News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

500hp_440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2009, 08:10:50 PM
The engine was cast in January of 68 so chances of it being used in something other than a 68 model are virtually nonexistent.  The trans number I don't have (John Kunkel will) but the sequence places it as an early to mid 70's number I believe.  Are there any stamped numbers on the lower pan flange of the trans on the driver side?
no sir, but i think i saw some big cast numbers started 53.... they went over the top, no easy way for me to get them
Let it alone^.

Ghoste

No, it's all good.  Like I said, the chances of them being the correct application parts and or date code for your car were slim long shots at best but it's always worth checking.  As was also stated it doesn't matter much anyway except to purists.

500hp_440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2009, 08:16:41 PM
No, it's all good.  Like I said, the chances of them being the correct application parts and or date code for your car were slim long shots at best but it's always worth checking.  As was also stated it doesn't matter much anyway except to purists.
Well this way when the engine blows and the transmition throw another gear, it wont be so bad.
Is there anyway to get my charger to do wheelies and burnouts or is it just one or the other?
Let it alone^.

Harlow

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 08:19:38 PM
Well this way when the engine blows and the transmition throw another gear, it wont be so bad.
Is there anyway to get my charger to do wheelies and burnouts or is it just one or the other?

Your going to need a LOT more power and a LOT more traction to full the front end up.

Ghoste

GreenMachine

According to my guide, trans starting with "368" are from '72 to '75.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

500hp_440

Oh the trans thats mainly the case (the old one was destroyed)
how much torque do you think i need to be pushing to get a full on wheelie?
Let it alone^.

tan top

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 08:01:17 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2009, 07:45:24 PM
Since we're getting back on track, did you get a chance to write down any numbers from the side of that trans (or engine too while you're at it)?
Engine
2536430-10
4 L1 built 1/23/68

transmition
A-727-B

Ryan check out these pictures ,  & where the arrows are , thats where the vin is stamped ,  to tell you what car it is out of  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

500hp_440

no such number on the trans
but new long engine number (from a different sport then you said) its
PT440P2449108 and there was a 1 after that number but it was lower and a space away
Let it alone^.

C_stripes

Ryan.  The pic showing where to look at the number is a bit confusing. 
Don't know if this pic will be much help. The number is a stamping in the block right above the oil pan. The letters are small. If you look at the block on the pass side right above the oil pan you will see a smooth part that is about 3 inches long and a half inch tall. Thats where they are at.   
It may not even have the whole vin. It will have the year-build plant-sequence number.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

73ChargerSE

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 08:28:57 PM

I'm sure A LOT more than you've got. Sorry buddy :pity:

500hp_440

Quote from: C_stripes on January 05, 2009, 09:01:49 PM
Ryan.  The pic showing where to look at the number is a bit confusing. 
Don't know if this pic will be much help. The number is a stamping in the block right above the oil pan. The letters are small. If you look at the block on the pass side right above the oil pan you will see a smooth part that is about 3 inches long and a half inch tall. Thats where they are at.   
It may not even have the whole vin. It will have the year-build plant-sequence number.
either your wrong (i dont think you are) or my block doesn't have it, Ive looked thrice and if it was there i seriously doubt i would have missed it
Let it alone^.

500hp_440

Quote from: 73ChargerSE on January 05, 2009, 09:17:51 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 08:28:57 PM

I'm sure A LOT more than you've got. Sorry buddy :pity:
well ill drop tire pressure and jump on it when i get the drive train hooked up, see how much she jump, but i think your right
Let it alone^.

vancamp

500hp_440

Quote from: vancamp on January 05, 2009, 09:27:48 PM
just need some hollywood wheelie bars
make it mexican, put hydralics off a dump truck, MEGA WHEELIE!! except the whole 5 feet of hydralic cylinder sticking out of my fenders but hey minor details :icon_smile_big:
Let it alone^.

69bronzeT5

Wow....this thread started off BAD. :lol: He was giving 16 year old Charger owners a bad name. :D Believe me, I've learned...do not screw around with the guys on this site, they know their stuff and really like tormenting the young guns when they make themselves look like idiots. You will learn. :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

500hp_440

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 05, 2009, 09:32:06 PM
Wow....this thread started off BAD. :lol: He was giving 16 year old Charger owners a bad name. :D Believe me, I've learned...do not screw around with the guys on this site, they know their stuff and really like tormenting the young guns when they make themselves look like idiots. You will learn. :D
thanks to most of that  :cheers: but really how many 16 yearold 69 charger owners are there for me to give a bad name to?  :shruggy: :lol: but yes i agree i learned that
i think this thread has taken off as one of the better post collectors
Let it alone^.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 10:46:41 PM
but really how many 16 yearold 69 charger owners are there for me to give a bad name to?  :shruggy: :lol:

Okay....just me on the '69 side (I think?). :smilielol: I had a really bad start when I joined the site so don't worry...you're not the only one. :2thumbs:

500hp_440

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 05, 2009, 10:54:25 PM
but really how many 16 yearold 69 charger owners are there for me to give a bad name to?  :shruggy: :lol:

Okay....just me on the '69 side (I think?). :smilielol: I had a really bad start when I joined the site so don't worry...you're not the only one. :2thumbs:
you lost me :shruggy: but thats good to know, i cant believe 13+ pages and 250 posts WOW
Let it alone^.

69bronzeT5

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 10:57:48 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 05, 2009, 10:54:25 PM

you lost me :shruggy: but thats good to know, i cant believe 13+ pages and 250 posts WOW
Well if anything came out of this, it could be you're in for 133 post and you're brand new!  That's probably a record.  Keep this up and you'll be an " Old timer " within a week.  Then even you will have to tolerate the 16 year olds.  :smilielol:  You find that "spell check " button yet. :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Samson

Ryan, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Academy and my.. oh,.. wait,..  wrong speech,..
Seriously I'd like to apologise too for bustin your err,. chops, I have been known to do that,.. Cody and Wing both have also had to run the Gauntlet here...
Even Arizona Dave managed to get on my bad side,..  not hard to do either since several of my sides are bad...
But it's all good cause Chris G. likes to pick on me from time to time,..  :shruggy: Whadd I do?..   :slap:  :RantExplode:
Welcome to the site Ryan, and I'm sure with enough $ we can git your R/T to lift the front wheels and qualify for the front row at Daytona...  :scratchchin: maybe even git 30 MPG.. o.k 20...
Perhaps "The Rhino" would be a good nickname for your Charger...  

Arizona Dave

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 05, 2009, 11:12:46 PM
Ryan, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Academy and my.. oh,.. wait,..  wrong speech,..
Seriously I'd like to apologise too for bustin your err,. chops, I have been known to do that,.. Cody and Wing both have also had to run the Gauntlet here...
Even Arizona Dave managed to get on my bad side,..  not hard to do either since several of my sides are bad...
But it's all good cause Chris G. likes to pick on me from time to time,..  :shruggy: Whadd I do?..   :slap:  :RantExplode:
Welcome to the site Ryan, and I'm sure with enough $ we can git your R/T to lift the front wheels and qualify for the front row at Daytona...  :scratchchin: maybe even git 30 MPG.. o.k 20...
Perhaps "The Rhino" would be a good nickname for your Charger...  

Pleased to meet you Brock.   :misbehaving:  It really was a great little titty there.  :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink:
High Speed & Low Drag, Baby!
Look me up when you're in AZ.
Arizona Dave

Silver R/T

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 08:19:38 PM

you CAN if you build it to "fast and furious" specs.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

Pleased to meet you Brock.   :misbehaving:  It really was a great little titty there.  :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink:
[/quote]

there were two of those little itty bitty titties,.. but hey  :shruggy: who's countin?..