News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats the worst thing Your Kids ever did

Started by 400/6/PAC, January 02, 2009, 08:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Pretty sure. lol.  There are only two things pink that I want. 1 is a 70 Charger R/T or 70 Super Bee and the other,  well.  We wont talk about that.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 07, 2009, 09:10:10 PM
Quote from: C_stripes on January 07, 2009, 09:06:26 PM
Bronzey has always wanted  a pink bike.   :nana: :girlfight:

Are you sure it's not one of your hidden desires? :scratchchin: :nana:
I heard you might be riding in a pink car at Carlisle.  :D

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on January 07, 2009, 09:14:59 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 07, 2009, 09:10:10 PM
Quote from: C_stripes on January 07, 2009, 09:06:26 PM
Bronzey has always wanted  a pink bike.   :nana: :girlfight:

Are you sure it's not one of your hidden desires? :scratchchin: :nana:
I heard you might be riding in a pink car at Carlisle.  :D

Nothing wrong with that...especially with who the driver is. :whistling: :icon_smile_wink:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C_stripes

rustafarian

Back in '03 my oldest girl was 3.  I had an '85 Olds Custom Cruiser wagon (I think,  based on the Delta 88) for the Mrs.  After some shopping she interrupted someone interested in getting the car for free (5.7L motor),  he ran off but the column was stripped/ignition broken.  I got it towed home and saved it for some dirt track/demo derby fun.  About a month later was 1st beautiful spring Saturday. The kids & some freinds were on the tailgate eating icecream. In the blink of an eye Melissa climbed over 2 rows of seats and behind the wheel and got ahold of the gearshift.  Down the driveway they all went,  right into a nice Volvo parked across the street.  I called Victory Auto Wreckers before the wife got home from work that day.
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

defiance

When my kid was 3 he smuggled a lighter out of the kitchen somehow - I could've *sworn* I had put it up on the shelf, and I didn't see any way he could've climbed up there, but one way or another he got it.  So I was in the kitchen working on something and I hear him yelp and come into his room and he's scooting out from under the bed light lightning - I'm asking him what's up, he's crying and not answering, and a couple seconds later I notice the smoke coming from under his bed.
By the time I got the mattress up, the entire underside of it was ablaze, and my turning it up made the flames burst up, scared the hell out of me and I let it go, thinking I'd go get the fire extinguisher - thought better of that immediately, having heard how bad cotton is at reigninting, so I grabbed it again and ran through the house with a flaming mattress and tossed it out in the yard, then went after it.  It smoldered all that day, never did quite go out...

PocketThunder

Quote from: defiance on January 08, 2009, 05:12:02 PM
When my kid was 3 he smuggled a lighter out of the kitchen somehow - I could've *sworn* I had put it up on the shelf, and I didn't see any way he could've climbed up there, but one way or another he got it.  So I was in the kitchen working on something and I hear him yelp and come into his room and he's scooting out from under the bed light lightning - I'm asking him what's up, he's crying and not answering, and a couple seconds later I notice the smoke coming from under his bed.
By the time I got the mattress up, the entire underside of it was ablaze, and my turning it up made the flames burst up, scared the hell out of me and I let it go, thinking I'd go get the fire extinguisher - thought better of that immediately, having heard how bad cotton is at reigninting, so I grabbed it again and ran through the house with a flaming mattress and tossed it out in the yard, then went after it.  It smoldered all that day, never did quite go out...

Holy Crap :o  Thats a close call!  We all played with fire when we were kids but at least we were outside... 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

WingCharger

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 08, 2009, 05:24:32 PM
Quote from: defiance on January 08, 2009, 05:12:02 PM

Holy Crap :o  Thats a close call!  We all played with fire when we were kids but at least we were outside... 
My fire department had a call like that a while back, home was fully engulfed. :rotz:

C_stripes

We had a mattress light up in the back of a truck we were driving home one time.  It was funny. We didn't even know and someone came flying up the side of us and started yelling fire. There was a shell on the truck and we couldn't see into it from the cab. It was great.

lol

69bronzeT5

Quote from: C_stripes on January 08, 2009, 05:37:24 PM
We had a mattress light up in the back of a truck we were driving home one time.  It was funny. We didn't even know and someone came flying up the side of us and started yelling fire. There was a shell on the truck and we couldn't see into it from the cab. It was great.

lol

How did that happen? :o

My dad had a friend who was pretty heavy. He had a baseboard heater beside his bed (no frame) and when he laid down one day, the mattress went up against the baseboard heater and caught the mattress on fire. His son burnt his hands getting the mattress out the back door. It melted their siding around the back door too.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C_stripes

it was a 69 Chevy C10 that had been used for nothing except taking trash to the dump for 30+ years. When my Great Grandma passed. We drove the truck from Idaho to Utah. It had lots of stuff from her estate in the back. But we didn't know that the exhaust pipe was aimed right at the bottom of the bed. So the heat from the exhaust got some stuff so hot that the combusted and lit the mattress on fire.  It didn't do any damage to the truck and one of the firemen that came out even offered to buy the truck. lol.  He said he had been looking for one.   lol

b5blue

The70RT

I met a guy that was related to one of my neighbors one time and he did some paint work for me on a  Buick GS 455 I had back then. A couple weeks later the paint started lifting and I got into a deal with him about it and was never settled. The guy showed up at the neighbors one day and parked right in front of our house. My boys were like 6 & 10 at the time. They scratched up the side of his car that faced our house with rocks. Another neighbor seen them do it and they got caught. We ended up paying him for the damage. I asked my kids what was up with that? My oldest said what's the big deal he's a painter.  :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oldgold69

when my oldest boy  [now 27 ]  was 8  something was eating our stuff in the garden. unknown to me  he put  a spring trap in the garden with fruit loops as bait  one morning i wake up to a big stink coming in the bed room window. i look out in the garden and see something flopping around.  i go outside and see a skunk with the trap around its nose  so i put it out of its misery  because i wasnt going to try and release it. that was a good way to start my day

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: b5blue on January 08, 2009, 07:58:41 PM
Turn into teenagers!
Amen brother. My 12 year old daughter and 14 year old son are driving my wife and me nuts!
But happy to say no real bad stories about them.

Me? I parked my little 1 year old niece in her carriage in our garage and went in the basement to get something. When I came out the carriage was rolling fast down the driveway hill and straight through cars going 50 plus mph and hit a telephone pole and she bounched out on the road. Later when she was 20 she and my Mom were a sleep when the CO alarm went off in the house. There was a major storm and power was out. I came up and started a generator but faced the exhaust at the house. The dryer vent was open and the exhaust went into the house and the Fire dept came and had to vent the whole house. This was in the am. Had they not awakened I would of killed my Mom and niece. As a child I set my bedroom and back yard on fire. I took apart anything that could come
apart and my Mom hated me ( she loves me now  :angel: ).  I skipped school, threw rocks at glass windows in new homes. Stole gas from cars.
There is much much more but I'm tired of typing.

Well, I quess my kids aren't that bad.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

b5blue

Amen brother!Be careful sounds like you may have some payback coming!My boys have been really quite good overall but my daughter!I didn't see it coming and got blindsided!I think "part" of the "problem" with her has to do with my ex wife being such a crappy role model (20 grand behind on support and self absorbed) she (daughter) is a rebel with out a cause.13-14 years is the start of the "attitude" for all of them all, skipping school, sneaking out, coming home late, testing out their little wings as it were.She got so good at sidestepping every boundary I tried to set, I told her I saw no option but to "try the good old fashion turn you over my knee and tan your butt deal".The next day I got called by the cops at work, had to go down and explain to him about all of her miss-deeds and the fact that I could only recall 3 times when any of them had got their butts whipped in the last 16 years of parenting.Turned out he was a newly single dad and understood what I was going through.He had pulled my boys out of school to interview them and was so impressed with them (called them "golden") we spent 3 hours talking about everything.There are allot of good books to read up this stuff if you find yourself running out of rope.The hardest thing for me was/is to let them keep screwing up....you can't really stop them anyway. The key is what ever they get themselves into, they have to get out of ON THEIR OWN or they won't learn how to be an ADULT.(I HOPE!)

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: b5blue on January 10, 2009, 12:08:02 PM
Amen brother!Be careful sounds like you may have some payback coming!My boys have been really quite good overall but my daughter!I didn't see it coming and got blindsided!I think "part" of the "problem" with her has to do with my ex wife being such a crappy role model (20 grand behind on support and self absorbed) she (daughter) is a rebel with out a cause.13-14 years is the start of the "attitude" for all of them all, skipping school, sneaking out, coming home late, testing out their little wings as it were.She got so good at sidestepping every boundary I tried to set, I told her I saw no option but to "try the good old fashion turn you over my knee and tan your butt deal".The next day I got called by the cops at work, had to go down and explain to him about all of her miss-deeds and the fact that I could only recall 3 times when any of them had got their butts whipped in the last 16 years of parenting.Turned out he was a newly single dad and understood what I was going through.He had pulled my boys out of school to interview them and was so impressed with them (called them "golden") we spent 3 hours talking about everything.There are allot of good books to read up this stuff if you find yourself running out of rope.The hardest thing for me was/is to let them keep screwing up....you can't really stop them anyway. The key is what ever they get themselves into, they have to get out of ON THEIR OWN or they won't learn how to be an ADULT.(I HOPE!)
:o  Wow.  Can't believe that happened to you.  Oh man, I would of been more pissed at her after that.  My 12 year has a attitude and is just hard and loud at times. But she is a real good kid otherwise.  Big into CheerLeading.  It cost me a fortune but I'm extremely happy she has a purpose.  My wife and her are going to a big meet in Texas, and as a family were going to R.I and MA.  Still no kid stories.  Well about an hour ago when my wife and I came home from Walmart, she went to get something out of her coat pocket and in it was a plastic toy camera our 5 year old asked for at the store.  I guess no wasn't good enough for him.  :smilielol:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

General_01

Quote from: b5blue on January 10, 2009, 12:08:02 PM

My parents were watching my stepbrothers kids one summer and tried to pull the "I'm going to call the cops" after my mom gave one of the grandkids a licking because he went to a neighbors garage sale and lifted some tools he was selling. My mom walked right over to the phone and handed it to him. Told him to go right ahead. Just remember, your the one who will be spending the night in Juve and I'll be right here at home. He wised up and found out my parents didn't piss around. He didn't pull crap like this after that either. It was the only summer he spent at my folks though, because he found out he couldn't get away with things like he could at home. Wished he would have spent more time up there. He probably wouldn't be sitting in jail right now. :eyes:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

b5blue

Yep! Around last Oct. I went down to the cops again, this time to get her (now 17) and her "boyfriend"(25!) separated. Seems they met at her "moms" and didn't think I had the "right" to interfere with their "love"! Now he has an "injunction" on his butt.The cops explained to her that I may TAN HER BUTT, and if she don't like it she can grow up, turn 18, and move out! Shes pretty pissed but if the loser gets within 750 feet or even tells anyone to say "hi" from him, he is going to jail! It's taken every thing I got not to just "go old school" on that creep! Thankfully the judge landed hard on him and he was a wimpy wuss in court( seems my emergency injunction banned him from where he was staying, oops!! heh heh heh ). The state prosecutor is not pressing forward because she won't testify, but the statute is pretty clear about it and I'm NOT DONE YET! Now I am really looking forward to next month when my EX goes to trial for indirect criminal contempt for falling 20 grand behind at 110 bucks a week! Hey why not start a post on "whats the worst thing your EX ever did" I bet that would pass the "5 word thread" pretty fast!Good Luck to ya Bro!     

Troy

Reading that b5blue reminded me of a friend of mine. He lived in California (or Commiefornia as some call it) and his daughter got mad at him one day and started telling her teachers at school that he beat her until one of them believed her. He was prosecuted and spent a bunch of money in court and missed work before the case was finally thrown out. Any way, he figured that she thought is was all a game so he decided to make it a little more real (since she could have really screwed up his life on a whim). He dropped her from his will and any sort of benefits whatsoever. She gets nothing. Ever. No help with her bills, no car insurance (or car for that matter), no college, etc. Now that she's a bit more grown and out of school it's starting to sink in but maybe she should have thought of that before?

On a related note, here in Ohio the cops would have told the kid that, yes, your parents can tell you what to do and they CAN punish you for disobeying (I've watched it happen). He was basically told that he was only a caretaker for "his" children but they were property of the state of California. In other words, if the state doesn't like the way you raise your kids they'll take them back.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

400/6/PAC

Quote from: Troy on January 10, 2009, 07:51:27 PM
Reading that b5blue reminded me of a friend of mine. He lived in California (or Commiefornia as some call it) and his daughter got mad at him one day and started telling her teachers at school that he beat her until one of them believed her. He was prosecuted and spent a bunch of money in court and missed work before the case was finally thrown out. Any way, he figured that she thought is was all a game so he decided to make it a little more real (since she could have really screwed up his life on a whim). He dropped her from his will and any sort of benefits whatsoever. She gets nothing. Ever. No help with her bills, no car insurance (or car for that matter), no college, etc. Now that she's a bit more grown and out of school it's starting to sink in but maybe she should have thought of that before?

On a related note, here in Ohio the cops would have told the kid that, yes, your parents can tell you what to do and they CAN punish you for disobeying (I've watched it happen). He was basically told that he was only a caretaker for "his" children but they were property of the state of California. In other words, if the state doesn't like the way you raise your kids they'll take them back.

Troy

Troy
Thats scary
I remember messing up as a kid and I was lucky if Mom punished Me but Dad would tear Me a new one.
Now Day's You could go to jail and have Your kids taken for just a little spankin

500hp_440

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on January 10, 2009, 09:53:57 PM
Quote from: Troy on January 10, 2009, 07:51:27 PM

Troy

Troy
Thats scary
I remember messing up as a kid and I was lucky if Mom punished Me but Dad would tear Me a new one.
Now Day's You could go to jail and have Your kids taken for just a little spankin
Thats horrible, I was spanked when I was little, my school accualy paddled me for getting into a fight the other kids dad beat him with a leather belt, in front of the principle, well thats a hick town for you! But I'm a firm believer in beating kids when they really screw up, time outs really dont work AT ALL!!!
Let it alone^.

C_stripes