News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreman72

how can u keep messing this up man :lol:

ok just get rid of the http:// in the front and you'll be good
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

500hp_440

1 more time and I quit, I'll just duct tape and bondo them if this doesn't work!!!
Insert Quote
viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction-viewImage&friendID=384484152&albumID=889212&imageID=14366220#a=889212&i=14388066

http://[img]http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction-viewImage&friendID=384484152&albumID=889212&imageID=14366220#a=889212&i=14388066[/img]
--viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction-viewImage&friendID=384484152&albumID=889212&imageID=14366220#a=889212&i=14388066--
----
Let it alone^.

500hp_440

Quote from: Foreman72 on February 16, 2009, 10:07:13 PM
how can u keep messing this up man :lol:

ok just get rid of the http:// in the front and you'll be good
U LIE, like a rug!!!
they come back!!!! :brickwall:
Let it alone^.

Manfred318

Here...it goes sumthin like this... :yesnod:
img]www.link.image.com/Your image link goes here.jpg[/img]

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

TUFCAT

Oye Vey!! :oye:

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?  :eek2: 

Do you live under power lines :confused:

Foreman72

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 16, 2009, 11:45:22 PM
Oye Vey!! :oye:

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?  :eek2: 

Do you live under power lines :confused:

:smilielol:
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

FLG

rav440

did somebody get mad , take their football and go home ?  :shruggy: :D
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

TUFCAT

I emailed him and got a return email.... I sure didn't expect his lack of humility :down:

Here's a "choice selection" of the response:

"Some a**hole got me banned.  I'm thinking it was {member name 1} or {member name 2} both of them are {expletive deleted}".

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Troy

He got banned for 2 whole days over a week ago. The only person he should be blaming is himself. Obviously he didn't learn anything from the experience. :eyes:

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C_stripes

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 27, 2009, 08:29:35 PM
I emailed him and got a return email.... I sure didn't expect his lack of humility :down:

"Some a**hole got me banned.  I'm thinking it was {member name 1} or {member name 2} both of them are {expletive deleted}".

am I one of the members?
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

teamroth

Quote from: C_stripes on February 27, 2009, 10:00:55 PM

am I one of the members?

Jeremy I should get you banned for your flashing GREEN DAY gif, lol
that things is distracting....
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Aero426

Quote from: teamroth on February 27, 2009, 11:03:04 PM

The new ones are even more annoying than the old one.    Nothing personal, but all that animated flashing crap distracts from whatever you are trying to say.    

captnsim

I agree  :eek2: All that flashing gonna give someone a seizure 

C_stripes

Quote from: C_stripes on February 27, 2009, 10:00:55 PM

am I one of the members?

Quote from: DougSchellinger on February 27, 2009, 11:19:13 PM

The new ones are even more annoying than the old one.    Nothing personal, but all that animated flashing crap distracts from whatever you are trying to say.   
Quote from: captnsim on February 27, 2009, 11:42:53 PM
I agree  :eek2: All that flashing gonna give someone a seizure 

Okay okay okay.  Is this better?  :cheers:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

rav440

Quote from: Troy on February 27, 2009, 09:31:08 PM
He got banned for 2 whole days over a week ago. The only person he should be blaming is himself. Obviously he didn't learn anything from the experience. :eyes:

Troy

TROY , maybe you should have typed the message slower so he would understand it was only 2 days .  :icon_smile_big:

as far as that kid ever accepting blame . it will never happen ! it will always be the other guys fault !
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Foreman72

i was wondering why this thread wasn't showing up in my new replies...hm...well...i hope he returns (if he does) with a bit more of everything he was lacking...
Eric "Foreman"

Ghoste

Yeah, I'd like to see him finish the car and it seemed like he was heading in the right direction there.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on February 28, 2009, 09:37:45 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see him finish the car and it seemed like he was heading in the right direction there.

With all due respect to Ghoste, I disagree with you. Not to  :stirthepot: here, but nobody should encourage a kid to hack up a car, without direction, proper focus, and means to complete. He was heading down the WRONG DIRECTION, and I would NOT like to see the "finished version" of this car. He bit off WAY MORE than he could chew and the car "deserves" a proper restoration. It was already on its way to becoming a hack-job. Sorry to offend all the bleeding hearts, but it's true!!

I admit the kid seems to have ambition, but totally lacks the skills, ability, and financial means of completing a car like this. If he was building a dirt track car, or demolition derby project, that's one thing....but completing a total restoration (something to be proud of) takes time, talent and loads of money.

Here's one example.....the interior is gutted, and I'm pretty sure he'll have no idea where all the tiny clips go, whether all the parts and pieces are there, and if so, how to assemble all these parts on the car.  It would take an expert many, many hours to complete such a project, and would be very costly.

My second problem is there seems to be no parental guidance. How can a high-school student even find time to devote to such a project?  This is huge distraction for a young kid in school. This is not impossible task....but for a 16 year old (who wants to rush the build, on a shoe-string budget) its very unlikely to ever be completed.

I hate to be a downer again, but for all the beeding hearts out there, let's face reality.....  I never heard about a Father, Step-Father, "Father Figure", or "responsible adult" being involved to offer financial support, or guidance towards building the car.  He should realize he's over his head, sell the car, SAVE MONEY, and buy a more completed car later on in life.

:Twocents: :Twocents:

Ghoste

I thought he had been steered away from hacking the car but I pretty much quit following the thread about 30 pages ago.  Thats what I get huh?

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on February 28, 2009, 10:50:44 AM
I thought he had been steered away from hacking the car but I pretty much quit following the thread about 30 pages ago.  Thats what I get huh?

It's okay buddy, we still love you.  :grouphug: