing to repair the mess.

model maker

I saw and saved a guys story about a mustang he bought site unseen except photographs and the fraud the seller committed and who is now in hiding. it was a red mustang convertable that the guy paid 18 GRAND for and it started disintegrating right before his eyes as it rolled off of the trailer when it was delivered to him. It is a lesson to be remembered. I have the link to the story if anyone would like to read it.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

nakita7

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on January 07, 2009, 12:26:47 PM
By 1969 they worked out all the kinks the 68 model had   :smilielol:   :nana:   or one would assume    :scratchchin:

This is sound advise. Some people even have to ask me why 3rd gens are better than 2nd gens... :scratchchin:

model maker

OK, Today I went to see the charger again and took 75 pictures of it inside and out, fender tag also. i took some by placing the camera UNDER the dash and letting the flash light things up under there to see what that area looks like.
MODEL MAKER

model maker

MODEL MAKER

teamroth

Well we already had that happen to a few guys here, namely JB, he got it almost as bad as this guy, maybe worse.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

autodynamics

model maker

I think when someone gets caught ripping off buyers, they should be exposed and brought to swift justice and should be made an example of !
MODEL MAKER

Bobs69

Here is a tip.  I'm 35, own a 69 charger for 15 years now, maybe.  I haven't driven one yet, but I haven't felt this passionate about a car since I was in highschool.  Really making me think about what I'm doing with the 69............don't want to make and quick decisions.........anyhow.

model maker

I had 2 chargers in the 1970's . my 68 I had in high school and my 69 a few years later. I am 53 now and really want another charger and although back in the 70's they were a dime a dozen and so easy to come by i regret not keeping one of mine, as they say, " if I would have known" :shruggy:
MODEL MAKER

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Dodge Don

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on January 07, 2009, 12:26:47 PM
By 1969 they worked out all the kinks the 68 model had   :smilielol:   :nana:   or one would assume    :scratchchin:

And by 70 they perfected it.

BB1

Alright I see what's going on...

BUY the NEW 1968 Dodge Charger, #1 for 2 gens
Delete my profile

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

model maker

I have been looking at this 69 and took a lot of pictures. I held the camera up behing the dash on the drivers side and let the flash light it up and saw RUSTY metal. maybe the windshield leaked OR leaks. I took pics of the VIN # & fender tag. I need to send these to someone here who can then post them for me. I tried and they will not post from my end.
MODEL MAKER

gtx6970

2 things,
don't buy rust
buy the best car you can afford if your looking for turnkey or the most complete project you can afford.
and most of all, try to NOT buy anything without looking at if first

And as far as how to insure they seller is telling the truth?????? , you can't.
you'll  have to trust your own judgement on this .

426HemiCharger

------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

model maker

Sounds like those 2 you mentioned have misrepresented their stuff or just ripped off trusting people who saved a long time to get the car of their dreams. What action has been taken against them ? Thanks for the heads up, people who do this kind of stuff need to be stopped.
MODEL MAKER

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: moparstuart on January 23, 2009, 01:55:12 PM
Quote from: BB1 on January 23, 2009, 01:40:31 PM
Alright I see what's going on...

BUY the NEW 1968 Dodge Charger, #1 for 2 gens
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  yes 68

very good. look so much tougher when going pro street route       :2thumbs:

Dans 68

Here are the photos Model Maker sent me for re-sizing....

Set 1
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259