News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreman72

Quote from: teamroth on January 27, 2009, 09:25:04 PM
Ryan,
If you like football then play. This may be your only opportunity to play in that kind of environment. I had a blast when I played in high school. You're a kid so you may not understand now, but you're only a kid ONCE

thats what i'm doing w basketball...i don't like it that much to play in college but i've played thru all of HS...great time...yeah dude...if u can afford it and if u got the time go 4 it next year...plus u can use this time 2 get ready, study some plays ect...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Rolling_Thunder

Yes, I was 6'1 and about 220 --->      Health problems were results of hard hits - broken bones and stuff like that - but the biggest problem is with my left knee - took a chop block and royally screwed my knee up...     but i would still do it again if i could
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

500hp_440

To tell the truth I've never liked anysport besides drag racing, motocross, fishing, and babe watching (yeah I think its a sport :nana:)
I've never watched a football game on TV unless its like thanks giving or something and I'm with friends and they have it on (I don't even know when the season is!) I like have all my body parts working and not showering next to naked dudes :eek2:, or having a sweaty dude lay on me. I was just wondering if there was new stuff I could tell my sport stalkers next time they ask.

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 27, 2009, 10:02:45 PM
Yes, I was 6'1 and about 220 --->      Health problems were results of hard hits - broken bones and stuff like that - but the biggest problem is with my left knee - took a chop block and royally screwed my knee up...     but i would still do it again if i could
You were pretty much my size
Let it alone^.

teamroth

Dude if you're not passionate about it, then dont do it. You have lots of stuff you do that already makes you happy   :2thumbs:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Foreman72

Quote from: teamroth on January 27, 2009, 10:21:16 PM
Dude if you're not passionate about it, then dont do it. You have lots of stuff you do that already makes you happy   :2thumbs:

x2...
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

SgtSearcy

16 with a 69.   :shruggy:

My first car when I turned 16 was a '58 VW beetle. It wasn't until I came back from Afghanistan this last time, that I could get my 66.

Good luck my friend. I hope you have more luck than I. By luck I mean money ;D

500hp_440

Quote from: SgtSearcy on January 28, 2009, 09:16:12 PM

My first car when I turned 16 was a '58 VW beetle. It wasn't until I came back from Afghanistan this last time, that I could get my 66.

Ooooo 66, NICE, whats she got in her?
I'm not having luck, $1,300 in debt
Let it alone^.

SgtSearcy

361 auto. Factory PS, PB and AC. I got lucky with it, but certain parts are proving to be very difficult to get ahold of.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 28, 2009, 09:17:59 PM

Might i suggest putting your Charger away for awhile and get a second job to dig yourself out of debt.  $1300 might not seem like a lot but it only creates a habit to spiral further into debt, then you are selling the car just to pay off debt and then your left with nothing.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

500hp_440

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 29, 2009, 04:11:20 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 28, 2009, 09:17:59 PM

Might i suggest putting your Charger away for awhile and get a second job to dig yourself out of debt.  $1300 might not seem like a lot but it only creates a habit to spiral further into debt, then you are selling the car just to pay off debt and then your left with nothing.   :Twocents:

You missed it but thats what I'm doing, but tis hard to find work, I'm sure you know that. It doesnt help that I'm 16, I would love to get a job as a ditch digger, lear to use a bobcat, those are fun.
Let it alone^.

Foreman72

might not b able 2 do something fun tho u kno...hey any restaurants near by?
Eric "Foreman"

500hp_440

Quote from: Foreman72 on January 29, 2009, 10:19:37 PM
I'm not getting into a restraunt biz..... or working inside near a desk, theres a few things I wont do, but what I wont do, I really wont do.
But I know I probably wont get a fun job, but I can dream.... :scratchchin:
Let it alone^.

Foreman72

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 29, 2009, 10:27:24 PM
I'm not getting into a restraunt biz..... or working inside near a desk, theres a few things I wont do, but what I wont do, I really wont do.

no i mean like busing...no where near a desk cept maybe 2 punch in/out...u can make mad cash doing that...esp if u work fri and weekends
Eric "Foreman"

500hp_440

Quote from: Foreman72 on January 29, 2009, 10:32:48 PM

no i mean like busing...no where near a desk cept maybe 2 punch in/out...u can make mad cash doing that...esp if u work fri and weekends
I knwo you ment that, I havea friend that has been bitching for the last 3 years becuas eof his busing job and I tell him to quit but he lacks the balls to do it, I've been watching craigslist for jobs and posted a workers add, got a call someone wants a fence :yesnod: not bad for a first post
Let it alone^.

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

General_01

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 29, 2009, 10:41:42 PM

I knwo you ment that, I havea friend that has been bitching for the last 3 years becuas eof his busing job and I tell him to quit but he lacks the balls to do it, I've been watching craigslist for jobs and posted a workers add, got a call someone wants a fence :yesnod: not bad for a first post

Don't bash your friend too much. At least he has a job. And it doesn't take balls to quit. It takes balls to work a job you hate instead of sitting at home living off your parents.

Not bashing you. I am just saying your friend deserves better than that from you. Good luck with the fence job. Hope it works out. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Steve P.

No doubt. Never put someone down or talk them out of a job. There are people flipping burgers at Mc Donalds that have years of collage. Just cannot get into their field and have bills to pay...

Besides, there isn't a thing wrong with busing or any other job.

At 15 I was building and hanging lights in a lighting store. Before I broke my back I was a nuclear mechanic with Florida Power. While still in NY, I owned and operated 2 auto repair shops.   I would say I started at the bottom and learned and grew.  Nothing wrong with good honest hard work. 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

SgtSearcy

7 years agon I was PVT no-one, and knew nothing about my job. Now I'm SSG No-one :D and I run an entire GSAB Avionics shop. Everybody's got to start somewhere, and 9 times out of ten it is at the bottom

Steve P.

Quote from: SgtSearcy on January 30, 2009, 02:59:32 AM
7 years agon I was PVT no-one, and knew nothing about my job. Now I'm SSG No-one :D and I run an entire GSAB Avionics shop. Everybody's got to start somewhere, and 9 times out of ten it is at the bottom

Here-here...   :cheers: :patriot:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

500hp_440

Quote from: General_01 on January 29, 2009, 11:41:57 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 29, 2009, 10:41:42 PM

I know you meant that, I have friend that has been bitching for the last 3 years because of his busing job and I tell him to quit but he lacks the balls to do it, I've been watching craigslist for jobs and posted a workers add, got a call someone wants a fence :yesnod: not bad for a first post

Don't bash your friend too much. At least he has a job. And it doesn't take balls to quit. It takes balls to work a job you hate instead of sitting at home living off your parents.

Not bashing you. I am just saying your friend deserves better than that from you. Good luck with the fence job. Hope it works out. :2thumbs:
I'm bashing him for 3 years of complaining, its not the job, its the "I'm going to quit this week" and never does.

Quote from: Steve P. on January 30, 2009, 02:44:53 AM
No doubt. Never put someone down or talk them out of a job. There are people flipping burgers at Mc Donalds that have years of collage. Just cannot get into their field and have bills to pay...

Besides, there isn't a thing wrong with busing or any other job.

At 15 I was building and hanging lights in a lighting store. Before I broke my back I was a nuclear mechanic with Florida Power. While still in NY, I owned and operated 2 auto repair shops.   I would say I started at the bottom and learned and grew.  Nothing wrong with good honest hard work. 
It's not his job that I don't like, I'm happy that people work, its the threats to quit he tells me and my Friend but always goes back and comes back to us to complain.
Let it alone^.

The70RT

Restaurant's are a good way to meet a lot of women :yesnod:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

I had a friend that moved to Florida and parked cars as a Vale at nice restaurants on the nights and weekends,  he said he mad cash doing that.  But being 16 you might not get a job parking cars at high end restaurants.  But dont let me discourage you from asking, they can only say no thanks.  :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Quote from: The70RT on January 30, 2009, 10:33:46 AM

Thats what i was thinking, but with women, comes another draw for your hard earned cash..   :yesnod:

Foreman72

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 30, 2009, 10:46:44 AM
Quote from: The70RT on January 30, 2009, 10:33:46 AM

Thats what i was thinking, but with women, comes another draw for your hard earned cash..   :yesnod:

i'm tellin u ryan restaurants r the place 2 be :lol:

Eric "Foreman"

moparnole

I think we should all calm down, and take a deep breath.....