News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topher

That is a pretty sweet ride you got there Ryan. In the long haul the car will be worth more if you restore it to it's original condition. Unless you are like some of us that have held onto our car since we were teens.  Coming up in a few weeks I will have had my 67 Charger for 19 years. Originally a 383 2bbl 4 spd car(one of 117) with Medium Metallic Blue, is now a 383(original engine) 4bbl 4speed wearing Black Pearl paint like what comes on 300s and new Chargers. It's MY car and IS NOT going anywhere, which is why I decided to paint it Black again. Regardless of what you decide to do with the car, may I suggest that you sit down with your computer and do some research? in the early days of me having my car it was the only one I had ever seen. There was no internet, and most shows that I attended were over run with chivies and phoards. Not alot of info or parts around. You have a WEALTH of KNOWLEDGE and KNOWLEDGEABLE people at your disposal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Use it, and use it wisely my young commerade! This is a fun hobby, and even though there's some people that are hard to get along with, the Mopar crowd is THE BEST crowd out here.

Congrats on a cool find, and enjoy the car.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

500hp_440

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 04, 2009, 08:43:05 PM
yours is probably 8 3/4 rear end, easy to check

its the middle one, yeah its a 8 3/4 thanks
Let it alone^.

500hp_440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2009, 08:41:10 PM
You need to crawl under there and get all of the numbers of the trans for us.  In any case, it's a 727 and that is the correct style for your car.
it cant be the old owner told me he through a gear through the case and he got one off a flooded charger so it cant be stock if it has a new case right? ill sheck tomarrow though
Let it alone^.

Ghoste

If he says so then no, it isn't the original one to your car but we should be able to tell you what application it came from.  Who knows it may be the correct style and date coded to your car.  For sure if it's hooked up to your 440 then its a big block 727 and that's all that really matters.

500hp_440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2009, 09:18:20 PM
If he says so then no, it isn't the original one to your car but we should be able to tell you what application it came from.  Who knows it may be the correct style and date coded to your car.  For sure if it's hooked up to your 440 then its a big block 727 and that's all that really matters.
uuuuuuhhhh I seriously hope, if it isnt Ill drive down to hollywood and collect what he owes me in damage (the guy i bought it from stupid me paid $1,500 to get the drive train put it, very sloppily put it. Ill get that number for you after school
Let it alone^.

Ghoste

I wouldn't worry about that.  What I'm saying is that there is only the one style of Torqueflite you can bolt behind your 440 and that is a 727 so you have no worries there.  Of course within that 727 group there are a wide variety of applications of which a 69 Charger RT is only one so if you luck out, even though it may not be very one that your car was built with there is always the chance the one that is in there now is one that would have been used in general for an RT Charger.  In which case you may not have a matching number trans as far as the vin goes but at least it would be the right part number.  If it turns out to have a good date code for your car, bonus.  So I don't think you'll need to go down to Miami anytime soon.  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Ryan, I have a Y2 ( your car color ) 69 RT/SE car like yours.  It's not numbers matching and it doesn't really matter overall.  Numbers matching is great to have but these cars are so high in demand that rarely would it stop someone from buying one that was for sale.  Many years ago numbers matching mattered.  Not so much today.  There are clones, tribute cars, resto mods, etc that changed the outlook about the car needing to have the original motor , trani, or rearend.  My Charger has no fender tag :'(, or build sheet :'(, but if I was to sell it today even in a market that most people are broke, it would sell and sell for a lot compared to most collectable cars.  You have a 69 Charger RTSE (at 16 mind you ).  You be one lucky dude in the eyes of most , number matching whatever or not.  Of course don't get me completly wrong, numbers matching is a great thing to brag about and certainly will command more money.   
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemigeno

Ryan, the advice given to you by Troy about towing had little to do with what tow rig you're using and quite a lot about the potential for breaking your trailer's frame.  When you tow a big block car backwards (with the engine installed), it places an inordinate amount of stress on the trailer's frame.  Most trailers might be able to handle that stress for a time, but are quite susceptible to breaking if you hit very many bumps in the road or have to tow for long distances.  I know guys that thought this would never happen, and it did.

There is the additional concern that loading the rear of the trailer the way you did probably meant there was little, if any, tongue weight at the hitch.  Hit the right bump or pothole just the wrong way, and your rear wheels can be lifted off the roadway no matter which brand of truck, what size/equipment, etc. it is.  That's hard for even the most seasoned of drivers to control, much less an inexperienced driver (especially one that doesn't heed advice very well).

The fact that you've already made the trip means that it may not be an issue now, but you totally missed the point of the wise advice given.  Let's hope the trip didn't cause stress fractures in the trailer frame that will someday completely fail at the most inopportune time.

Not everything mentioned on this thread was intended an insult, although quite a few things were taken that way.

:Twocents:

Back N Black

So,what happened? He posted the VIN and Fender tag and things turned around. Its a good thing it wasn't a XP car or you might not have recovered.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Finn

I read this thread last night and at page 3 I actually stopped to make kettlecorn. :nododgy:
As *uncommon* as it may be, a color combo of yellow and green??? :eek2:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Finn on January 05, 2009, 03:14:00 PM

As rare as it may be, a color combo of yellow and green??? :eek2:

Rare?  not really...uncommon?  yes

What would be rare is if his parents restore it to the tag and not resale red  :Twocents:

PS---get out your decoder pens boys & you will see a rare Y2/CRG RT/SE car......1 option shy of a 2 tagger (of which I have NEVER seen on a '69 Charger....)
Bonus points if you see the "coolest" option  :popcrn:

PSS---how cool is a chromed fendertag?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 05, 2009, 03:48:24 PM

What would be rare is if his parents restore it to the tag and not resale red  :Twocents:

PS---get out your decoder pens boys & you will see a rare Y2/CRG RT/SE car......1 option shy of a 2 tagger (of which I have NEVER seen on a '69 Charger....)

power sunroof !!

i bet that lookes a awesome charger if its been restored   :yesnod:

thinking that tag is from the car that the magnum engeneering guy was  selling on ebay  :scratchchin:    ,   that had a sunroof  :scratchchin:  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemigeno

Wow, what's left that could go on there?

Cool options?  Where do I start with unusual/cool stuff on THAT car:

Luggage Rack
Cruise Control
Power Windows
Sill Mouldings
Trailer Tow Package
A/C
Tach
AM/8Track
besides the SE package...

Oh, and what's with the 928xxx Special Order number?  That's gotta mean something out of the ordinary.   :scratchchin:

*edit*  tantop nailed it :cheers:

500hp_440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2009, 12:04:21 AM
I wouldn't worry about that.  What I'm saying is that there is only the one style of Torqueflite you can bolt behind your 440 and that is a 727 so you have no worries there.  Of course within that 727 group there are a wide variety of applications of which a 69 Charger RT is only one so if you luck out, even though it may not be very one that your car was built with there is always the chance the one that is in there now is one that would have been used in general for an RT Charger.  In which case you may not have a matching number trans as far as the vin goes but at least it would be the right part number.  If it turns out to have a good date code for your car, bonus.  So I don't think you'll need to go down to Miami anytime soon.  :cheers:
I'm just worried that Stevie wonder (the guy i bought it from) messed up putting the engine to trans
Let it alone^.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Theres my boys!  You guys are on point as usual :cheers:

Basically the only other options it could have had were

A04 Radio Group
G31 RH Mirror
and a Vinyl top

It was too early of a build for the J45 hood pins or the V21 Hood Treatment....

Yes the car was on eBay in '07 in Campbell, CA
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

I was thinking about the A04 and Vinyl Top, forgot about the manual RH mirror.

*edit* Was it supposed to come with a Vinyl Top with the M51 Sunroof?

Guess it could have had a "Y" code of some sort too?

Chris G.

Bonus points if you see the "coolest" option

Despite all the cool options on the car, my favorite is the white bee stripe on a yellow car. How often do you see that? How many do you have registered in yellow with a white stripe?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: hemigeno on January 05, 2009, 04:11:23 PM
I was thinking about the A04 and Vinyl Top, forgot about the manual RH mirror.

*edit* Was it supposed to come with a Vinyl Top with the M51 Sunroof?

Guess it could have had a "Y" code of some sort too?

If it were an export (Y09) car....I doubt it was a Sales bank car(Y16)
Interesting enough most of the Special Order (Y39) cars were 500's & Daytona's  I do have a few 99 99 R/T cars that had the Y39 code as well...

Only one with the Y91 Show Car Finish code....

PS--Gene you are correct.....the top wouldnt be on the tag with the 928 code.....the only place the orig color of the top would be coded on would be the BS
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chris G. on January 05, 2009, 04:17:55 PM

Despite all the cool options on the car, my favorite is the white bee stripe on a yellow car. How often do you see that? How many do you have registered in yellow with a white stripe?

3 R/T's total....2 are RT/SE

This is the above mentioned car
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

500hp_440

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 05, 2009, 04:22:16 PM

needs a good bit of work
Let it alone^.

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

tan top

Quote from: tan top on January 05, 2009, 03:55:57 PM

power sunroof !!

thinking that tag is from the car that the magnum engeneering guy was  selling on ebay  :scratchchin:    ,   that had a sunroof  :scratchchin:  :popcrn:

thought i had more pictures saved  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

500hp_440

Quote from: tan top on January 05, 2009, 05:52:35 PM

power sunroof !!

nice, a little winter project for you
i can sell you a hood, if you need one
Let it alone^.

tan top

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 06:14:07 PM
Quote from: tan top on January 05, 2009, 05:52:35 PM

power sunroof !!

nice, a little winter project for you
i can sell you a hood, if you need one

thanks for the offer Ryan  :cheers: ..but its not my R/T SE .... dude   its the one Chris posted the fender tag on .

Charger Stuff 

Arizona Dave

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 05, 2009, 04:38:40 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 05, 2009, 04:22:16 PM

needs a good bit of work

Ryan you're a little pain in the ass punk!  In the beginning of this thread you showed what a POS child you are.  Then in pages 4-8, some guys try to pet you on the head and tell you everything's going to be ok.  They do this because they're nice guys and they tried to forgive that you're an idiot.  They try to look past that you're a little immature puke!

You say things like "I'm a redneck" & "I don't take any shit" & "I'm pissed off".  F*ck You.  You're a 16 year kid!  You're not allowed to be pissed off.  You need to sit there like the little child that you are, and shut the f*ck up.  When men speak to you, you shut your mouth and listen.  Time to wake up you little puke!  
It's a shame your parents raised you to have such disrespect for adults.  You've got some idea in your head that being a redneck means you run your mouth and say things like "I don't take no shit from nobody".  You ignorant f*ck!   :fu:

In 2 years you'll legally be an adult, and men won't go to jail for beatin' the snot out of you.  If you keep up this sh*t head attitude of yours, expect to get your ass kicked quite a few times.    

You don't have the maturity to own a 1969 Charger.  The 1969 Charger is the coolest, baddest muscle car ever... and you're just a little shit who's daddy bought him a car.  I know you said that you paid for part of it, but I don't believe you.  Any money you claim to have put toward the Charger was just given to you by someone else anyway.  No you didn't work all season to save the money.  You're a liar and a cheat and a worthless puke.   :loser:

You're in way over your head and it's obvious you haven't got a clue.  You should sell the Charger and buy a rice burner toyota.  Leave the real cars to the men.

I'm normally a low key guy that keeps to himself out here in the Arizona desert.  I had to speak up because you really pissed me off, when I read this thread and saw the way you spoke to all these great people here.      

Now I'm sure you'll come back with some crying temper tantrum of " wah wah wah", just like you've done this whole post.  I don't care.  Screw off you little f*cker.  If you were 18, I'd punch you right in the face and bust your nose.     :fu: :2guns: :fu:    
High Speed & Low Drag, Baby!
Look me up when you're in AZ.
Arizona Dave