News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I found a possable "M" code super bee ****** Now with pics.******

Started by C_stripes, January 03, 2009, 10:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Quote from: jerry on January 05, 2009, 02:26:37 PM
Hemigeno, what is a single battery cooling hole?? also look at vin on trunk rail.

I think you already figured that out, but just in case, here's a picture:

hemigeno

Quote from: jerry on January 05, 2009, 02:40:26 PM
left side radiator support on my april build date 69 SIX BBL road runner has 2 holes. A12 cars have same axle bumpers as 383 super bee and road runners.i have seen some 1 hole radiator supports on late late 69 b-bodies.couldn't make out tach hole.

I don't know when the change happened from two to one battery cooling hole, but it was fairly late in the '69 model year.  My Jan/69 St. Louis car has two holes, but the June Daytona has one.

Was your A12 actually built in April, or does it just have the 426 Scheduled Production Date? 

Most of my pictures of April SPD Daytonas don't have a clear shot of the radiator yoke, as that's fairly well obscured by the latch tray, etc.  I did find one of 356529 (427 SPD) with two holes:

jerry

carbs are date coded end of April first week of may. engine may 11, glass April, build date on tag 426.  1 maybe 2 things that look untouched on that car are trunk lip and radiator support.then you have lower control arm spacers.if its a real bee it will have left rear floor exhaust hanger.the 1 hole is a 70 thing just like the k-frame.some very late 69's had the new style radiator supports.i think it was because of grill change and more brackets that this was done.

Magnumcharger

On a different but related note, when I was in Montana last February, I couldn't believe the quantity and quality of good restorable cars just laying around for everybody to see.

Back to the subject: If this is a real Superbee, and it looks like it might bee......I would definitely consider it worthy of restoring.
Likely the frame, floorpans and other panels are solid.
And quarter panels are being reproduced now.

Doors like that are a dime a dozen. 1969 Coronet donor cars are easily found too, and a front clip can be used off of a four-door quite easily.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

C_stripes

But the vin tag and fender tag are both gone.  So there is no way you could register it. Thats why we don't know if it is a real be or not.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

tan top

Quote from: C_stripes on January 06, 2009, 10:45:27 AM
But the vin tag and fender tag are both gone.  So there is no way you could register it. Thats why we don't know if it is a real be or not.

if its got the partial vin on the core support & trunk lip , run it by the  six pack registry ..... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Tilar on January 04, 2009, 03:55:19 PM
This looks like one of the vehicles that funeral homes used to use to carry the flowers.
...or a poster child for Bondo. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69bronzeT5

Quote from: tan top on January 06, 2009, 01:07:18 PM

if its got the partial vin on the core support & trunk lip , run it by the  six pack registry ..... :popcrn:

Exactly.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

WingCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 06, 2009, 02:56:40 PM

Exactly.
:iagree:

PocketThunder

Quote from: WingCharger on January 06, 2009, 02:58:04 PM

Exactly.

:rofl:     :rofl:  You two guys remind me of Laural and Hardy.   :mcride:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

WingCharger

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 06, 2009, 04:03:33 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on January 06, 2009, 02:58:04 PM

Exactly.

:rofl:     :rofl:  You two guys remind me of Laural and Hardy.   :mcride:
You remind me of that weird uncle that shows up at the family reunion every year.  :poke:

WingCharger

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chad L. Magee

I think someone needs to go back and check the car over with a fine tooth comb (for the body numbers) to see if it does match up with being a real A12 car, or possibly a hemi car.  Reguardless, it would be a nice car to bring back to "as raced" condition, rather than showroom, since the numbers are now gone.  It does not suprise me that it is missing the tags being in a junkyard, as a few of the older Kansas junkyards used to pull the tags off when the cars came in, to prevent them from being used on the pubic roads again.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

C_stripes

Are all six pack vins in the registry? I don't know why I didn't think to look. Also.  Did 69's have the door sticker? I didn't think about it at the time. But I could have opened the door. It doesn't even look welded. Like I said.  I was in a hurry. I would not have even stopped except I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I don't know what I was thinking.   

69bronzeT5

WingCharger

Quote from: C_stripes on January 06, 2009, 06:17:16 PM
Are all six pack vins in the registry? I don't know why I didn't think to look. Also.  Did 69's have the door sticker? I didn't think about it at the time. But I could have opened the door. It doesn't even look welded. Like I said.  I was in a hurry. I would not have even stopped except I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I don't know what I was thinking.   
Nope. In fact, when the A12's went to race, Chrysler couldn't come up with a list of shipped cars. They had trouble legally racing. :icon_smile_blackeye:

C_stripes

So other than if someone Else has used the vin and put it on another car would looking on the six pack registry help you get the car titled?   

See.  That's what I was saying about even if it is a real M code car, it is all but useless.  You can't get it titled as one. The DMV wont reissue you a vin number that is the same as the factory. So your SOL!!!   

You two youngens trying to out smart me.   HA!      lol

WingCharger

Quote from: C_stripes on January 06, 2009, 06:51:28 PM
So other than if someone els has used the vin and put it on another car would looking on the six pack registry help you get the car titled?   

See.  Thats what I was saying about even if it is a real M code car, it is all but usless.  You can't get it titled as one. The DMV wont re-issue you a vin number that is the same as the factory. So your SOL!!!   

You two youngens trying to out smart me.   HA!      lol
Well, if that person had the vin, you could probably get something legal going to get the back.

C_stripes

It would probably stir up to much. Whats to say that they didn't restamp their core support and trunk lip. Plus. I doubt that the vin tag even still exists. The car was obviously stripped along time ago. The whole dash was taken out to be a race car.  The fender tag does look more recent as both screws got put back in. 

69bronzeT5

If I had the cash, I'd buy it cheap and just store it away for fun :lol:

WingCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 06, 2009, 07:03:59 PM
If I had the cash, I'd buy it cheap and just store it away for fun :lol:
I'd park it next to run down barn on our other farm chained to a tree with a truck 440 on its side under the overhang just so pictures can surface on the internet. :rofl: