News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 1968 Charger transformation project into a GL

Started by nelson_audet, January 06, 2009, 10:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelson_audet

this is a picture of my charger when i bought it in june 2008. I have purchased it in the goal to make a tribute to the GL. Now a couple picture of the project for you. The project will be done in arround 1 month .

69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

jdiesel33

Hope you do this one up right because it was Beautiful before!!!!
I do love GL's though. Good luck.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

BB1

Delete my profile

nelson_audet

a childhood dream to own a lee, and it is important in life.. realize childhood dream.....

yep beautifull before in picture, but many problem with the body when you start to work on the car... rust etc..... now the paint will be right!

nelson_audet

Quote from: BB1 on January 06, 2009, 10:23:10 AM
Wrong year.  :shruggy:

for now i keep it as 68. but i will probably modify the charger in a 69 in the next few years.

jdiesel33

1968 Dodge Charger R/T

skip68

:2thumbs:  Where did you get the push bar from ?   :2thumbs:   Chuck...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

nelson_audet

from travis bell on ebay. But i have re-do the paint job... when i have received the bar it was satin to gloss black... i have painted it in flat black!

skip68

:2thumbs:   Thank's.  I did mine in flat black as well but got mine from another member here.  I'd like to see it on the car to see how it looks.  :yesnod:  I might want to get that one.  :shruggy: What does he charge for them ?   Thank's,  Chuck.........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

nelson_audet

skip68

nelson_audet

hum i think 225$ or 250$ i am not sure... i have purchased it since 3 to 4 month....

skip68

Cool  :2thumbs:  I can't wait to see the finished product.  :2thumbs:

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Hemidog

Wow, behind that beautiful white vinyl roof, there's that much rust?!  :o

nelson_audet

surface rust yes.... a copuple of mini hole....

69bronzeT5

Should look cool. :2thumbs: IMO though, that car was way too nice to make into a GL (sorry GL guys)....there are too many out there. Your car looked amazing :drool5:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

nelson_audet

i dont realy love the white roof... and the blue..for original charger i prefer earth color like bronze green black etc....

Back N Black

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 06, 2009, 12:31:57 PM
Should look cool. :2thumbs: IMO though, that car was way too nice to make into a GL (sorry GL guys)....there are too many out there. Your car looked amazing :drool5:

I'm with Cody on this one.

69*F5*SE

Restore and repaint it but not into a GL.  It's a 68 anyway.  Don't get me wrong, I like the GL but, there's just so many of them.   Not trying to burst your bubble, just shedding some light.   :shruggy:   Ted

nelson_audet

where i live.. not many GL... around 10 in all the quebec province..... anyway its a dream and i will do my dream:)

ut i understand you prefer it in stock charger...

jdiesel33

Dang. I'll bet you werent expecting all of this opposition when you posted this were you?

I say do what you want. If you want a GL, go for it and make it the best GL you can.  Everyone keeps saying there are a lot of GL's out there and I guess there are in existence, but in everyday life? I live in Dallas which is a very large city and has multiple large suburbs. I travel around the metroplex a lot and every since I can remember, I've only seen 2 Chargers out and about and one was at a car show. And I have definitely not seen any GL's out. It's not like there is one on every street or every neighborhood. You will still have one of if not the most unique ride in your city or neighborhood most likely.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: jdiesel33 on January 06, 2009, 01:50:56 PM
Dang. I'll bet you werent expecting all of this opposition when you posted this were you?

I say do what you want. If you want a GL, go for it and make it the best GL you can.  Everyone keeps saying there are a lot of GL's out there and I guess there are in existence, but in everyday life? I live in Dallas which is a very large city and has multiple large suburbs. I travel around the metroplex a lot and every since I can remember, I've only seen 2 Chargers out and about and one was at a car show. And I have definitely not seen any GL's out. It's not like there is one on every street or every neighborhood. You will still have one of if not the most unique ride in your city or neighborhood most likely.

:iagree:  Yep, paint it whatever color you want..  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

CB

I think I can't deal with all the attention when I would transform my 69 into a Lee.
Just sitting next to Chuck in his Lee cruising thru town proved it.  :o :o

Enjoy every moment with your Charger and good luck with the 'paparazzi'  :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

sunroofblacklee

That's why you have to paint them black, it won't stick out as much :icon_smile_wink:.
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black