News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rav440

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 14, 2009, 07:54:10 PM
Quote from: General_01 on January 14, 2009, 07:50:38 PM
Keep it up. :2thumbs:

Now, if you you can, take that direct link to your myspace pics that mike put up and put it in your sig. That way, every time you post and want people to look at your pics they can hit the link right in your sig.
Good idea I'll try right after I get my heads number.

RYAN , here is a link to PHOTOBUCKET , it take a few moments to sign up but  you can upload photos directly from your PC to your album and link photos from there to this site . just thought id let you know .
http://register.photobucket.com/
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

500hp_440

Quote from: rav440 on January 14, 2009, 08:02:13 PM

Now, if you you can, take that direct link to your myspace pics that mike put up and put it in your sig. That way, every time you post and want people to look at your pics they can hit the link right in your sig.

RYAN , here is a link to PHOTOBUCKET , it take a few moments to sign up but  you can upload photos directly from your PC to your album and link photos from there to this site . just thought id let you know .
I hate that place! and it wont work
heres what you wanted
284390 (or 8 ) 6-12
and a screwed on tag 01149
and I saw a white sediment on the rockers on the bottom of the dip over the nsprings., bad? and the guy painted the springs :brickwall:, bad or ok?
Let it alone^.

teamroth

Ryan, looks pretty good man. Didn't see any white stuff in the pics (heads) what were you talking about?
I won't claim to know too much about the stuff you're doing but I think you are on the right traack. Are you thinking about joining The Marines?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

500hp_440

Quote from: teamroth on January 14, 2009, 08:44:08 PM
Ryan, looks pretty good man. Didn't see any white stuff in the pics (heads) what were you talking about?
I won't claim to know too much about the stuff you're doing but I think you are on the right traack. Are you thinking about joining The Marines?
theres a white sediment its heavier then the 10w-40 oild but its a liquid..... when I drained the oil the first time I saw it there, I guess next time I change the oild Im going to pull the plug and dump a few quarts through just to wash junk out, and I need a new oil pan (its the deep dish and some dumb f*cker set the engine on the pan when they pulled it  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:.
Why do you ask?
Let it alone^.

teamroth

500hp_440

Quote from: teamroth on January 14, 2009, 08:50:37 PM
Noticed something on your myspace, Iwo Jima?
Good picture, I was thinking about it I more then likely would if it weren't for the f*cking stop-loss.
But I have been thinking about it. Or the coastguard, army, or something.
Let it alone^.

teamroth

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 14, 2009, 08:53:09 PM
Good picture, I was thinking about it I more then likely would if it weren't for the f*cking stop-loss.

OK, I'm an 8 year former Marine, so I will explain a few things to you. First, with Obama in office, that stop-loss shit will go the way of the dodo(bye-bye). Second, it isn't the way it seems in the movie,(if that's what you're referring to) I had a friend get stop-lossed, and all it did was extend him for 6 months. It all depends on the situation. But do consider this, I did my time during Clinton, and most of the Democrats try not to schedule wars...lol
If it's something you're really considering, I will tell you anything you want to know, and plenty that you don't. I will say my first recommendation is college, so you don't end up like me, almost 34, and just started my first day of College today. Plenty to consider. We tend to look down on the Air Force as being pussies, but they treat their people the best, and have the easiest transition back into civilian life. Some jobs in the USAF are just like working in corporate America. Just some food for thought.

500hp_440

Quote from: teamroth on January 14, 2009, 09:10:00 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 14, 2009, 08:53:09 PM

OK, I'm an 8 year former Marine, so I will explain a few things to you. First, with Obama in office, that stop-loss shit will go the way of the dodo(bye-bye). Second, it isn't the way it seems in the movie,(if that's what you're referring to) I had a friend get stop-lossed, and all it did was extend him for 6 months. It all depends on the situation. But do consider this, I did my time during Clinton, and most of the Democrats try not to schedule wars...lol
If it's something you're really considering, I will tell you anything you want to know, and plenty that you don't. I will say my first recommendation is college, so you don't end up like me, almost 34, and just started my first day of College today. Plenty to consider. We tend to look down on the Air Force as being pussies, but they treat their people the best, and have the easiest transition back into civilian life. Some jobs in the USAF are just like working in corporate America. Just some food for thought.
man have I got questions for you!
Let it alone^.

mikepmcs

20 years US Navy retired here.  I agree with the Air Force statement and the college statement 100%.  Do your homework and don't just jump into anything half cocked. There are plenty of Military Vets and Active Duty on this site that you can ask questions, from every Branch of the Military. You want quality of life, then the USAF is the way to go, always has been.  Navy is catching up though and has tried for some years.  My Father was 32 years AF. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

rav440

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 14, 2009, 08:18:34 PM

heres what you wanted
284390 (or 8 ) 6-12
and I saw a white sediment on the rockers on the bottom of the dip over the nsprings., bad? and the guy painted the springs :brickwall:, bad or ok?

#2843906 = 906 heads

500hp_440

Quote from: rav440 on January 15, 2009, 07:57:38 PM

heres what you wanted
284390 (or 8 ) 6-12

#2843906 = 906 heads
which means?
Let it alone^.

rav440

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 15, 2009, 08:07:15 PM
Quote from: rav440 on January 15, 2009, 07:57:38 PM

heres what you wanted
284390 (or 8 ) 6-12

#2843906 = 906 heads
which means?

they are good open chamber heads from 68-70 or so factory valves 208 intake 174 exhaust . question is has there been anything done to them ? cut for bigger valves ? ported / hardend seats .. ect ect ....

500hp_440

SOMEONE HELP ME
After I sandblasted I messed up and got some sand wet and let the humidity get to some of it, I need it dry since I'm seam seeling the whole inside, how can I dry out the inside of the car and trunk by tomarrow afternoon? P.S. It's cold (60s) and very humid
Let it alone^.

TUFCAT

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TUFCAT

Okay then, maybe 225.....and make sure she's sleeping  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

hemi-hampton

I thought you only do that when your Powder coating :scratchchin: Or baking a Cake :shruggy:

500hp_440

ok I guess I'm gonna be seam sealing in sand :brickwall:
I firgure ill wire brush and suck the areas
Let it alone^.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 15, 2009, 11:04:22 PM
SOMEONE HELP ME
After I sandblasted I messed up and got some sand wet and let the humidity get to some of it, I need it dry since I'm seam seeling the whole inside, how can I dry out the inside of the car and trunk by tomarrow afternoon? P.S. It's cold (60s) and very humid

Was born in Miami, lived in Palm Beach County till I was 23 and one thing I learned, there's always humidity in Florida unless a nice strong cool front blows through.............

You'll probably have to be patient and let it dry on it's own.. Is it stored inside? The LAST thing you want to do is rush anything...... More often than not, rushing something will cause it to come back and bite you......

Good luck on your new toy.. A R/T SE at such a young age is very rare, so don't waste it.. Have fun, but don't do anything you can't put back or change at a later date....

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

SOMEONE HELP ME

Did i just read that right?...?  :o   :icon_smile_big:

Minneapolis, MN.  Sunshine early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. Cold. High 7ºF. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Friday night: Snow flurries and snow showers. Wind chills approaching -15ºF. Low 2ºF. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mikepmcs

Same forecast for me today up here in balmy Maine.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

500hp_440

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 16, 2009, 01:49:47 PM
SOMEONE HELP ME

Did i just read that right?...?  :o   :icon_smile_big:

Minneapolis, MN.  Sunshine early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. Cold. High 7ºF. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Friday night: Snow flurries and snow showers. Wind chills approaching -15ºF. Low 2ºF. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Poor you, I'm in Fl its supposed to be 80 and 90 in winter.
60 is cold for Fl.
Let it alone^.

Tilar

White in oil can only be one of two things that I can think of... It is either lithium grease or water.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

500hp_440

Quote from: Tilar on January 16, 2009, 03:28:25 PM

White in oil can only be one of two things that I can think of... It is either lithium grease or water.
its lithium grease. how bad is that?
Let it alone^.

Tilar

Grease is not bad. Many builders use it as an assembly lube when they work on the internals of the engine. But it generally dissipates pretty fast.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.