News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I found a possable "M" code super bee ****** Now with pics.******

Started by C_stripes, January 03, 2009, 10:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: WingCharger on January 06, 2009, 07:12:03 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 06, 2009, 07:03:59 PM
If I had the cash, I'd buy it cheap and just store it away for fun :lol:
I'd park it next to run down barn on our other farm chained to a tree with a truck 440 on its side under the overhang just so pictures can surface on the internet. :rofl:

:smilielol:

Then again....I'm turning into Travis :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

WingCharger

Look at the rear end. It is sitting extremely high and out. It looks like either somebody yanked it pretty much out trying to pull the car, or the chains are holding the rear end to the car. :rotz:

And it is really wide? :shruggy:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: WingCharger on January 06, 2009, 07:23:19 PM
Look at the rear end. It is sitting extremely high and out. It looks like either somebody yanked it pretty much out trying to pull the car, or the chains are holding the rear end to the car. :rotz:

And it is really wide? :shruggy:

It looks like it didn't have a rear end so somebody put one there for it to sit on :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C_stripes

Good job Cody.  There is no rear. That is a trailer axle under it.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

hemi-hampton

Didn't the Hemi cars have a Pinion Snubber plate welded to floor. I'd look under it for that. And if your really lucky, The junkyard has all the paperwork saved in a office filing cabinet stating it's a Hemi car :o :o :o :yesnod: :2thumbs: :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

Chad L. Magee

The sixpack registry website has the VINs of known cars, so you could see if it is within the range of VINs (sequence numbers).  If it is far outside the list, that is a good indication that it probably is not an orginal sixpack Superbee.  If it just misses the list, I would be cautious because it could still be a sixpack, just not a known one......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

KS71owner

Quote from: C_stripes on January 03, 2009, 11:39:25 PM
Here are more pics. Then I think I am going to bed. Been a LONG day today.

Anybody know what that top car is? Interesting lines. Also I had to laugh at the last pic - the red Merkur XR4Ti! If you listen to Jim Rome you'll get the joke.

rav440

Quote from: KS71owner on January 06, 2009, 08:32:33 PM
Quote from: C_stripes on January 03, 2009, 11:39:25 PM
Here are more pics. Then I think I am going to bed. Been a LONG day today.

Anybody know what that top car is? Interesting lines. Also I had to laugh at the last pic - the red Merkur XR4Ti! If you listen to Jim Rome you'll get the joke.

it looks like an EXCALIBUR  :shruggy:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TUFCAT

69CoronetRT

Quote from: C_stripes on January 06, 2009, 06:17:16 PM
Are all six pack vins in the registry?
Did 69's have the door sticker?

No
Only the Daytonas

QuoteThe sixpack registry website has the VINs of known cars, so you could see if it is within the range of VINs (sequence numbers).  If it is far outside the list, that is a good indication that it probably is not an orginal sixpack Superbee.

Six pack cars and non six pack car VINs are all mixed together. There is really no range to A12's like there are for other cars like Superbirds. An A12 car could have a VIN anywhere from March to July and it would be mixed in with four doors and station wagons.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Chad L. Magee

69CoronetRT-  You are correct in stating that the whole mix of possible combinations were produced during the time the A12s were in production, so the VIN range on the website is basically a guestimate of all known (registered) A12 VINs.  What I was meaning to express in my previous post is that the website has a listing range for known sixpack cars that can be used to help judge if this one could be an A12 or not.  If the car in question has a sequence number that is far outside of the range, then it is very unlikely that it is a sixpack car.  If it falls within the range, then the car needs to be checked more thoughly for more evidence of it possibly being an A12..... 
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

C_stripes

On a side note.  I have found a REAL 69 1/2 440 six pack engine that is complete air cleaner to oil pan. It is out of a real M code super bee. I will going and getting pics of it on the 31st. I am supposed to sell it for a guy. Everything is there and it has been rebuilt but not reassembled. From what I understand the only thing that it is missing is the cam. Everything els is there and it is a REAL "M" code engine. They are the REAL "M" code carbs and intake and the orig big air filter assembly is there. I am not sure on price yet but I know he's not giving it away. I will be getting all of the numbers and taking tons of pics.  Would any of you be interested?

I am going to be listing more cars for sale soon also. Including:
68 GTX that most of the metal work has been done
70 Challenger R/T clone project with lots of rare parts
70 Road Runner
70 Cuda clone project
2x 69 Coronet 440 2drs
68 Charger
and MANY more.
We also still have the 70 R/T SE V code Challenger for sale for $65k. Runs and drives.

RallyeMike

QuoteI have found a REAL 69 1/2 440 six pack engine that is complete air cleaner to oil pan. It is out of a real M code super bee.

When you get more info on this motor (condition, actual completeness, vin#), drop me a note please.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 07, 2009, 12:00:48 AM
69CoronetRT-  You are correct in stating that the whole mix of possible combinations were produced during the time the A12s were in production, so the VIN range on the website is basically a guestimate of all known (registered) A12 VINs.  What I was meaning to express in my previous post is that the website has a listing range for known sixpack cars that can be used to help judge if this one could be an A12 or not.  If the car in question has a sequence number that is far outside of the range, then it is very unlikely that it is a sixpack car.  If it falls within the range, then the car needs to be checked more thoughly for more evidence of it possibly being an A12..... 

It's already been established this is a late production car via the oval filler neck and radiator support. Therefore it is highly likely that the VIN on this car would fall within the production range of A12 cars

IF

This is even an orignal Super Bee. no VIN = no proof it's even a Super Bee
That it is even from the LR plant. This could be confirmed by any remaining body stamping assuming the panels have not been replaced.

Until those two points can be proven, it is only speculation as to what this is. As there were more WL Deluxe and WH 440 model coupes produced than WM Super Bees, the probablility is higher that it is not even a Super Bee.

Without the VIN or credible history, you'll never know.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

dodgeboyd

Can't help but think "George Barris Kustoms" when I see that old truck with the 60-61 Chrysler headlight bezels and mid-fifties Cadillac rear tail fins. Wonder what it looked like in its day! Just a thought. 

Charger_Fan

Quote from: dodgeboyd on January 07, 2009, 03:55:11 PM
Can't help but think "George Barris Kustoms" when I see that old truck with the 60-61 Chrysler headlight bezels and mid-fifties Cadillac rear tail fins. Wonder what it looked like in its day! Just a thought. 
The Bondo was much more smooth back then. :nana:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

C_stripes

Quote from: dodgeboyd on January 07, 2009, 03:55:11 PM

I was thinking that is would be an awesome truck to have.  Not sure what I would do with it though.

dodgeboyd

If that thing has any ties to Mr. Barris, what do you think its worth now, and even more so at his age, what do you think it will be worth in a few years. As a matter of fact, I can almost remember reading about a pair of custom pickups like that built in the sixties for some movie, and one was wrecked and burned and the other was sold outright. I am close to Dallas, TX and would not drive that far on a hunch, but if someone were close by......who knows? Could be a real piece of history. Again, just a thought!

C_stripes

I tell you what.  I didn't walk threw the whole yard to do time. I had to be back here no later than 8 and it was a long drive.  There were some very interesting cars. He told me he still had a few hundred that were not there. The wierd looking yellow and green crazy looking car had a straight 8 in it. There was tons of cool cars. I would go up there again but I think I would wait till spring. 

Anyone want to go on a field trip??   lol

WingCharger

Quote from: C_stripes on January 07, 2009, 04:39:22 PM
I tell you what.  I didn't walk threw the whole yard to do time. I had to be back here no later than 8 and it was a long drive.  There were some very interesting cars. He told me he still had a few hundred that were not there. The wierd looking yellow and green crazy looking car had a straight 8 in it. There was tons of cool cars. I would go up there again but I think I would wait till spring. 

Anyone want to go on a field trip??   lol
Straight 8's are very rare motors. :yesnod:
The only cars they put them in were European cars. :popcrn:

C_stripes

and old imperials and Cadillacs and a few upper class American cars.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

You'll learn wing.  Well I got to get back to work.   Later all

Jeremy

WingCharger

Quote from: C_stripes on January 07, 2009, 04:44:06 PM
and old imperials and Cadillacs and a few upper class American cars.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

You'll learn wing.  Well I got to get back to work.   Later all

Jeremy
The Imperials had straight 8's?? :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

71bigblock

Dad and Grandpa's '51 Buick had a straight 8 in it.  Dad always said that was the smoothest running engine he's ever heard. 

Then he cut it down to the bare frame and made a jalopy out of it.   :slap:

Got a little off topic, sorry.   :scratchchin:
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO