News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally-one Bird done, one more to go woohoo

Started by oldcarnut, January 04, 2009, 07:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sublime/Sixpack

Doing the work yourself does make a difference, atleast it has for me.    :Twocents:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

472 R/T SE

Sweet ride.  Back in high school I had a guy want to trade his 326 powered Firechicken for my '70 250 /6 Camaro.  I always liked them.  I've actually been looking at verts like yours.

How's the /6 handle the A/C?  Can you really feel the compressor kick in?

oldcarnut

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 06, 2009, 06:20:14 PM
How's the /6 handle the A/C?  Can you really feel the compressor kick in?
So far from when I've used the a/c or defroster, it handles it fine.  I put a 4 core rad. in it and no temp. problems either.  I feel a slight draw at idle when it kicks in but probably because I don't have an idle solenoid switch hooked up to bump it up.  Other than that I can hear it turn on and off at higher rpms but that's the extent of it for anything real noticeable.  It's been around 70 deg lately but when it gets to summer temps and humidity later in the year I'll know for sure.  Seems like a good system and blows out a lot of air. I think I'll get another Vintage Air system for the SB clone, that is whenever that day comes way down the road  ::).

Rolling_Thunder

I6 OHC cam = 230hp

318ci V8 = 230hp...

coincidence ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip