News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

GreenMachine

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

BB1

Delete my profile

Ghoste

dpm68

Quotewith that Fram oil filter on there I don't see how it will hold 500hp for very long.
Yea, 500 (ahem!)  horseys and a Fram should not be in the same sentence. But hey, he knows everything, so maybe his Fram is secret special super-duty...

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

C_stripes

I have to say, this thread got lame quick.   No more pissing matches??             :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Topher

I thought all that crap was over. No need in blasting the guy anymore. He did show his behind, and he deserved to be corrected, but this like striking your kid and yelling at them "WE DON'T HIT PEOPLE!" Ryan seems to be putting forth an effort here, so let's try to lead by positive example, and teach him what he needs to know.

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Ghoste

Personally I felt like the thread took a turn for the better when we started talking about Chargers, codes, colors, and numbers.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: C_stripes on January 05, 2009, 07:28:58 PM
I have to say, this thread got lame quick.   No more pissing matches??             :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Ah, what did you miss Daves comments and thoughts about 10 post ago?  Lame? :rotz:

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

500hp_440

Quote from: Topher on January 05, 2009, 07:34:59 PM
I thought all that crap was over. No need in blasting the guy anymore. He did show his behind, and he deserved to be corrected, but this like striking your kid and yelling at them "WE DON'T HIT PEOPLE!" Ryan seems to be putting forth an effort here, so let's try to lead by positive example, and teach him what he needs to know.

Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2009, 07:35:59 PM
Personally I felt like the thread took a turn for the better when we started talking about Chargers, codes, colors, and numbers.
thanks and just iqnore it, they'll get bored sooner or later
and it did get better
P.S. there wont be a round 2...ever  :no:
Let it alone^.

defiance

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 07:40:00 PM
and it did get better

:2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: tan top on January 05, 2009, 05:52:35 PM
Quote from: tan top on January 05, 2009, 03:55:57 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 05, 2009, 03:48:24 PM
Quote from: Finn on January 05, 2009, 03:14:00 PM

As rare as it may be, a color combo of yellow and green??? :eek2:

Rare?  not really...uncommon?  yes

What would be rare is if his parents restore it to the tag and not resale red  :Twocents:

PS---get out your decoder pens boys & you will see a rare Y2/CRG RT/SE car......1 option shy of a 2 tagger (of which I have NEVER seen on a '69 Charger....)
Bonus points if you see the "coolest" option  :popcrn:

PSS---how cool is a chromed fendertag?

power sunroof !!

i bet that lookes a awesome charger if its been restored   :yesnod:

thinking that tag is from the car that the magnum engeneering guy was  selling on ebay  :scratchchin:    ,   that had a sunroof  :scratchchin:  :popcrn:

thought i had more pictures saved  :scratchchin:
I remember that car on ebay.  Didn't he want like 25k for it, unrestored?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

C_stripes

It was supposed to be a sarcastic remark. Its hard to show sarcasm in words.  I agree, things have made a change for the better. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

rav440

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 07:40:00 PM
Quote from: Topher on January 05, 2009, 07:34:59 PM

Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2009, 07:35:59 PM
and it did get better

it never hurts to appologize either . just my  :Twocents:

Ghoste

Since we're getting back on track, did you get a chance to write down any numbers from the side of that trans (or engine too while you're at it)?

kingjoop

lol, wish i saw this topic early.. it's 1:47 past midnight now here...  :popcrn:

For this reason, kids have to be 18 here to own a car  :2thumbs:

Goodluck with the project  :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com

500hp_440

Let it alone^.

500hp_440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2009, 07:45:24 PM
Since we're getting back on track, did you get a chance to write down any numbers from the side of that trans (or engine too while you're at it)?
ill do it in a minuit, im goin out to the garage right now
Let it alone^.

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

rav440

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 07:50:21 PM
ill do it in a minuit, im goin out to the garage right now

Thanks for the apologie.  Now do us all a big favor and take one minute to use spellcheck just before you hit send.  :icon_smile_big:

500hp_440

Engine
2536430-10
4 L1 built 1/23/68

transmition
A-727-B
Let it alone^.

Ghoste

The engine was cast in January of 68 so chances of it being used in something other than a 68 model are virtually nonexistent.  The trans number I don't have (John Kunkel will) but the sequence places it as an early to mid 70's number I believe.  Are there any more stamped numbers on there?