News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on March 01, 2009, 10:43:06 AM
Judging from all the replies I think I made some sparks fly.

If you really think this kid is bad then that is you but don't hate on me or my generation for that matter because of a small group of people.  :2thumbs:
Don't attack me I have not done anything bad.  I am "earning my stripes" I have a Charger - I am restoring it, I know alot and I have learned alot. I was just putting in my  :Twocents: of a logical explination, but not the only one. :yesnod:

That is great. Keep at it and good luck.  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

426HemiCharger

Now if only we ALL had that  much understanding with each other in this thread. :icon_smile_big:
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

rav440

If you really think this kid is bad then that is you but don't hate on me or my generation for that matter because of a small group of people.  :2thumbs:
Don't attack me I have not done anything bad.  I am "earning my stripes" I have a Charger - I am restoring it, I know alot and I have learned alot. I was just putting in my  :Twocents: of a logical explination, but not the only one. :yesnod:

i dont think RYAN is BAD . he just  does not listen and has a fool mouth and 0 respect .

as for you , im not attacking you . but think before you type something that will be quoted and cant take back your statement you made was beyond STUPID and noway even near LOGICAL . save your  :Twocents: for your CHARGER that you think we are  jealous of .  :flame:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

426HemiCharger

Easy now, I am not like Ryan. Before anyone overreacts we can talkthings out clearly and orderly. :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

General_01

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on March 01, 2009, 10:55:09 AM
Now if only we ALL had that  much understanding with each other in this thread. :icon_smile_big:

To be honest, everyone here is understanding. I beleive that you jumped into the waters on this thread without knowing the whole story. Ryan is probably an OK kid in person, but on this board he has shown no humility, and very little respect for others. That is why people have a problem with him. Not because he is 16 and has a Charger.

I saw your post of your Charger in the "Post your ride" thread. Looks like a very nice project. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

426HemiCharger

You are right that I just jumped in nievely, I mainly attribute it to reading this a 1AM.  Thanks, I can't believe my Charger looks so good in such disrepair.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Sublime/Sixpack

Heres food for thought; take a good look at how many times you used the words "my", "me", and "I" in your post. Think about it.  Does that tell you anything?  Sound like anyone else in this thread?

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

426HemiCharger

:rotz: If you misunderstood it but it was to acknowledge the I take responsibility for what I say. 
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

jb666

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on March 01, 2009, 11:19:02 AM
:rotz: If you misunderstood it but it was to acknowledge the I take responsibility for what I say. 

I am curious about something.. Didn't you get your car from HLPAG/Hans?

426HemiCharger

1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

jb666

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on March 01, 2009, 11:26:46 AM
The one and only. Why?

Well I've been wondering why, if he screwed you so bad you didn't bring it right back there and force him to refund your $$??

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I just noticed you were from Illinois . How far are you from Han's shop, physically??

I had a buddy that got screwed by Hans.. He sent a few friends over there to 'talk' to Hans and had his $$ back in 24 hours.

426HemiCharger

I would say 12 miles.  I wanted to prove that more than " a polished turd" can come from HLPAG if you put in some elbow grease. :2thumbs:

If you want to talk to me about my HLPAG car then we can tlk in my thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52928.msg583236.html#msg583236
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

jb666

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on March 01, 2009, 11:30:06 AM
I would say 12 miles.  I wanted to prove that more than " a polished turd" can come from HLPAG if you put in some elbow grease. :2thumbs:

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought you were upset with your dealings with HLPAG. My bad.  :cheers:

426HemiCharger

That's no biggie we all misunderstand things at times.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

The70RT

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on March 01, 2009, 11:36:14 AM

You haven't read all the pages. When the kid asked for advise he lashed out when we told him how it needed to be done.

Quote from: jb666 on March 01, 2009, 11:34:11 AM

Why would you want to PROVE any thing for Hans? Do you hang out with him or something.  You are one of the lucky ones if your car is not a hack job....or they got it that way and didn't have time to F-it up.
Oh, I misunderstood, I thought you were upset with your dealings with HLPAG. My bad.  :cheers:

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

426HemiCharger

I don't want to prove anything FOR him but TO the people who think ALL HLPAG car are turds.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Ghoste

I want to jump in here too and address a few things about the generation gap.  First, make no mistake, my parents NEVER gave me a car and they also NEVER let me drive their subcompact to school.  I had to buy my own damned car and insure it and figure it out.  And yes, these cars were a lot cheaper in the 70's but keep in mind that I was only making 1.75 an hour and I sure wasn't getting anything from my folks.  When I first moved out of my parents house because I knew everything, there were several weekends where my choice was to skip a few meals and buy gas or let the car sit and fill my belly each day for a change.  It was always a balancing act and the fact that cars were cheaper then didn't really fiugre into it much.  It's just as wrong to label my generation as it is for us to label you but in Ryans case he worehis colors right out there for the world.  I was one of the early ones to jump on him but I was also one of the ones who tried to give him a chance.  I didn't realize he was carrying on after that and now I'm kind of just glad I left the thread alone.
So don't defend him because he's the same age as you, defend him because you think his actions are right but I have to say that from what I've read he wasn't attacked because of his age, he was being chastised for his actions.

The70RT

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on March 01, 2009, 12:03:07 PM
I don't want to prove anything FOR him but TO the people who think ALL HLPAG car are turds.

Ma MoPar made all the cars. It just depends on what happened to them in the 40 years before Hans got it. If it came in a POS it leaves as a POS. I am sure some nice ones came in and were robbed of the better parts and left as POS too. So hopefully you got lucky. By the way I got mine when I was 17. I paid 38.00 a month for it till I got it paid for.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on March 01, 2009, 12:06:01 PM
I want to jump in here too and address a few things about the generation gap.  First, make no mistake, my parents NEVER gave me a car and they also NEVER let me drive their subcompact to school.  I had to buy my own damned car and insure it and figure it out.  And yes, these cars were a lot cheaper in the 70's but keep in mind that I was only making 1.75 an hour and I sure wasn't getting anything from my folks.  When I first moved out of my parents house because I knew everything, there were several weekends where my choice was to skip a few meals and buy gas or let the car sit and fill my belly each day for a change.  It was always a balancing act and the fact that cars were cheaper then didn't really fiugre into it much.  It's just as wrong to label my generation as it is for us to label you but in Ryans case he worehis colors right out there for the world.  I was one of the early ones to jump on him but I was also one of the ones who tried to give him a chance.  I didn't realize he was carrying on after that and now I'm kind of just glad I left the thread alone.
So don't defend him because he's the same age as you, defend him because you think his actions are right but I have to say that from what I've read he wasn't attacked because of his age, he was being chastised for his actions.

Well said  :cheers: :cheers:

I tried to help the kid out a couple of times and he got defensive. Once was something simple like showing him how to post an image. He thought I was stealing the images and putting them in my Photobucket account. I gave up after that. We were all young once, but most of us learned to appreciate things.

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on March 01, 2009, 11:59:09 AM
Quote from: 426HemiCharger on March 01, 2009, 11:36:14 AM

You haven't read all the pages. When the kid asked for advise he lashed out when we told him how it needed to be done.

Quote from: jb666 on March 01, 2009, 11:34:11 AM

Why would you want to PROVE any thing for Hans? Do you hang out with him or something.  You are one of the lucky ones if your car is not a hack job....or they got it that way and didn't have time to F-it up.

Yeah, that's what I didn't get either..  Sounded to me like a defense for Hans, it's the only reason I brought it up.

Ghoste

Don't even want to touch that, I remember Hans coming on the old site and acting like a Ryan/Schubert combo so it would take a LOT of proof before I ever had anything positive to say about that jackass.

426HemiCharger

1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Ghoste

Neither, I mean that in any thread sticking up for Hans I default to being a HUGE skeptic.  That isn't a slam on you, it's about him.

426HemiCharger

Okay cool, I agree Hans is a problem I am not  :o that other hate him.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on March 01, 2009, 12:06:01 PM

NOW, I can once again TOTALLY agree with you Ghoste (as usual), and the world is right again! :cheers: Thanks buddy, I thought we had lost our "cosmic rythim" for a moment. :icon_smile_wink: