News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

500hp_440

Quote from: moparnole on January 30, 2009, 09:02:13 PM
I think we should all calm down, and take a deep breath.....
Were all about as calm as we can get mate! :cheers:
Quote from: Foreman72 on January 30, 2009, 08:59:38 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 30, 2009, 10:46:44 AM
Quote from: The70RT on January 30, 2009, 10:33:46 AM
Restaurant's are a good way to meet a lot of women :yesnod:

Thats what i was thinking, but with women, comes another draw for your hard earned cash..   :yesnod:

i'm tellin u ryan restaurants r the place 2 be :lol:

I'm already in debt, do I really need to have to pay child support too? :shruggy:  :lol: Thats not funny, bad joke, don't take it serious!!
The only thing I would do it valla (however it's spelled) I can drive anything under the sun, except semis and other heavy equipment, least not yet.....
Let it alone^.

The70RT

500hp_440

**Update**
Painted the disc brakes today with engine enamel, which is what I was told to use, everything is black axceot the calipers are the engine orange, didn't have enough black and it adds piz-as.
Oh yeah how can I get spray paint off my asphault drive way? There's not alot but enough to piss off my dad, I think brake cleaner and a pressure washer :shruggy:
But I have no idea how it go on there :angel: I would never paint anything on my driveway :naughty:
Let it alone^.

FLG

Concrete cleaner oughta do it, or just wait awhile and it will eventually wear off.

500hp_440

I have another question, I need a new phone, I smashed the screen of mine, whoops, I can only read half the screen, which is anoying sometimes.
I have verizon which has very crappy customer service but good service, I have a $50 discount because my contract is up :D, I was looking at the blackberry storm but I think I'll break it, which would suck and I can only do it 2 times a year, I also liked the military phone, they had a guy run his over with his dually and it still worked, and it water proof! But its $250 and the storm is $200 (not counting my discount) any suggestions? I know I wont use everything on the storm but I wont use eveything on most phones.
Let it alone^.

TUFCAT

THIS probablty isn't the place to talk about new phones.  Start a new thread in off topic.  :2thumbs:

mikepmcs

No way, leave it right here.  Leaves me less of 500's posts I have to skip over. :nana:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

500hp_440

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 01, 2009, 08:43:53 AM
No way, leave it right here.  Leaves me less of 500's posts I have to skip over. :nana:
Hardy har har, funny fellow................... NOT! :nana:
I'll start a new thread
Let it alone^.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

The70RT

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 01, 2009, 08:33:46 AM
THIS probablty isn't the place to talk about new phones. Start a new thread on off topic.  :2thumbs:

Why not? Every page is a different subject anyway  :lol:

Foreman72

Quote from: The70RT on February 01, 2009, 12:18:49 PM

tru that...haha...saves me the time of having 2 find the new thread...did u say u painted the actual discs?
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

PocketThunder

THIS probablty isn't the place to talk about new phones. Start a new thread on off topic.  :2thumbs:

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl: :rofl:   Sorry 500hp but that was funny right there...   :smilielol: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

500hp_440

Quote from: Foreman72 on February 01, 2009, 02:26:50 PM

tru that...haha...saves me the time of having 2 find the new thread...did u say u painted the actual discs?
Not the discs, I'm not that stupid, the rest of them I did paint
Let it alone^.

500hp_440

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 02, 2009, 12:59:38 PM

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl: :rofl:   Sorry 500hp but that was funny right there...   :smilielol: 
It doesn't matter thats why this thread has growin' so fast, no boundaries on what to talk about.
Hows $150 sound for all the ball joints for the control arms, if thats right, theres 4 on the car so hows 150 for all 4 new?
Let it alone^.

Foreman72

Quote from: 500hp_440 on February 02, 2009, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: Foreman72 on February 01, 2009, 02:26:50 PM

Not the discs, I'm not that stupid, the rest of them I did paint
makin sure...no worries
Eric "Foreman"

500hp_440

Hows $150 sound for all the ball joints for the control arms, if thats right, theres 4 on the car so hows 150 for all 4 new?
Also hows $15 sound for the plate that goes behind the master cylinder? (used of course)
Let it alone^.

FLG

Seems high. I paid about 275$ for all my ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, adjusting sleeves, control arm bushings, and pitman and idler arm.

The70RT

I just sold a pair of new TRW upper ball joints on eBay for 20 bucks. Most auto parts stores want 70ea. for the lowers. Go to Rock Auto and you can't beat the prices for Moog price  :2thumbs:

FLG

Forgot to mention...all moog stuff. Though might go with spicer when i do the resto.

TUFCAT

FLG - - you got a screaming good deal!!  Similarly, a COMPLETE front end rebuilding kit from justsuspension.com will set you back $499. This doesn't include idler arm or Pitman arm.

Includes:
• Upper and Lower ball joints
• Heavy Duty 11/16" tie rod ends
• Solid Heavy Duty Steel Adjusting sleeves
• Graphite Polyurethane control arm bushings
• Graphite Polyurethane strut rod bushings
• Upper and lower rebound bumpers
• Torsion Bar Boots + Clips

500hp_440

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 05, 2009, 03:51:24 PM
FLG - - you got a screaming good deal!!  Similarly, a COMPLETE front end rebuilding kit from justsuspension.com will set you back $499. This doesn't include idler arm or Pitman arm.

Includes:
• Upper and Lower ball joints
• Heavy Duty 11/16" tie rod ends
• Solid Heavy Duty Steel Adjusting sleeves
• Graphite Polyurethane control arm bushings
• Graphite Polyurethane strut rod bushings
• Upper and lower rebound bumpers
• Torsion Bar Boots + Clips

If I had $500 I would, but I dont, all I need is the ball joints and maby some new bushings, everything else is new or good enough for a few years, quote from before "dont fix it if it aint broke" :icon_smile_big: But those arent too hard to do.
I'm going to go cut ome metal off the charger with a fast grinder and no measurement  :D its all rusted it doesn't matter.
Let it alone^.