News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car (re-named from my parents....)

Started by 500hp_440, January 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

For a new kid, you sure think you know allot. How about you put YOUR money,  Or I guess I should say YOUR MOMMY'S money where your mouth is and come race some of these guys that DO know what they are talking about instead of being a total little jackass. Your 16 and your trying to fight with people that are much more knowledgeable about these cars than you could ever hope to be.  I agree. Its sad when stupid ass's like yourself get these cool old muscle cars and kill them self's in them. Makes one less car for the rest of us. I highly doubt its a REAL R/T SE and I bet that it is your DADDY'S car.

Just a warning.   Don't be dissin the old timers of the site. If you want help from these guys, who are very much a help to the hobby. I would take a two by four to the side of your head and have an attitude adjustment.  Then I would come back and apologize and start over. 

NEWBs.  ::) ::) ::)
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Brock Samson

are my parents mental nut cases or just flippin awsome?

well i think that question has been answered...  :2thumbs:

500hp_440

Quote from: terrible one on January 04, 2009, 12:11:03 AM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 03, 2009, 11:58:26 PM
Quote from: terrible one on January 03, 2009, 11:46:58 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 03, 2009, 11:29:18 PM
Quote from: terrible one on January 03, 2009, 11:26:51 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 03, 2009, 11:04:46 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2009, 11:02:28 PM
Posi is a Chevy term, we still like our Sure Grips but it's all semantics I suppose.  How about some pics?  What about the engine combo, where did you come up with the 500 hp figure?
and o well all i know is it leave 2 nice black lines

How do you know? It doesn't look like it's running?
limited slip doesnt burn rubber, and try u dont need a calculator for this add high horsepower and torque to posi traction (or wtf u want to call it) and it equals long straight lines

Woah hold up there player. Don't come off being a dick to me. Limited slip doesn't burn rubber? WTF? How does it leave two nice black lines then? And if you want to try talking shit, then how do you even come up with a high horsepower figure when the engine is sitting there unhooked, with cut spark plug wires, and anything new and nice on it has overspray from the rattlecan job?
im not being a dick u just pulled a douche bag
u want to talk shit come down here in a few months and put ur money where your mouth is, you dont have the title or even a pic of the engine, so dont start
u get high hp with new cam, pistons, bording out the engine, im not sure what they did i just know itll put big mouths **cough cough** in there place
ill meet u in daytona open strip night, dont ask i wont race for pinks, loser pays for both admition, full tank of fuel, and a new set of rubber in the back
im done with this unless ur lookin for directions

I have nothing to compare to a 500 horsepower 440, I'm sorry. I don't know why I need the title to your car, but I do have a picture of your engine, from the link that you posted a few posts ago. In those pictures at least, the engine is sitting there uncomplete and looks far from fresh. I know how to get high horsepower, but when you say that you're "not sure what they did" and the engine looks like it had a rattlecan job over factory orange paint, it's entirely possible that you're mistaken.

Once again, I'm only going by the picture you provided.
thanks thats much nicer
im going off of what i was told by the last owner (he didnt sell me the car so no reason to lie) it roars like a beast and is only missing an air filter, 2 belts, cooling system and 3 wires
i was told in miama i have the biggest purple cam the can fit and somethin about the pistons
my bad that pictures old, ive done work since then
Let it alone^.

SFRT

hey Brock when you coming over and getting your Chiselers plaque?
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

C_stripes

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: i'LL RACE BOSS BALLER BACKWARDS IN THE MOTORHOME...  THEN I WILL TRULY HAVE EARNED MY PLAQUE. BUT MY DENTIST TELLS ME PLAQUE IS BAD...  :shruggy:
OOOH OOOH OOOH WHEN YOU SEE IT WHY YOU'LL SHIT BRICKS!!!  :lol:

SFRT

sheeee-iiit. I got 225 CUBES of pure Mopar MADNESS pumpin thruogh my 3 on the TREE baby!

Lets get it ON! 98 RWHP!!!!!!!!
Always Drive Responsibly

500hp_440

I DIDNT MAKE THIS TO START SHIT SO STOP
take it else where im not makin anything up, its my car, my money, my parent garage, and uhals trailor, u dont beileve u then too bad i dint make u click the link :nono: :fu: :soapbox: :cussing:
Let it alone^.

C_stripes

OOOOO,  I just go a personal message from him. Hes a big old bad ass.  Here it is so everyone can see how mature he really is.

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 04, 2009, 12:21:40 AM
hey fuck you
dont start shit u dont belong in
my dad drives a 04 excursion he wouldnt do a valve job let alone a complete restoration
ud take a 2x4 to my head try to say sorry and get ur head pulverized by a tire iron
sorry i dont take bull shit from faggots lightly
id suggest u stop u wont win and neither will i

Thanks dude.  Welcome to the site.  I doubt you'll last long. :2thumbs:

And for the record,  these guys are my friends and I will back them up. So you go dissin my friends, Then I do belong in it!!!!

viper r/t

Quote from: C_stripes on January 04, 2009, 12:26:19 AM
OOOOO,  I just go a personal message from him. Hes a big old bad ass.  Here it is so everyone can see how mature he really is.

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 04, 2009, 12:21:40 AM
hey fuck you
dont start shit u dont belong in
my dad drives a 04 excursion he wouldnt do a valve job let alone a complete restoration
ud take a 2x4 to my head try to say sorry and get ur head pulverized by a tire iron
sorry i dont take bull shit from faggots lightly
id suggest u stop u wont win and neither will i

Thanks dude.  Welcome to the site.  I doubt you'll last long. :2thumbs:

And for the record,  these guys are my friends and I will back them up. So you go dissin my friends, Then I do belong in it!!!!

wow,, he told u  :smilielol:
oh yea forgot 2 say welcome 2 the site from another teenager  ::)

SFRT

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 04, 2009, 12:19:09 AM
:scratchchin: i'LL RACE BOSS BALLER BACKWARDS IN THE MOTORHOME...  THEN I WILL TRULY HAVE EARNED MY PLAQUE. BUT MY DENTIST TELLS ME PLAQUE IS BAD...  :shruggy:
OOOH OOOH OOOH WHEN YOU SEE IT WHY YOU'LL SHIT BRICKS!!!  :lol:

so you finally finished installing the ground effects kit, wing and twin turbos?
Always Drive Responsibly

Ghoste

Well now I know whats driven some of the other posts.  As I slide in before the lock all I can say is (and why does this sound familiar?) punctuation, capitalization, and proper sentence structure boys and girls.  Paying attention in school is gonna take you far.  ;)
It's all good young gun, it's all good.

C_stripes

Speaking of the lock, how soon do you think that will be?    :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :2guns: :2guns:

defiance

Guys, come on.

New guy is excited about his car, and it's a car with AMAZING potential.  He earned some of the chaff you're all giving him, sure, but he's 16 and you know you earned your share then too.  Lay off and get some perspective, please.  Think about all the people that have been driven off moparts - and even a few from this site - because they made a few mistakes and got torn up in the thread.  Cory (or Cody? 69bronzet5?  you guys know who I mean anyway) is a good productive member mostly because he developed thick skin after making a few mistakes starting out himself.  New members putting their heart and soul into beautiful chargers is never a bad thing, so maybe you guys can turn the criticism a bit positive?

500hp_440 - what can we call you?  first name, nickname, something - that screen name is a bit awkward to verbalize :)
Anyway - your car is a beautiful project, man.  Be patient with it, do it right, and take care of it.  And keep in mind, there is a time and a place to put the pedal down, and a time to kick back and cruise.  
But you really are getting out of line.  that PM, for example, is way past it.  Stop before you burn bridges on this site, apologize, and try to move on postiviely.  And keep in mind - this board is an amazing resource.  There are a lot of people here who knew more about 69 chargers when you or I were born than we do now.  Some of them can get a bit crotchety :P, but a lot of these guys really do know their stuff.  For example - 500 hp out of a non-stroked normally aspirated 440 is a pretty tall order.  It is possible, but looking at the pics, it's pretty unlikely - the dual plane manifold, for example, would be extremely out of place in that kind of build, and the cam would have to be aggressive enough to be difficult to drive on the street (high idle, really lopey, etc).  A lot of people use the term "500 horses" to sell a car, and so the public's perception of just how much power that is has become really skewed.  My rule of thumb: when someone hasn't dyno'd their car, take the hp number they report and multiply it by 70% and you're probably in the ball park - if they're being sincere.  That doesn't change the fact that it's a helluva lot of power, but 500 hp is probably pulling your leg a bit.

73ChargerSE

Can't we all just get along?  :grouphug:  

Welcome to the site buddy :icon_smile_blackeye:  :rotz:

P.S. Don't go wrap that car around a pole, you'll be giving us young guns an even worse reputation.

General_01

I'd say your parents should sell that car and use the money for a tutor. LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!!! It is so sad seeing young kids like this who will never do more than bag groceries. Grow up young gun.

Also, if you drive your other vehicle the way you say you do, than I would say that yes, your parents are nut cases for letting you get a car with more than 4 cylinders.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

500hp_440

Quote from: defiance on January 04, 2009, 12:57:18 AM
Guys, come on.

New guy is excited about his car, and it's a car with AMAZING potential.  He earned some of the chaff you're all giving him, sure, but he's 16 and you know you earned your share then too.  Lay off and get some perspective, please.  Think about all the people that have been driven off moparts - and even a few from this site - because they made a few mistakes and got torn up in the thread.  Cory (or Cody? 69bronzet5?  you guys know who I mean anyway) is a good productive member mostly because he developed thick skin after making a few mistakes starting out himself.  New members putting their heart and soul into beautiful chargers is never a bad thing, so maybe you guys can turn the criticism a bit positive?

500hp_440 - what can we call you?  first name, nickname, something - that screen name is a bit awkward to verbalize :)
Anyway - your car is a beautiful project, man.  Be patient with it, do it right, and take care of it.  And keep in mind, there is a time and a place to put the pedal down, and a time to kick back and cruise.  
But you really are getting out of line.  that PM, for example, is way past it.  Stop before you burn bridges on this site, apologize, and try to move on postiviely.  And keep in mind - this board is an amazing resource.  There are a lot of people here who knew more about 69 chargers when you or I were born than we do now.  Some of them can get a bit crotchety :P, but a lot of these guys really do know their stuff.  For example - 500 hp out of a non-stroked normally aspirated 440 is a pretty tall order.  It is possible, but looking at the pics, it's pretty unlikely - the dual plane manifold, for example, would be extremely out of place in that kind of build, and the cam would have to be aggressive enough to be difficult to drive on the street (high idle, really lopey, etc).  A lot of people use the term "500 horses" to sell a car, and so the public's perception of just how much power that is has become really skewed.  My rule of thumb: when someone hasn't dyno'd their car, take the hp number they report and multiply it by 70% and you're probably in the ball park - if they're being sincere.  That doesn't change the fact that it's a helluva lot of power, but 500 hp is probably pulling your leg a bit.
thanks my names Ryan and i was told 375 when i bought it
i didnt hear 500 till 3 months after i bought her i went down to miami to get the title signed over and the old owner told me 500hp, if u heard it fire youd know its nowhere near stock, i didnt mention it before but she used to have a 3000rpm torque converter so it was set up for the strip which was when it was all rusted out then saved and so and and so forth
i never got a test drive so im antsy to see what she do i have a feelin i wont make it home on the tires it came with, if you restored a car u know how it feels
Let it alone^.

cpthowdy1369

Personally, I would not have given my 16 year old son such a sweet high powered machine.  I know I did some stupid things in my mom's car at 16 that almost got me killed.  Thats just my  :Twocents:
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

500hp_440

Quote from: General_01 on January 04, 2009, 01:06:18 AM
I'd say your parents should sell that car and use the money for a tutor. LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!!! It is so sad seeing young kids like this who will never do more than bag groceries. Grow up young gun.

Also, if you drive your other vehicle the way you say you do, than I would say that yes, your parents are nut cases for letting you get a car with more than 4 cylinders.
if u have a problem with my spelling sorry
noone made you read this or click on it
Let it alone^.

500hp_440

Quote from: cpthowdy1369 on January 04, 2009, 01:26:04 AM
Personally, I would not have given my 16 year old son such a sweet high powered machine.  I know I did some stupid things in my mom's car at 16 that almost got me killed.  Thats just my  :Twocents:
noone gave me this car i cant stress it enough i bought it they just allowed me to
it was this or a new $80k dodge truck that id be trear the crap out of in the woods everyday instead i do it with my jeep
but hey man nothings safer then 4 wheel drum brakes and radial drag slicks :2thumbs:
Let it alone^.

General_01

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 04, 2009, 01:32:38 AM
Quote from: General_01 on January 04, 2009, 01:06:18 AM

if u have a problem with my spelling sorry
noone made you read this or click on it

Nope. No one made me do it. You did ask for opinions though. I gave you mine. If you don't like opinions, don't ask for them.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Troy

Geez, I can't freaking read this. I believe some part of that mess says the car will leave two black marks but the pictures show that there are no brakes, no coil wire, no radiator/fan/belts, and the throttle linkage isn't hooked up. My guess is that it had to be pushed onto the trailer which is probably why it's on backwards. Speaking of that, it's incredibly dangerous to tow a big block car backwards on a U-Haul trailer because all the weight is behind the trailer axles. I can't say I'm real surprised though...

You certainly have a lot of attitude for a newbie with such limited knowledge. :pity:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

500hp_440

Quote from: Troy on January 04, 2009, 01:46:12 AM
Geez, I can't freaking read this. I believe some part of that mess says the car will leave two black marks but the pictures show that there are no brakes, no coil wire, no radiator/fan/belts, and the throttle linkage isn't hooked up. My guess is that it had to be pushed onto the trailer which is probably why it's on backwards. Speaking of that, it's incredibly dangerous to tow a big block car backwards on a U-Haul trailer because all the weight is behind the trailer axles. I can't say I'm real surprised though...

You certainly have a lot of attitude for a newbie with such limited knowledge. :pity:

Troy

hey bud few things all your respect,  :yesnod:
what u listed is nothing thats under $1k in parts and less then a days work it starts and runs thats what i wanted
u guessed it we pushed it up there and it doesnt matter i pulled it with a dodge 3500 dually diesel and class3+ hitch i could tow the charger upsider down turned around on its nose dragging it upside down where ever if it was behind a mustand i would agree but not that truck, i can tow a semi with it, ive been hauling most my life
and attitude is just personality that u dont mess with :hah:
Let it alone^.

charger Downunder

Good on ya mate.You will have some fun doin it up. I was 16 when i bought my 70 RT SE 440 charger and still have it 28 years later.Give the kid a break guys hes got his dodge and thats what counts.Now he has joined one of the best sites to help him get that dodge smoken.
[/quote]

500hp_440

Quote from: charger Downunder on January 04, 2009, 02:02:31 AM
Good on ya mate.You will have some fun doin it up. I was 16 when i bought my 70 RT SE 440 charger and still have it 28 years later.Give the kid a break guys hes got his dodge and thats what counts.Now he has joined one of the best sites to help him get that dodge smoken.
:2thumbs: thanks
Let it alone^.