News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what I found

Started by Bob, January 05, 2009, 11:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

While squirrel hunting I came across a 4 point deer skull and thought "Gun Rack". Mounted them to my mantle and parked the old 12 gage there.

BB1

Delete my profile

vancamp

Cool idea, I guess I could use my 10 point that I got this year with my bow to hold at least a few guns :D

Bob

Quote from: vancamp on January 05, 2009, 01:18:18 PM
Cool idea, I guess I could use my 10 point that I got this year with my bow to hold at least a few guns :D

Go ahead and rub it in. I got nothing.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

quapman

Is that thar one a dem dar squirellie raifles?

400/6/PAC

Dans 68

Quote from: Bob on January 05, 2009, 02:12:11 PM
Quote from: vancamp on January 05, 2009, 01:18:18 PM

Go ahead and rub it in. I got nothing.

Hah! Likewise.... :'(

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

vancamp

can you post pics here? over on moparts they dont want dead deer pics unless hes already mounted over the mantle.

Dans 68

Quote from: vancamp on January 05, 2009, 09:12:59 PM
can you post pics here? over on moparts they don't want dead deer pics unless hes already mounted over the mantle.

Not to usurp the mod's, but I would think that a "benign" looking carcass would be all right. If you would show it to your 6 year old then it should be fine.  :icon_smile_big: Or in my case my Disney loving 8-year old.  :P

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

vancamp

if its too much let me know and i will remove it or mods can. ignore the fact that we both have the deer in the headlights look :lol: and I caught a tree limb right by my eye going thru the brush to get him.

Dans 68

Nice buck! What was the distance when you let fly?  :scratchchin:

Dan

vancamp

Quote from: Dans 68 on January 05, 2009, 09:46:20 PM
Nice buck! What was the distance when you let fly?  :scratchchin:

Dan
PSE thunderbolt bow at about 35-40 yards

skip68

Poor Bambi!  :'( I hope you at least USE the meat, and not just for a trophy?!?!? :shruggy:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

vancamp

Quote from: skip68 on January 05, 2009, 10:00:10 PM
Poor Bambi!  :'( I hope you at least USE the meat, and not just for a trophy?!?!? :shruggy:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
yes we use the meat I have a tenderloin left off this one, I dont hunt for trophys but if one happens to come out I will take one.

skip68

:2thumbs:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

BTW: I had a roommate years, and years, ago that was given a tenderlion of venison. It was frozen so he left it on the dining room table over night.................................well, at the time I had two young kittens,.........................when I woke up the next morning,  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!!!! THE WALLS, THE FLOOR, SOAKED THROUGH THE TABLECLOTH, PAW PRINTS OF BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!!  :o :o :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :flame: :brickwall: I was soooo mad! We found out that the "hunter" apparently didn't hang the deer properly, and that's why it bled so much!  :eek2:  :shruggy: :slap:

Oh well, the kitties had fun!  :yesnod: :rotz: :icon_smile_tongue:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

vancamp

Quote from: skip68 on January 05, 2009, 10:12:39 PM
:2thumbs:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

BTW: I had a roommate years, and years, ago that was given a tenderlion of venison. It was frozen so he left it on the dining room table over night.................................well, at the time I had two young kittens,.........................when I woke up the next morning,  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!!!! THE WALLS, THE FLOOR, SOAKED THROUGH THE TABLECLOTH, PAW PRINTS OF BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!!  :o :o :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :flame: :brickwall: I was soooo mad! We found out that the "hunter" apparently didn't hang the deer properly, and that's why it bled so much!  :eek2:  :shruggy: :slap:

Oh well, the kitties had fun!  :yesnod: :rotz: :icon_smile_tongue:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
I soak mine for about 5-6 days in a ice chest with water and ice all blood is gone and helps get rid of some of the wild gamey taste.

skip68

" That must be a big ass ice chest!"  :smilielol: :smilielol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

Bob

Quote from: vancamp on January 05, 2009, 09:32:26 PM
if its too much let me know and i will remove it or mods can. ignore the fact that we both have the deer in the headlights look :lol: and I caught a tree limb right by my eye going thru the brush to get him.

That is a beautiful buck. Congratulations.

Bob

Quote from: quapman on January 05, 2009, 07:35:31 PM
Is that thar one a dem dar squirellie raifles?

Yepper, shotem dead from 15 yards. 4 point sguirllies are rare in these there parts. Ma said the head cheese will be done in a week er two.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: vancamp on January 05, 2009, 09:12:59 PM
can you post pics here? over on moparts they dont want dead deer pics unless hes already mounted over the mantle.
WTH?? :rotz: :down:
That makes reason #188 why that site's lame. :eek2:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

vancamp

heres the mount just got it back today

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

MoparSam

Looks good! Where did you find such a buck at?  In North Carolina ones like that are only seen in headlights, on freezing cold days and everywhere I ain't.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

vancamp

Quote from: MoparSam on January 12, 2009, 07:56:46 AM
Looks good! Where did you find such a buck at?  In North Carolina ones like that are only seen in headlights, on freezing cold days and everywhere I ain't.
I took him with a bow opening day in the podunk little town I live in, in southwest Arkansas

Bob

Vancamp, I can't wait to bag one like that.
Bob

vancamp

Quote from: Bob on January 14, 2009, 07:16:02 AM
Vancamp, I can't wait to bag one like that.
Bob
well this one has a big brother thats a 12 point and taller and at least as wide, we have been trying to catch him on film but so far he has eluded photo.