News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 1968 Charger transformation project into a GL

Started by nelson_audet, January 06, 2009, 10:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captnsim

Quote from: General_01 on February 08, 2009, 12:51:47 PM
If you look at most cars, that is what is done. The core supports are painted black on the side facing the grill, but the top of the core support and the engine bay are body color. That is why I said it would be true if you didn't run a radiator. The radiator and everything in front is usually painted black.
:2thumbs: Cool I wasn't sure what you was talking about before...What I meant initially was some guys paint the core support body color on both sides never painting the lower front black...so on each side of the radiator thru the grill you can see a bit of color. Which I think takes away from the grill...Just my  :Twocents:

General_01

Quote from: captnsim on February 08, 2009, 01:37:07 PM
Quote from: General_01 on February 08, 2009, 12:51:47 PM
If you look at most cars, that is what is done. The core supports are painted black on the side facing the grill, but the top of the core support and the engine bay are body color. That is why I said it would be true if you didn't run a radiator. The radiator and everything in front is usually painted black.
:2thumbs: Cool I wasn't sure what you was talking about before...What I meant initially was some guys paint the core support body color on both sides never painting the lower front black...so on each side of the radiator thru the grill you can see a bit of color. Which I think takes away from the grill...Just my  :Twocents:

I agree. It does take away from the grill if you see body color.  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

inedbleacrn9

nelson_audet

69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

MoparManJim

Quote from: Khyron on February 07, 2009, 07:44:22 PM
heheh also Aluminum radiators how off well threw the grill too :lol:

*NOTE* this is the old hood i ran before the strip and DMCL stuff was done ;)

You know, I like your car alot man, but one thing that puzzles me is if you went threw all that work to make a DMCL replica. Why did you go with that black hood for? it throws the car off and doesn't look right for a DMCL car. 

69bronzeT5

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 15, 2009, 07:42:53 PM

You know, I like your car alot man, but one thing that puzzles me is if you went threw all that work to make a DMCL replica. Why did you go with that black hood for? it throws the car off and doesn't look right for a DMCL car. 

Jim, he has two hoods for the car. That 6 pack hood and the factory colour matched hood.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

General_01

Jim, sometimes you need to just sit back and read things 6-7 times before you respond. If you read it, he says that this was the hood on the car BEFORE he did the DMCL replica. ::)
496 stroker
4-speed

MoparManJim

Quote from: General_01 on February 15, 2009, 08:00:38 PM

Jim, sometimes you need to just sit back and read things 6-7 times before you respond. If you read it, he says that this was the hood on the car BEFORE he did the DMCL replica. ::)

Well if you notice, I was talking about the one in the dang photo he posted.  ::) 

I know he has another hood, but he has the black on the car though which is what I commenting on.  :shruggy:

General_01

Yes Jim, we know you just look at pictures and comment. That is why I told you to READ things BEFORE commenting. Notice the portion highlighted in red. ::)
496 stroker
4-speed

MoparManJim

Quote from: General_01 on February 15, 2009, 08:28:52 PM

Yes Jim, we know you just look at pictures and comment. That is why I told you to READ things BEFORE commenting. Notice the portion highlighted in red. ::)

Well, he had the DMCL stuff done and the hood was still on the car along with the strip. Go back and find his thread on him building his car and relook at the photos in that up to the end part of the thread.  ;) 

If he change it, then I must have mist the photos of the green/yellow one on the car that he posted. 

Like said, I like his car but the hood throws the car off though. 

Nelson, I'm sorry I hi-jack this thread of yours man. 

How long more to the decals goes on your car? 

nelson_audet

decal will be install tomorow!!! i am so excited:)

autodynamics

nelson_audet

autodynamics

nelson_audet

skip68

:2thumbs: :cheers:   Sweet.  How cool is that !  looks great.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

done a real nice Job  :yesnod:  good work  :2thumbs:   
did look good to me in blue though with white top , interior :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69*F5*SE

Well, you set out to do it and you did it very well.  Nice job.   :yesnod:  Ted

jaak

Alain426

nelson_audet

MoparManJim

All I'm going to say is I like the blue version better. 

I wouldn't have did what he did to that car (I don't belive I just said that as I'm a General Lee fan myself). That car was to nice before.  :shruggy:

nelson_audet

now the car is in bether condition than when it was blue... do not forget.. in picture almost all car look like to be new... when a car is ugly in pic, the car is a real junk. when my charger was blue, the body was in worst condition than now...all the trouble with the body is now repair.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

captnsim