News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Hauling most of your life?  You've been licenced since last October so as much as I would like kneel before your awesome experience,...  oh never mind, this is a train wreck.

Attitude is personality you don't mess with?   Right, okay, maybe someday you'll even be president.

SFRT

make sure to post your progress pics as you build the car!

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

500hp_440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2009, 02:05:16 AM
Hauling most of your life?  You've been licenced since last October so as much as I would like kneel before your awesome experience,...  oh never mind, this is a train wreck.

Attitude is personality you don't mess with?   Right, okay, maybe someday you'll even be president.
dude its 2 am here im half asleep ive been hauling as in ive been in the rig hauling not driving
and just laugh at the other part
Let it alone^.

500hp_440

Quote from: SFRT on January 04, 2009, 02:06:30 AM
make sure to post your progress pics as you build the car!

i cant post pics for some reason ill post them on myspace
im gonna try to shoot a video tomarrow
Let it alone^.

C_stripes

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  He's been hauling most his life.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  That's rich.  Are you not only 16? I don't know of any state that lets you drive before 15. So I am guessing that you might have only driven for maybe two years??   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

When does it stop?

I could haul a Peterbuilt upside down all around anywhere with my Dodge dully.

P.S.   I give slack where it is deserved. But if somebody calls me a faggot, I don't believe that they deserve any slack.   And there is no excuse for being plain arrogant!
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Silver R/T

I'd like to see car on dyno, then we will know its actual 500hp. You must realize that you will be losing 20-30% of power through drivetrain so even if it it 500hp you'll be lucky to see 375sh at the wheels.
Dodge uses sure-grip, not "posi". Posi is chevy term and most Mopar owners don't use that term.
I hope you have lots of money cause restoring a Charger is not like restoring Chevy and you'll be out thousands of dollars real quick for just little parts. Ive owned my Charger for over 7 years now and it's still nowhere done.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Ryan, I understand you're young and full of piss and vinegar but just a small amount of humility and respect would go a long way.  I am not talking down to you or preaching (I'm sure it reads that way but I'm not).  The towing thing, driving a vehicle with a trailer is LOT different than riding with someone.  Even if they are telling you all their secrets, it is still NOT the same.  I've flown a hundred times or more and I have no intention of ever telling a pilot that I know what he does and that I could do it.  I've been driving nearly twice as long as you've been alive Ryan and there is not a year go by that I don't discover something new behind the wheel.  I don't say this to lecture but to hopefully get you to slow down and open your mind and you'll enjoy your driving experiences a lot more.
That's it.  Enjoy the car and hopefully it's better from here on out.

SFRT

if the rest of the drivetrain, brakes and suspension not to mention lil things like wiring and so on are in the same shape as whats in the pictures....15 grand and a year, minimum, to get it to drive more than a mile without imploding.

500 at the flywheel and 100% streetable day in day out...3 years, 20 grand maybe more. painted, with an interior....30 grand add on another year....

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Silver R/T

with that Fram oil filter on there I don't see how it will hold 500hp for very long.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

C_stripes

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 04, 2009, 02:20:58 AM
with that Fram oil filter on there I don't see how it will hold 500hp for very long.

Not a fan of fram filters either I see.  I lost a brand new 318 a few years ago to a faulty fram. They told me to have 2 ASE cert techs fill out a form they sent me that the filter was the cause of failure and then send the filter in with the paper work. Needless to say. It wasn't their fault and they were not going to take care of it.  All well. I will never use fram on anything again. Not even a lawn mower.

Now back to the previous show.

skip68

In case anyone wonders why insurance rates are so high for male drivers under 21 years old, THIS IS THE PRIME REASON.   :rotz: ::) :eyes:  Is this the same kid that was talking about steeling a car on another thread?   :shruggy:  I think his parents should be informed of his way of thinking.  :yesnod:  Being young and thinking you know everything is one thing.  :-\   But being young and full of anger is another.  :rotz:  Don't be so quick to snap on members here 500hp.  :rotz:   Respect is earned and if you want it then you need to earn it.  :yesnod:  If you come on here posting like a punk then you will get treated like a punk.  :shruggy:   What's the point of that.   :shruggy:  You are kicking your own ass here and you don't even know it.  :smilielol:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68 CHARGER R/T

i've been a member since 05. every now and then i post questions .take my word for it  :yesnod: respect these old timers on here you will learn alot from them.  :Twocents:

Tilar

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 03, 2009, 11:58:26 PM
im not being a dick u just pulled a douche bag
u want to talk shit come down here in a few months and put ur money where your mouth is, you dont have the title or even a pic of the engine, so dont start
u get high hp with new cam, pistons, bording out the engine, im not sure what they did i just know itll put big mouths **cough cough** in there place
ill meet u in daytona open strip night, dont ask i wont race for pinks, loser pays for both admition, full tank of fuel, and a new set of rubber in the back
im done with this unless ur lookin for directions

Confusious say: Don't let bulldog mouth overload hummingbird ass.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Hemidog

WingCharger

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Hemidog on January 04, 2009, 08:09:12 AM
Wow, what a nice thread...
Oh my God. :o  This is one of those few threads that I actually read the whole thing.  My thoughts?  Good bye, I don't want no part of it. Geez.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BB1

Delete my profile

500hp_440

i may sound like an arrogent asshole with a sky high way to think of myself
but im not
untill someone screws around and pisses me off and i know yall are the same way so dont try to disagree
but if u dont like me hey  :fu:
but to everyone else  :nixon:
Let it alone^.

WingCharger

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 04, 2009, 10:08:01 AM
but im not
untill someone screws around and pisses me off and i know yall are the same way so dont try to disagree

It aint bad around here. I don't even have a Charger and I hang out without much trouble. :yesnod:
Just listen to the old timers. :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 04, 2009, 10:08:01 AM
but im not

Here is an idea: If you dont like the people here and you dont feel welcome, Maybe you should just come back when you grow up a little.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

rav440

that CHARGER looks like a nice project , do you know if its all #s matching ? do you have the fender tag and vin# for it ? how about some info on the 440 ? what heads ? stock or oversized pistons ?

looks like a holley vac 2nd 750 :shruggy: edelbrock CH4B & a mallory unilite distributor and accel wires . if my math is right and from what i have learns on these MOPAR web boards from the guys who know thier stuff , id have to say thats far from a 500 horse power motor .
even with the combo i was going to go with with my 440 , ported/polished  516s 2:14 1:88 , ported /polished holley street dominator , 850 cfm carb custom grind cam 250@50 MSD ignition 8546 distributor and a 7AL2 box with 8.5mm wires my net HP was 550 . and with my new downgraded combo 750 proform carb , voodoo cam , 346 heads 2:14 / 1:81 edelbrock CH4B MSD 8546 distributor and a 6AL box and 8.5mm wires wich is more than what i see here is only going to net me around 425 HP
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Brock Samson

THAT'S THE MOST AWESOME SPARK PLUG ROUTING i'VE EVER SEEN!  :yesnod:

C_stripes

skip68

:scratchchin:  Is that spark plug wire routing called cross fire. ?  :shruggy: :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

500hp_440

Quote from: skip68 on January 04, 2009, 12:08:26 PM
:scratchchin:  Is that spark plug wire routing called cross fire. ?  :shruggy: :icon_smile_big:
its called a before picture, its all run right and i know i need new spark plug wires but hey its roars better then most of em :nana:
Let it alone^.