News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 1968 Charger transformation project into a GL

Started by nelson_audet, January 06, 2009, 10:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelson_audet

first pic of the paint... next week the car will all orange

69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

69*F5*SE

Looks like you're doing a real fine job on the car. Even though I was on the opposing side of the the idea originally, I think you'll be a happy camper when it's done and that's alright by me.  Good work.  :2thumbs:   Ted

Bob

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 13, 2009, 04:41:07 PM

Guys, how many times do we tell people, "Buy the nicest car you can afford to START WITH, don't try to fix a disassembled rust bucket!" 

Well, that's what Nelsen Audet did, and now you guys are saying it would have been better to use a project car.  Anyone who thinks he would have bought the 1968 if he had access to any 1969s that would have been the same amount of costs/effort invested, raise your hand. 

----------------------------------------------------------

The simple fact is he probably found a better deal on a 1968 Charger in his desired condition & price than he could get on a 1969 car.  Other people can say he should hold out for the '69, but other people are not the ones waiting years and taking on thousands of dollars more work for their project over it. 

1969 cars are in more demand than 1968 cars (or 1970 cars) these days.  I'm not dissing 1968s, but that's a simple fact. 

Therefore, the plain old market forces dictate that at least a few 68s are gonna be converted.  Big deal. 

:Twocents: :iagree: :paintingpink:

Most will not admit they are closet GL lovers.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

nelson_audet

corvette orange flame 1975 GM code 70.....

it look different on picture .. the light is important for the shade of this orange.. this color can look like red and orange also héhéh but in real it is a beautifull general lee orange car!!:)

skip68

Looking good Nelson.   :2thumbs:   You've got to be getting excited about now.   :yesnod:  Once it starts turning orange, the smile gets bigger.  :icon_smile_big:  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

nelson_audet

yes my smile is biggggg

i check these picture since yesterday héhéhé

autodynamics

imo your doing it right.... finding a good donor car so your work is limited.... but the car was nice before also... are you going to change the rear panel to a 69? and the grill?

mikepmcs

Quote from: nelson_audet on January 16, 2009, 01:14:48 PM
corvette orange flame 1975 GM code 70.....

it look different on picture .. the light is important for the shade of this orange.. this color can look like red and orange also héhéh but in real it is a beautifull general lee orange car!!:)

Oh I agree, it looks great in the pictures.  I was just curious to what orange you chose.  :2thumbs:

Keep those pictures coming. :icon_smile_big:

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

nelson_audet

hi
my body man have start to paint the car tonight but after painted the car 2 times with base it is not enough for hide the primer... so i have these picture now and he will finish the paint on monday

Charger-Bodie

Yee Haw!! You'll be jumpin' Beaver Creek Gultch before ya know it.....

Tell Cooter to get on it I want to see pics!  :D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

Nelson,
Where are the quarter panel extensions?  I haven't seen them in any of the pics except for the first one when the car was still together and blue.
Don't want them to get left out.

nelson_audet

mikepmcs

nelson_audet

69*F5*SE

68coronetGLwannabe

That's coming along nicely.  :drool5: Cant wait to see pics when its finished. Are you doing sticker or painting all the GL stuff on it?  :2thumbs:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

nelson_audet

mikepmcs

Where did you get the decal kit, what vendor?  Do you need any assistance on where to put the decals measurement wise? :popcrn:

Looks great by the way!

mopar0166

I always ask every one what color they picked?  im not at paint yet but its coming very quickly.

Back N Black

nelson_audet

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 27, 2009, 06:44:09 AM
Where did you get the decal kit, what vendor?  Do you need any assistance on where to put the decals measurement wise? :popcrn:

Looks great by the way!

1 of my friend work on decal.. he have a shop... so he have created the  movie decal... he sell this kit on ebay.. and i have asked to him to produe the LEE 1 decal kit.. based on the many picture i have from LEE1... he made it....i think i can sell decal kit of lee 1.....

autodynamics

nelson_audet

at 9 o clock tonight i go to the body shop.. i will put the 14 inch vector wheel on the general and took more picture...

nelson_audet