News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

500hp_440

**Update**
The whole inside is seam sealed, tommarrow is some clean up, then the trunk get primed, and if I can scrape up the money I'll buy the yellow paint and sunday will be paint day! :icon_smile_big:
Let it alone^.

Foreman72

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 16, 2009, 03:24:14 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 16, 2009, 01:49:47 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 15, 2009, 11:04:22 PM
SOMEONE HELP ME
After I sandblasted I messed up and got some sand wet and let the humidity get to some of it, I need it dry since I'm seam seeling the whole inside, how can I dry out the inside of the car and trunk by tomarrow afternoon? P.S. It's cold (60s) and very humid

Did i just read that right?...?  :o   :icon_smile_big:

Minneapolis, MN.  Sunshine early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. Cold. High 7ºF. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Friday night: Snow flurries and snow showers. Wind chills approaching -15ºF. Low 2ºF. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Poor you, I'm in Fl its supposed to be 80 and 90 in winter.
60 is cold for Fl.

try -20 in NH my good man :down:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Finn

Its a lovely 80 degree here. Gotta love these California Winters! :D
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Steve P.

Boy, your not kidding about humidity in Florida. Also 500 isn't kidding about 60* feeling cold to those of us that are use to 80* plus and very sunny. (Closer to the Sun). Hahahahhaha....

We do get a few very cold days down here, but nothing compared to all you poor folks up North and out West.

The best I can tell you for keeping her dry is to use an A/C unit with dehumidifier. It keeps my shop nice and dry when I don't need the A/C.

It is 12:55 AM and the temp outside right now is 39* with NOT ONE cloud in the sky.. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr`````````````````...............
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Tilar

Quote from: Steve P. on January 17, 2009, 12:56:02 AM

It is 12:55 AM and the temp outside right now is 39* with NOT ONE cloud in the sky.. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr`````````````````...............

Haha, Your 39* temp is 58 degrees warmer than it is here. I checked it around 5:30 this morning and it is at -19*. I'm pretty sure that is the coldest that my charger has ever seen.  :eek:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

jdiesel33

Quote from: rav440 on January 17, 2009, 06:40:51 AM
-7 here at 6:40 am in pittsburgh  :eek2:

Safe to assume you are part of the great Steeler nation?
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

rav440

Quote from: jdiesel33 on January 17, 2009, 11:23:25 AM
Quote from: rav440 on January 17, 2009, 06:40:51 AM
-7 here at 6:40 am in pittsburgh  :eek2:

Safe to assume you are part of the great Steeler nation?

yep , part of the great Steeler nation , but im in the poverty class .  :icon_smile_big:

500hp_440

Hey look I mad the weather thread! its about 55 or so down here at 9:30 PM

**Up Date**
All the primer's down besides some touch up, Monday I'm going to try to get the paint.
What the combo for yellow I need?
Let it alone^.

Big Sugar

Hey Ryan ,
  Man you've come a long way in a short time, I've gotta say you really know how to make an entrance ! I have been watching this thread since it came out of the gate and I'm glad I've waited till now too post .
In all the years I've been on internet forums I don't ever recall seeing a Wild thread like this make such a complete turn around, I can't believe you pulled it off, WOW. But I guess it boils down to your Determination , You certainly do know how to Stand your ground even when your not sure why !! I'm not sure if I would have hung around myself after that.
  But now your here and your quickly catching on. Your very lucky , Seems most of the house has already taken a likeing to you, and as long as you can remain calm and listen I'm pretty sure you'll get all the help you need to build your Charger into somthing you'll remember forever....As will we.
So my hat goes off to you Ryan  :2thumbs:
As for your Charger, Take your time , I know your probably excited to get out there and tear up the neighbourhood.
But you need to take it 1 step at a time and build your Charger up with a basic plan for now. You've got a really Cool Charger and it looks to be in amazing shape. All the help you need is here.

Good Luck to you...Grasshopper

Ron  :thumbs:

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

500hp_440

Quote from: Big Sugar on January 18, 2009, 01:47:17 AM
Hey Ryan ,
  Man you've come a long way in a short time, I've gotta say you really know how to make an entrance ! I have been watching this thread since it came out of the gate and I'm glad I've waited till now too post .
In all the years I've been on internet forums I don't ever recall seeing a Wild thread like this make such a complete turn around, I can't believe you pulled it off, WOW. But I guess it boils down to your Determination , You certainly do know how to Stand your ground even when your not sure why !! I'm not sure if I would have hung around myself after that.
  But now your here and your quickly catching on. Your very lucky , Seems most of the house has already taken a likeing to you, and as long as you can remain calm and listen I'm pretty sure you'll get all the help you need to build your Charger into somthing you'll remember forever....As will we.
As for your Charger, Take your time , I know your probably excited to get out there and tear up the neighbourhood.
But you need to take it 1 step at a time and build your Charger up with a basic plan for now. You've got a really Cool Charger and it looks to be in amazing shape. All the help you need is here.

Let it alone^.

rav440

Hey Ryan ,

um , not to open up old wounds , but i certinaly wouldnt say acting like a foal mouthed punk and insulting the members here constatutes as " STANDING YOUR GROUND " !!!!! no offence RYAN but plain and simple that is what it was .

the creadit to be given to RYAN is coming to the realization that acting like a youg man and eating crow by giving an apology to those he offened is what got everyone to the point that we are now .

all is good now . and i hope to hear more updates about RYANs CHARGER

Big Sugar

Quote from: rav440 on January 18, 2009, 02:46:16 PM
Hey Ryan ,

um , not to open up old wounds , but i certinaly wouldnt say acting like a foal mouthed punk and insulting the members here constatutes as " STANDING YOUR GROUND " !!!!! no offence RYAN but plain and simple that is what it was .

the creadit to be given to RYAN is coming to the realization that acting like a youg man and eating crow by giving an apology to those he offened is what got everyone to the point that we are now .

all is good now . and i hope to hear more updates about RYANs CHARGER

Well maybe "Standing your Ground" wasn't the perfect analogy.....But Ryan certainly did not get scared off, So "Standing Your Ground " Seemed to fit in well. Besides....It was Quarter to freakin two when I laid that post down !
Give a guy a break !

Ron......... Standing MY ground !!

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

500hp_440

Intake manafold CH4B
what carb do I have?
the numbers are: LIST-3310-2
and it has like number 70 jets or something, my mechanic was afraid it might flood the engine
Let it alone^.

mikepmcs

750 holley 4160 vac secondaries? 1 metering block,  built the 45th day of 1986 i believe.  By 1996 the 3's and 4's were out I think.

This means that you cannot jet the secondaries because they run off a metering plate, if not correct someone will chime.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

500hp_440

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 18, 2009, 09:24:26 PM
750 holley 4160 vac secondaries? 1 metering block,  built the 45th day of 1986 i believe.  By 1996 the 3's and 4's were out I think.

This means that you cannot jet the secondaries because they run off a metering plate, if not correct someone will chime.
Ok, whats the mean?? Whats the CFM? or is 750 the cfm? I havent been into cars long and this is the first carb on a car I've had.
Let it alone^.

69bronzeT5

Just a question....the thread is called "My first car". Don't you have a Dakota? Wouldn't that be your first car? :nana:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

500hp_440

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 18, 2009, 09:40:16 PM
Just a question....the thread is called "My first car". Don't you have a Dakota? Wouldn't that be your first car? :nana:
no bro that was my dads that I rebuilt and sold
this is my first car :D bragging rights Oh Yeah!
Let it alone^.

bordin34

My First Car

And Second Car

Both

Pretty good for not even having a drivers license yet.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

WingCharger

TUFCAT

Ryan....Is there anyway you can delete the picture of your spastic annoying nerd buddy in that avatar? It's not a flattering picture..... and really makes you look like a dork.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

69bronzeT5

Bordin.....

I'm like you. I have my Learners and I have a '69 Charger, '70 Coronet 500 and a '73 Duster :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

WingCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 18, 2009, 09:57:07 PM
Bordin.....

I'm like you. I have my Learners and I have a '69 Charger, '70 Coronet 500 and a '73 Duster :lol:

500hp_440

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 18, 2009, 09:54:43 PM
Ryan....Is there anyway you can delete picture of your spastic annoying nerd buddy in that avatar? It's not a flattering picture..... and really makes you look like a dork.  :Twocents: :Twocents:
I'll take a new one tomarrow when I paint the inside
Fine i HAVE BRAGS OVER ALL THE RICE PANZIES!!!
Let it alone^.