News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

did all 69 charger come with the peice that goes around the headlights?

Started by sunroofblacklee, January 05, 2009, 04:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunroofblacklee

I was looking at my brother 68 charger r/t and I noticed something that I've never noticed before. I opened one of the headlight doors and saw a panel that went around the head lights to give it a finished off grill look. Did all chargers come with these, if so my 69 missing them.  Do they reproduce these peices because I think it makes it look alot better with the head light doors open. Thanks for any help.
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: sunroofblacklee on January 05, 2009, 04:43:40 PM
I was looking at my brother 68 charger r/t and I noticed something that I've never noticed before. I opened one of the headlight doors and saw a panel that went around the head lights to give it a finished off grill look. Did all chargers come with these, if so my 69 missing them.  Do they reproduce these peices because I think it makes it look alot better with the head light doors open. Thanks for any help.

See this thread.....'68 only piece

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52073.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

suntech

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

69*F5*SE

They came on my 69 when I got it.  I'm glad I don't have to search for a set.  I really like them when the headlight doors are open.

oestermarken

69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

suntech

Tan Top told me where to get them.  :D :D
Tonyparts.  They had one set, used.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69_500

Wow, Rob can't believe someone is going to pay that much for those. Who knew right?

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

terrible one

Quote from: 69_500 on January 05, 2009, 07:43:33 PM
Wow, Rob can't believe someone is going to pay that much for those. Who knew right?

I've seen them go for even more than that!

. . . I guess that's why my '68 doesn't have any haha

Just 6T9 CHGR

I've sold a few sets for double that a few years ago....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Hemidoug

I have a set on my 69 as well...ironically the holes for the screws are there in the headlight buckets on 69 fenders from the factory....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

1969chargerrtse

Oh I knew I would here from you.  :icon_smile_big:  Thanks for all your help and parts.  This money is going towards my 2,000.00 dash restoration.  I hate to part with parts, but money is tight.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Troy

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on January 05, 2009, 08:41:14 PM
Do these fit the '70?
Not that I know of.

I only have 5 or 6 sets of them. Of course, all my cars need them too.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

sunroofblacklee

Cool thanks for the info, maybe I can take the ones off my brother's car and he wont notice, that is untill he flips up the head light cover :scratchchin:. This would be a nice repro part to make, hint, hint...

moparjohn

Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

terrible one

Quote from: sunroofblacklee on January 06, 2009, 08:11:25 AM
Cool thanks for the info, maybe I can take the ones off my brother's car and he wont notice, that is untill he flips up the head light cover :scratchchin:. This would be a nice repro part to make, hint, hint...

I'm surprised PG Classics hasn't jumped on this yet, considering all of the plastic and other parts they reproduce. Maybe someone should contact them asking?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: terrible one on January 06, 2009, 03:32:54 PM
Quote from: sunroofblacklee on January 06, 2009, 08:11:25 AM

I'm surprised PG Classics hasn't jumped on this yet, considering all of the plastic and other parts they reproduce. Maybe someone should contact them asking?
I'm sure Mike of BE&A is very aware of it and will probably respond as he is a member here.

UFO

Quote from: moparjohn on January 06, 2009, 03:31:01 PM
Does anyone have an example of screws used to attach them.

Yup 2 1/2 inches end to end

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

UFO

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 06, 2009, 07:38:46 PM
Quote from: UFO on January 06, 2009, 07:10:36 PM
Quote from: moparjohn on January 06, 2009, 03:31:01 PM
Does anyone have an example of screws used to attach them.

Yup 2 1/2 inches end to end

damn Brian you have a pic of EVERYTHING!! :thumbs:

LOL I just happened to know what drawer the parts were in.

69_500

Just had to give ya a hard time for selling those. Its all good though, it helped me clean out some attic space, and we both know I had no use for them. I had way too much grille pieces/whole set ups laying around anyways.

sunroofblacklee

Quote from: 69_500 on January 06, 2009, 08:24:08 PM
Just had to give ya a hard time for selling those. Its all good though, it helped me clean out some attic space, and we both know I had no use for them. I had way too much grille pieces/whole set ups laying around anyways.

You have any more, I swear I'll use them :lol:.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on January 06, 2009, 08:24:08 PM
I thought you'd be ok with it. I would like to have them for my car but I need to dig up money anywhere I can. Tonight I'm going to hit my 5 yr olds toys he got for Christmas and see what I can return to Walmart. Oh any member that buys them on eBay from me, free shipping. Just trying to take care of the members if I can. 

69_500

Have no problem with it at all. And I'm sure you wife will be as happy as mine was to see them leave the house. :)

sunroofsuperbird

Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

nakita7

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 05, 2009, 04:45:44 PM
Quote from: sunroofblacklee on January 05, 2009, 04:43:40 PM

See this thread.....'68 only piece

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52073.0.html

I was positive they were 68 only. I've had 3 68's, they all had them, and I've had 3 69's (R/T, RTSE, and plain vanilla) and not one of them had them, and I owned these cars 20 years ago.

sunroofsuperbird

My Set is still on Ebay and at a Quarter of the price of most the others. and they are perfect with the screws also :yesnod: . my other grille parts also. seller sixpak71.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon