News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 1968 Charger transformation project into a GL

Started by nelson_audet, January 06, 2009, 10:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT01

You should of went ahead and filled in the side marker lights while you was doing the body work. I had mine filled in on my 69 and it looks awsome most Generals was done this way especially the later season cars. Where did you get your decals at

nelson_audet

69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

472 R/T SE

Good call leaving that dome light out.  According to BK Auto a person could get a nasty sunburn from one.  ;)

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TripleBlackGator

Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

jaak

autodynamics

nelson_audet

héhé

picture outside of the garage in the quebec snow will be post probably in approximatly 2 weeks

mopar0166

Looks great, im about a month behind ya  hhahaha,   hope mine looks as good as yours!   

nelson_audet

nelson_audet

autodynamics

teamroth

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on February 22, 2009, 09:58:39 PM
Poor car.
That's nice dude, way to support a fellow Mopar brother.

Car looks great Nelson!
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

nelson_audet

thanks you guys.

i have not take picture of the under hood.... i will finish the car this week end and i will take many picture i willl try to take some shoot of the engine compartment!

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

autodynamics

is the roll bar exhaust tubing? or the real deal. i wanna put a dukes hoop in mine soon... but its gotta be functional.. love the turn out so far. when are you gonna jump it...lol :smilielol:

nelson_audet

it is a exhaust tubbing... made by chargerhunter on the cglfc.com

Mike DC

Technically, the 100% exact appearance of the closeup-car rollbars can't be done in correct rollbar tubing. 

The TV cars mostly got 2" OD tubing with short-radius crush bends.  That's impractical with real rollbar tubing and modern tools. 

bigcountry

Looks great man!!  Good Job.

I just wanted to comment on the black paint in the engine bay as a General Lee fan.  The car, when originally purchased by the Duke boys was a black 1969 Charger R/T.  The GL transformation from black, to the orange that we all know, was done in a short time by Cooter. No time to do undercarriage and engine bay.  It was scuffed, jammed and painted.  This is why the GL supposedly has a black engine bay, undercarriage, trunk, etc. :Twocents:
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

Mike DC

Chew on this one: 

Luke was shown welding the doors shut before the orange paint was even chosen.  So does that mean that a GL should really always have black doorjambs too?  Hmm  .  .  .

bigcountry

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 06, 2009, 08:33:58 PM

Chew on this one: 

Luke was shown welding the doors shut before the orange paint was even chosen.  So does that mean that a GL should really always have black doorjambs too?  Hmm  .  .  .

I guess we'll never know since they are welded shut. :shruggy:
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

MoparManJim

Quote from: bigcountry on March 06, 2009, 08:51:51 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 06, 2009, 08:33:58 PM

Chew on this one: 

I guess we'll never know since they are welded shut. :shruggy:

I would say yes, because when the bad guys had the door open just before they was caught. You can see the door jam kinda. And like mention about Luke and the door. It was shut before the car was painted.. so only a small amount of paint mist would have flow up in the area as the spray gun past back and fourth. So there would be a orange mist line in that area.  :shruggy:

jb666

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 22, 2009, 08:32:52 PM
Good call leaving that dome light out.  According to BK Auto a person could get a nasty sunburn from one.  ;)
:rofl:

Nelson, the car's looking awesome!!  :cheers:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Matthan