News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defiance

Must we really rip on every flaw we can find here?  Really?  Sure, they're there, but I thought this site was better than that. :rotz:

Ryan - I'm on the second round restoring my charger -- it also has a 440 -- see this thread if you're interested:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,51861.0.html

And the previous engine build felt pretty awesome, too - but when I dyno'd it, it came to 200-something (can't remember the exact) horses.  I was pretty shocked, that seems NOTHING like what it feels like.  I'm just saying, don't get too caught up on the numbers, get caught up on how badazz it feels when you put your foot on the gas :)  And of course, as many have said, do so when the time and place is right. 

C_stripes

Ryan,  Since you blocked PM's from me.  Here. I will post it for everyone to see.

You know man.  Maybe I was a LITTLE out of line when I said to take a 2x4 to the side of your head. But come on. I know you have more common sense then you are displaying. I apologize for being a little out of line. But to come back and call me a fag and to just sit there a talk shit on all of these guys that have been here for a while. You're crazy!!  If you truly do have that Charger, AWESOME!  But respect these guys. They know so much about these cars and can be a HUGE help to you. But YOU have to RESPECT them. Coming on here and being all hot headed does not get you respect. I am sorry. I know sometimes the truth hurts. But before you blow up and send me a vulgar message back, go read over the whole thread and see who blew up first. Hint.  IT WAS YOU! Starting shit with the guys that have been on this site since day one and others that have been here for a year or so is not a very good way to make friends.  Sure, there are a few nice guys that are trying to talk about the car with you. But even some of them tell you to clean up your attitude. And remember, what you type can be viewed by all. So be careful what you say. Everyone has to earn their respect here. No offence. You have started out the wrong way.  Look at your thread and see how many members are telling you that you are being ridiculous. I have always been taught that if I am having problems with lots of people, I am probably the problem.  Just something to think about! I am not here to make enemies. This is a fun place to go to see all kinds of info and meet lots of cool people. I am sure that if you can get off of that high horse you are on right now, you can be a cool person. But act your age and don't be calling people names. That's lame.
Also, I can see by your age and your knowledge that you are relatively new to the car hobby.  It is a fun hobby. I have been in it since I was 13. But there are certain ethics you need when being around these cars and their owners. If they choose to leave their keys in the car, that is their choice. Leave it alone. NEVER touch some ones car without their permission. BAD IDEA!!  It's okay to brag a little. But man. DON'T LAY IT ON SO THICK!! On these forums, spelling and grammar are very important. If you don't want to spell or write like a white boy. You ARE going to get shit from people!  Members on here don't take lightly to a new guy coming on and starting problems. Everyone gets a little grief at first. That's just how it is. But to come on and start with your attitude is out of line. You even back talked the owner of the site. Come on!  As for what he said about towing backwards. It is dangerous. I don't care how much you think you know about towing. The facts are the facts. If you want to believe that black is white. Fine! But that doesn't mean it's true.   

Good Luck.  I hope that you can put what I said into perspective.
Later, Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

rav440

Quote from: rav440 on January 04, 2009, 10:38:33 AM
that CHARGER looks like a nice project , do you know if its all #s matching ? do you have the fender tag and vin# for it ? how about some info on the 440 ? what heads ? stock or oversized pistons ?

looks like a holley vac 2nd 750 :shruggy: edelbrock CH4B & a mallory unilite distributor and accel wires . if my math is right and from what i have learns on these MOPAR web boards from the guys who know thier stuff , id have to say thats far from a 500 horse power motor .
even with the combo i was going to go with with my 440 , ported/polished  516s 2:14 1:88 , ported /polished holley street dominator , 850 cfm carb custom grind cam 250@50 MSD ignition 8546 distributor and a 7AL2 box with 8.5mm wires my net HP was 550 . and with my new downgraded combo 750 proform carb , voodoo cam , 346 heads 2:14 / 1:81 edelbrock CH4B MSD 8546 distributor and a 6AL box and 8.5mm wires wich is more than what i see here is only going to net me around 425 HP

what are the specs on the 440 ? and what is the VIN # and FENDER TAG # ?  :2thumbs:

:popcrn:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 04, 2009, 12:20:43 PM
Quote from: skip68 on January 04, 2009, 12:08:26 PM
:scratchchin:  Is that spark plug wire routing called cross fire. ?  :shruggy: :icon_smile_big:
its called a before picture, its all run right and i know i need new spark plug wires but hey its roars better then most of em :nana:

Wanna Run em? Its like really stock.  :angel:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Brock Samson

rav440

skip68

:2thumbs:  3rd's to that.  :2thumbs:  This is tickling the funny bone too much to lock just yet.  :smilielol:   So, this is the same kid that had thoughts of steeling the car with keys left in it.   :rotz:   I do think that this should be moved to the Lighter side.  :smilielol:     :scratchchin:  Mr. Brock Sampson has had allot on his mind lately, so if this makes him laugh I say leave it be.  :smilielol: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod: :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

C_stripes

LOL.  Yes.  Leave it for Brock.    .... and the rest of us.  It is rather humorous.

Sublime/Sixpack

As sad as this thread is, I have to say it is entertaining.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

500hp_440

Quote from: C_stripes on January 04, 2009, 12:23:06 PM
Ryan,  Since you blocked PM's from me.  Here. I will post it for everyone to see.

You know man.  Maybe I was a LITTLE out of line when I said to take a 2x4 to the side of your head. But come on. I know you have more common sense then you are displaying. I apologize for being a little out of line. But to come back and call me a fag and to just sit there a talk shit on all of these guys that have been here for a while. You're crazy!!  If you truly do have that Charger, AWESOME!  But respect these guys. They know so much about these cars and can be a HUGE help to you. But YOU have to RESPECT them. Coming on here and being all hot headed does not get you respect. I am sorry. I know sometimes the truth hurts. But before you blow up and send me a vulgar message back, go read over the whole thread and see who blew up first. Hint.  IT WAS YOU! Starting shit with the guys that have been on this site since day one and others that have been here for a year or so is not a very good way to make friends.  Sure, there are a few nice guys that are trying to talk about the car with you. But even some of them tell you to clean up your attitude. And remember, what you type can be viewed by all. So be careful what you say. Everyone has to earn their respect here. No offence. You have started out the wrong way.  Look at your thread and see how many members are telling you that you are being ridiculous. I have always been taught that if I am having problems with lots of people, I am probably the problem.  Just something to think about! I am not here to make enemies. This is a fun place to go to see all kinds of info and meet lots of cool people. I am sure that if you can get off of that high horse you are on right now, you can be a cool person. But act your age and don't be calling people names. That's lame.
Also, I can see by your age and your knowledge that you are relatively new to the car hobby.  It is a fun hobby. I have been in it since I was 13. But there are certain ethics you need when being around these cars and their owners. If they choose to leave their keys in the car, that is their choice. Leave it alone. NEVER touch some ones car without their permission. BAD IDEA!!  It's okay to brag a little. But man. DON'T LAY IT ON SO THICK!! On these forums, spelling and grammar are very important. If you don't want to spell or write like a white boy. You ARE going to get shit from people!  Members on here don't take lightly to a new guy coming on and starting problems. Everyone gets a little grief at first. That's just how it is. But to come on and start with your attitude is out of line. You even back talked the owner of the site. Come on!  As for what he said about towing backwards. It is dangerous. I don't care how much you think you know about towing. The facts are the facts. If you want to believe that black is white. Fine! But that doesn't mean it's true.   

Good Luck.  I hope that you can put what I said into perspective.
Later, Jeremy

i really dont give a crap what anyone thinks
i started this thread to brag no crap, if uve got one of these cars brag ur ass off uve earned it, especially since i didnt try this in another persons thread  :rotz:
dont start on towing, its only dangerous of somethin can fail easily and well it couldnt
u ripped on me first and well u just dont help urself (neither do i)
dont try to cover ripping on me as "help" its bullshit
your 2x4 comment was bullshit too u dont say "ill staighten u out with a 2x4" no that aint right unless u know them if u came up to me and said that id have nailed u
as for who i talk shit to depends on who talks shit to me, i dont care if your the president, pope, or w/e i refuse to take it
so how would u take it someone comes to u n talks shit on ur car? i doubt u take it like u want me too
i type how i want i dont make u read it, u choose to, u dont like it, too bad
if u aint in it dont jump in like u did, if people didnt then this wouldnt be happening right now
Let it alone^.

Manfred318

:smilielol: @ Brock
[rant]
I don't think I can really add anything that hasn't been already said, but I'm gonna speak my peace anyways. After reading through this whole thread I have come to the conclusion that you Ryan (500hp) are a dick. Theres no need to come off that way, what did these people do to you to cause you to be such a dick? You wanted opinions and you got them. Its not their fault that you cant handle them. These people are very helpful, but the more you are a dick the less people are going to have to do with you. You will be avoided like the plague. If you will sit back and chill out you just might learn something and become a decent member around here, but don't come here the first day and start calling names and saying "hey f^*k you" to people. That shit just don't fly. Respect is earned not just a given, and right now you have none in my book. My best advice to you would be calm the hell down, get your head out of your ass and shut your punk mouth.  I think its cool you are 16 and have a Charger. I got mine when I was 15 and have had it ever since. This is a great hobby to be in, but its people like you who give it a bad name.  :soapbox:
[/rant]
Oh and in befo da  :dancinglock:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

rav440

Quote from: rav440 on January 04, 2009, 12:24:37 PM
that CHARGER looks like a nice project , do you know if its all #s matching ? do you have the fender tag and vin# for it ? how about some info on the 440 ? what heads ? stock or oversized pistons ?

looks like a holley vac 2nd 750 :shruggy: edelbrock CH4B & a mallory unilite distributor and accel wires . if my math is right and from what i have learns on these MOPAR web boards from the guys who know thier stuff , id have to say thats far from a 500 horse power motor .
even with the combo i was going to go with with my 440 , ported/polished  516s 2:14 1:88 , ported /polished holley street dominator , 850 cfm carb custom grind cam 250@50 MSD ignition 8546 distributor and a 7AL2 box with 8.5mm wires my net HP was 550 . and with my new downgraded combo 750 proform carb , voodoo cam , 346 heads 2:14 / 1:81 edelbrock CH4B MSD 8546 distributor and a 6AL box and 8.5mm wires wich is more than what i see here is only going to net me around 425 HP

what are the specs on the 440 ? and what is the VIN # and FENDER TAG # ?  :2thumbs:

once again i quote myself

what are the specs on the 440 ? and what is the VIN # and FENDER TAG # ?

C_stripes

LOL at this whole thread.   Does this go in the top ten funniest threads ever?    lol

Like I said about the problems. IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH LOTS OF PEOPLE. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!!!

HAHA  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

500hp_440

Quote from: Manfred318 on January 04, 2009, 01:03:03 PM
:smilielol: @ Brock
[rant]
I don't think I can really add anything that hasn't been already said, but I'm gonna speak my peace anyways. After reading through this whole thread I have come to the conclusion that you Ryan (500hp) are a dick. Theres no need to come off that way, what did these people do to you to cause you to be such a dick? You wanted opinions and you got them. Its not their fault that you cant handle them. These people are very helpful, but the more you are a dick the less people are going to have to do with you. You will be avoided like the plague. If you will sit back and chill out you just might learn something and become a decent member around here, but don't come here the first day and start calling names and saying "hey f^*k you" to people. That shit just don't fly. Respect is earned not just a given, and right now you have none in my book. My best advice to you would be calm the hell down, get your head out of your ass and shut your punk mouth.  I think its cool you are 16 and have a Charger. I got mine when I was 15 and have had it ever since. This is a great hobby to be in, but its people like you who give it a bad name.  :soapbox:
[/rant]
Oh and in befo da  :dancinglock:
and ur a scared douche, fuck you too
Let it alone^.

SFRT

what you need to consider man is that there is a cumulative experience of maybe a couple thousand human years of experience represented by the people on this board, and the advice and opinions are the result of many many Charger builds.This and Moparts represents basically THE school of knowledge and every time I had a question, the advice I got here was spot on, and the 'old timers' have been 100% correct each and every time . I myself am a total raging asshole, but I realized the wisdom here and always always weigh the opinions carefully and the result has been my Charger rebuild has gone smoothly and the car ended up great. Look, read.listen and take the advice and you will end up with a bitchin car that will run great forever.

If you are serious about turning that car into a screaming dream machine, listen to these guys. NO ONE else knows more or is going to be willing to give you real serious advice and info...and its all free of charge.

and believe it or not, basic 'attitude' translates directly into how your build is going to work out.

OR you can 'know better' and turn your car into a turd. your choice.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BB1

Delete my profile

500hp_440

Quote from: rav440 on January 04, 2009, 01:05:32 PM

why? everythings looked up and accurate that i said, im not retyping that fender tag and you cant look these cars up by vin unless theres a new site for it
Let it alone^.

Brock Samson

i know I'm a problem, but mostly to myself...
Hey fivehunert,.. I tell ya' waht  Ill read your posts an u read mine and i bet i beat u...  :horse:

C_stripes

lol. he just showed how much he knows. does it start with XP or XS or WTF?  Its that easy.

skip68

:shruggy: wat u sa'in ?   :shruggy: I aint got no prob witchu com'in hear an talk sheet.  :rotz: cuz i tink it funny. u know what i say'in...   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   It's a good thing that spelling and grammar are not required for a prison carear.  :smilielol:  U NO WAT I SAY'n   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   This little boy must be 10 - 12 yrs.  he can't be 16.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

rav440

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 04, 2009, 01:12:21 PM

why? everythings looked up and accurate that i said, im not retyping that fender tag and you cant look these cars up by vin unless theres a new site for it

WHAT ARE THE SPECS ON YOUR 440 ?

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: what would the parents do?..

perhaps buy him a car so he can kill himself?..   :smilielol:

i'm sorry (but only kind of)  :-\

500hp_440

Quote from: SFRT on January 04, 2009, 01:11:49 PM
what you need to consider man is that there is a cumulative experience of maybe a couple thousand human years of experience represented by the people on this board, and the advice and opinions are the result of many many Charger builds.This and Moparts represents basically THE school of knowledge and every time I had a question, the advice I got here was spot on, and the 'old timers' have been 100% correct each and every time . I myself am a total raging asshole, but I realized the wisdom here and always always weigh the opinions carefully and the result has been my Charger rebuild has gone smoothly and the car ended up great. Look, read.listen and take the advice and you will end up with a bitchin car that will run great forever.

If you are serious about turning that car into a screaming dream machine, listen to these guys. NO ONE else knows more or is going to be willing to give you real serious advice and info...and its all free of charge.

and believe it or not, basic 'attitude' translates directly into how your build is going to work out.

OR you can 'know better' and turn your car into a turd. your choice.
its all being done right if it doesnt work then ill scrap the idea ruin the car and make it a drag car like i was gonna do originally
Let it alone^.

tan top

:wave: hello (500hp _440)  awesome charger project  :coolgleamA:
looks like your 69 R/T SE   is the same color as mine  ..... i got mine when i was 17  .....   is it the original color , did it have a vinyl top , interior color ???  would like to see a picture of the fender tag , to see what color combo it is  :popcrn:
have you registered the car with Chris at the 69 registey

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html