News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 1968 Charger transformation project into a GL

Started by nelson_audet, January 06, 2009, 10:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

I say go for it! It will be alot of fun. I have a 70 Charger done up GL style. Still working on the motor. The only place I see alot of them are on ebay. I live in the Phoenix metro area and have seen only one at a car show about 3 weeks ago lived here 20+ years. So go have some fun, its only a paint job.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

moparstuart

I think if he was messing up a plain jane 69 people wouldnt be so upset. But he's butchering a 68 the best year so it's upsetting people  :smilielol: :smilielol: :poke: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jdiesel33

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

drifter69

The important thing is he is taking the time to restore the car, who cares what color it is! This will help preserve this car into the future. Then when he sells it to someone with a dream of owning a blue 68 R/T clone,they will have a good car to start with. :Twocents:

nelson_audet

thanks a lot guy for all your positive comment!

It is now official, next monday the car will receive the traditional corvette orange flame color:)
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

skip68

:2thumbs:   I do think it's funny when I hear there is too many General Lee's out there.  :smilielol: :rofl:  I've only seen maybe 5 or 6 out in public in my life. "( not counting car shows )"   :shruggy:  It's your car so have fun brother.   :2thumbs:  Just so you know, expect lots of attention and try not to spend too much on paint.  :rotz:  Like I tell everyone, "this car will get touched, leaned on and even sat on for pictures."    Chuck...................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: moparstuart on January 06, 2009, 02:37:25 PM
I think if he was messing up a plain jane 69 people wouldnt be so upset. But he's butchering a 68 the best year so it's upsetting people  :smilielol: :smilielol: :poke: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

That must be a typo it should read 70 is the best Year  :icon_smile_blackeye:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Mike DC

A 1968 is essentially as TV-correct as a 1969 car. 

About half of all the real GLs (including 1 out of the 2 close-up cars) were 1968s with nothing more than the grille centers & taillights changed over.  Eventually they even changed a few things on the 1969 cars to match better with the 1968s.

jb666

Quote from: CB on January 06, 2009, 02:00:57 PM
I think I can't deal with all the attention when I would transform my 69 into a Lee.
Just sitting next to Chuck in his Lee cruising thru town proved it.  :o :o

Enjoy every moment with your Charger and good luck with the 'paparazzi'  :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

I agree!!  The first ride I took in my GL I thought the car was on fire or something.. People yelling, waving, beeping, taking pictures..  I don't think I like that type of attention, but oh well, it's a bit late to think about that...

I'm with the rest, do it however YOU want!!

I live in a highly populated area with a TON of car shows all summer long.. There's one GL from Cape Cod to Boston. I've never seen any others around, and I love seeing it out there!  :cheers:

69bronzeT5

I don't want to put a damper on your dream or anything but why didn't you just find a '69 that was all done and just needing paint instead of the restored '68? I'm just kinda curious :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BB1

Hpag??  :smilielol:
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 06, 2009, 06:32:20 PM
I don't want to put a damper on your dream or anything but why didn't you just find a '69 that was all done and just needing paint instead of the restored '68? I'm just kinda curious :shruggy:

Talk to jb666 he bought one professionally restored.  ::)
Delete my profile

jb666

Quote from: BB1 on January 06, 2009, 06:38:33 PM

I sure did!!!

vancamp

thats just cold hearted :smilielol:

jb666

Quote from: vancamp on January 06, 2009, 06:43:40 PM

thats just cold hearted :smilielol:

Nahhhhhhhhh.. It's all in good fun! I know what I did.. I saw the bright Orange paint. The flag. The big 01.. And that puppy was mine!!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nelson_audet

in quebec 69 charger is extremely hard to find and the price are  too crazy.. compare to a 68...

MoparManJim

I still don't know why he took a nice car loke it was and did that to it. I would have sold that car, and found a good running charger and went that way. Don't get me wrong, I like chargers to General's, but why in tarnations take a nice looking car like that and turn it into a General Lee? I know living a dream.I even ak him this over on the othe rboard as while and got "it's my dream" kinda. The car was beauteful before right down to the interior..I know it's his car and he can do what ever he wants with it. 

bill440rt

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 06, 2009, 09:15:29 PM
I still don't know why he took a nice car loke it was and did that to it. I would have sold that car, and found a good running charger and went that way. Don't get me wrong, I like chargers to General's, but why in tarnations take a nice looking car like that and turn it into a General Lee? I know living a dream.I even ak him this over on the othe rboard as while and got "it's my dream" kinda. The car was beauteful before right down to the interior..I know it's his car and he can do what ever he wants with it. 

:iagree:
Sorry, I gotta agree with MoparManJim on this one. That was a nice looking car, there. I have nothing against General's so please don't take that the wrong way. It's just that the car was pretty sharp the way it was.

And please, for the sake of all that is Charger, PLEASE tell me that it isn't an original R/T car!!  :badidea:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

nelson_audet

Quote from: bill440rt on January 06, 2009, 09:40:05 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on January 06, 2009, 09:15:29 PM

:iagree:
Sorry, I gotta agree with MoparManJim on this one. That was a nice looking car, there. I have nothing against General's so please don't take that the wrong way. It's just that the car was pretty sharp the way it was.

And please, for the sake of all that is Charger, PLEASE tell me that it isn't an original R/T car!!  :badidea:

yep it is a real RT hemi car LOL it is a joke.. it is a regular 383 2BBL charger :)

Joshua

Preach it brotha....... :notworthy:

BB1

A-men!!!

I'm catching what your dropping.
Quote from: Joshua on January 07, 2009, 12:31:44 PM

Preach it brotha....... :notworthy:
Delete my profile

NorwayCharger

Personally i have never liked the GL stuff, never understood the fuss.
I know the TV series and the movie, but :shruggy:
Hate the fact that they destroyed a lot of Chargers.
Think they look childish...
On the other side "DO WHAT YOU WANT" it is your dream and your car :cheers:
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

Back N Black

Quote from: nelson_audet on January 06, 2009, 09:11:24 PM

in quebec 69 charger is extremely hard to find and the price are  too crazy.. compare to a 68...

Nelson, where are you located in Quebec? I know a guy in Shawville Quebec that has 2 barns full of Mopars. He has four 69 Chargers. Two are turn key General Lee's that are For Sale. Also has a 68 Charger.

Leonidas Rex

With all due respect, the car looked fantastic as it was. I guess we all have dreams to fulfill and we live with them or without them.

Good luck on the build.