News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Yellow with green top and interior... :scratchchin:  that would be a combo you won't see at every show.  I'd be heavily tempted to go that route if it were mine.

mikesbbody

Ryan, that's a cool charger you have there  :2thumbs: i know alot of guy's wont like me saying this but i say give this young man a break. I know i have pissed a few people off in the past but you move on and get over it (forums are full of opinions) Ryan, dont worry about the whole 500 h.p thing if it is it is if not then who cares? TORQUE is what you want  :yesnod: we all know 500 h.p can be achieved easily with a 440 with or without a stroker
If you want to find out the the dyno is the way to go. Good luck with your charger  :cheers: the last thing i want to see is a young gun leaving the hobby and site. As for your parents they sound cool! take care driving that beast though.

500hp_440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2009, 04:49:39 PM
Yellow with green top and interior... :scratchchin:  that would be a combo you won't see at every show.  I'd be heavily tempted to go that route if it were mine.
Yeah I think I will, but Im going to build up the roof and make it flat like it should be, instead of it being the factory's way to cover bad welds.
Quote from: mikesbbody on January 04, 2009, 06:37:03 PM
Ryan, that's a cool charger you have there  :2thumbs: i know alot of guy's wont like me saying this but i say give this young man a break. I know i have pissed a few people off in the past but you move on and get over it (forums are full of opinions) Ryan, dont worry about the whole 500 h.p thing if it is it is if not then who cares? TORQUE is what you want  :yesnod: we all know 500 h.p can be achieved easily with a 440 with or without a stroker
If you want to find out the the dyno is the way to go. Good luck with your charger  :cheers: the last thing i want to see is a young gun leaving the hobby and site. As for your parents they sound cool! take care driving that beast though.
thanks
Let it alone^.

mikesbbody

WingCharger

Somebody optioned your Charger up to go fast! Axle Package! :woohoo:

defiance

Quote from: General_01 on January 04, 2009, 02:21:04 PM
Quote from: defiance on January 04, 2009, 02:12:35 PM
Guess I was wrong.  Keep at it, guys, if he's legit, you're driving away a new member.  Good job.  Sure, much of the content he's posted have been trash, but we've seen several examples of people who started that way.  Is it really that hard to show some of the maturity and restraint you're ripping on him for lacking?  What he needs here are positive examples.

Even you are questioning his legitimacy, so don't be all high and mighty defiance.

I'm not being high and mighty, I'm just saying be good examples.  I don't think questioning legitimacy is an immature or lacks restraint; at the time it was a completely valid sentiment (with the vin and tag posted I don't think there's cause for that any longer though).  Expressing that by ripping on him, threatening violence, insulting, spouting vulgarity, etc. like some members here have done however, IS immature and DOES lack restraint.  

Ryan, sweet combo.  As far as doing away with the top, I did so with mine, and it came out awesome ---  But mine really isn't much of a value combo.  You might want to consider keeping the top just because of the rarity of the combo you have and the value it represents.  I can't say I know which one I'd do in your shoes, but it would be a tough decision :)

Anyway, good luck, and welcome to the site!  I won't say your behavior so far has been impressive, but as long as you drop the language and personal attacks (doesn't matter who started it, both parties are guilty), you'll find the help you can get here immensely useful!

500hp_440

Quote from: defiance on January 04, 2009, 07:46:44 PM
Quote from: General_01 on January 04, 2009, 02:21:04 PM
Quote from: defiance on January 04, 2009, 02:12:35 PM
Guess I was wrong.  Keep at it, guys, if he's legit, you're driving away a new member.  Good job.  Sure, much of the content he's posted have been trash, but we've seen several examples of people who started that way.  Is it really that hard to show some of the maturity and restraint you're ripping on him for lacking?  What he needs here are positive examples.

Even you are questioning his legitimacy, so don't be all high and mighty defiance.

I'm not being high and mighty, I'm just saying be good examples.  I don't think questioning legitimacy is an immature or lacks restraint; at the time it was a completely valid sentiment (with the vin and tag posted I don't think there's cause for that any longer though).  Expressing that by ripping on him, threatening violence, insulting, spouting vulgarity, etc. like some members here have done however, IS immature and DOES lack restraint.  

Ryan, sweet combo.  As far as doing away with the top, I did so with mine, and it came out awesome ---  But mine really isn't much of a value combo.  You might want to consider keeping the top just because of the rarity of the combo you have and the value it represents.  I can't say I know which one I'd do in your shoes, but it would be a tough decision :)

Anyway, good luck, and welcome to the site!  I won't say your behavior so far has been impressive, but as long as you drop the language and personal attacks (doesn't matter who started it, both parties are guilty), you'll find the help you can get here immensely useful!
i think my car has one of the rarest (as everyone thinks) because of the color combo but heres the numbers
1969 dodge chargers yellow with green vinyl top there were about 350 made (give or take some)
Let it alone^.

C_stripes

Though there have been words said between us;

Just want to say congrats on the car. It is a cool car. I got to say. That color combo is very rare and unique. I would say it would get lots of attention. But man that can't look good. Not dissing on the car. There were some CRAZY colors in the 60's and 70's.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

500hp_440

Quote from: WingCharger on January 04, 2009, 07:39:28 PM
O yeah Posi!!! :cheers:
someone just got mad because its not posi its "Sure grip"
what's the axle name? such as Dana 44 and such
Let it alone^.

WingCharger

The weird thing is that green vinyl on yellow paint with a green interior was a RECOMMENDED combo! :rofl:

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 04, 2009, 07:56:31 PM
:slap: DANA 60!!!

JK :nana: But yeah, its a Dana 60.

500hp_440

Quote from: C_stripes on January 04, 2009, 07:55:09 PM
Though there have been words said between us;

Just want to say congrats on the car. It is a cool car. I got to say. That color combo is very rare and unique. I would say it would get lots of attention. But man that can't look good. Not dissing on the car. There were some CRAZY colors in the 60's and 70's.
Hey man I just want to say sorry to you. :sorry:
Let it alone^.

500hp_440

Quote from: WingCharger on January 04, 2009, 07:57:42 PM
The weird thing is that green vinyl on yellow paint with a green interior was a RECOMMENDED combo! :rofl:

JK :nana:
ooooooooh BIG NUMBERS!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
i wonder how fast my wrangler would go with that axle in the back....... i have a dana 35 with 4:11 gears think it will go a little faster? :icon_smile_big:
Let it alone^.

WingCharger

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 04, 2009, 08:00:47 PM

i wonder how fast my wrangler would go with that axle in the back....... i have a dana 35 with 4:11 gears think it will go a little faster? :icon_smile_big:
The size of the axle has nothing to do with speed, only your gears do. It would probably slow down your wrangler because of the weight. The size just mean it is stronger to handle more power. :cheers:

500hp_440

Quote from: WingCharger on January 04, 2009, 08:01:56 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 04, 2009, 08:00:47 PM

The size of the axle has nothing to do with speed, only your gears do. It would probably slow down your wrangler because of the weight. The size just mean it is stronger to handle more power. :cheers:
noooooo gears, mate
Let it alone^.

Ghoste

Actually, you don't have a Dana in the Charger, it's an 8 3/4 but it's plenty strong enough.  The 3:55 is a great all purpose gearset.

WingCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2009, 08:06:04 PM
Actually, you don't have a Dana in the Charger, it's an 8 3/4 but it's plenty strong enough.  The 3:55 is a great all purpose gearset.
I thought 440's all had Danas. especially ones with the Performance axle. :think:

Wait, that was only 4spds. :brickwall:

500hp_440

how can i find out if my charger was in the nascar circuit?
or is the tranny not right or something?
Let it alone^.

C_stripes

in 69 it would be a daytona or 500. Your car would not have been used for nascar. wrong model.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Ghoste

500hp_440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2009, 08:16:12 PM
What makes you think the trans isn't right?
i was asking if it was in the nascar circuit, and i didnt know if it was wrong for the circuit
Let it alone^.

Ghoste

Oh because of the Dana thing?  No, you have the correct trans and rearend and all of that for it.  Numbers matching is another issue entirely, but I believe you already said it wasn't a numbers matching car.  No big deal, even a fair amount of the numbers matching ones technically aren't.  :icon_smile_wink:

500hp_440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2009, 08:27:45 PM
Oh because of the Dana thing?  No, you have the correct trans and rearend and all of that for it.  Numbers matching is another issue entirely, but I believe you already said it wasn't a numbers matching car.  No big deal, even a fair amount of the numbers matching ones technically aren't.  :icon_smile_wink:
not that
i wanted to know about nascar i dont have the right model, and the transmition it rebuilt new housing so it shouldnt be matching but the axle should be fine
Let it alone^.

Ghoste

You need to crawl under there and get all of the numbers of the trans for us.  In any case, it's a 727 and that is the correct style for your car.

Silver R/T

yours is probably 8 3/4 rear end, easy to check
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722