News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats the worst thing Your Kids ever did

Started by 400/6/PAC, January 02, 2009, 08:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

My 12 and 10 year old boy's both got new bikes for Christmas.
Last night, after everyone was in bed They decided to sneek out to the garage, grab several colors of spray paint and paint their new bikes.
The bikes looked hidious when They were done.
The worst part is that My car was uncovered because I had been working on it :brickwall:
Luckily the over spray was not that bad and I was able to clean it off.
Today I made them both sand Their bikes down to metal and I made them pay Me 7 dollars each for the paint and sand paper that They used.
Tomarrow I get to paint Their bikes.
I hope thats the worst They ever do.

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

mikepmcs

Did you explain to them the hazard of overspray getting on to everything as well, not to mention their health inhaling that junk.
I think you handled it awesome BTW. 

I remember painting my Dad's VW Blue with rattle cans when I was a kid, in Base Housing :o.  He went TDY for 2 days, It was Silver when he left and Pacific Blue when he returned.  I remember painting the garage back to white and not much else. :icon_smile_blackeye:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Troy

They waited a whole week before painting their bikes? Geesh, that's patience! :D

I don't have any kids but I did that stuff when I was younger (I bought my own paint though). I don't recall ever painting around anything that would get overspray on it. They've already started "hot rodding" - just wait until they get cars... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

400/6/PAC

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 02, 2009, 08:37:57 PM
Did you explain to them the hazard of overspray getting on to everything as well, not to mention their health inhaling that junk.
I think you handled it awesome BTW. 

I remember painting my Dad's VW Blue with rattle cans when I was a kid, in Base Housing :o.  He went TDY for 2 days, It was Silver when he left and Pacific Blue when he returned.  I remember painting the garage back to white and not much else. :icon_smile_blackeye:
Thats another thing, The hazzards.
They have watched me paint many times and Know to ware protective gear.
They both said that They didn't even use a dust mask.
I'm pretty sure They understand now not to ever do this kind of thing again.

jb666

:rofl: Kids!!

I spent 10 years telling people "nahhhhhhhhh, not my kids, never!". Well it's just stupid to think you could be exempt from things like that..

Ok, my daughter, when she was 13, decided it would be cool to put on a set of ear rings (in a store) and wear them out of the store. But, next time you do something like that, make sure they aren't ear rings that you needed the lady to take out of the cabinet to try on  :brickwall: :brickwall:

Back N Black

Well, at least they didn't paint it orange and put 01 on it.  :D

jb666

charger_mike75

I would have left them painted as they were and made them ride them as they were.

PocketThunder

Well, my kids are only 4, 2, and 1/2 so i havent had any good stories yet.  Just the usual where the older kids treat the 6 month old like a teddy bear and they try to body slam her.   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

General_01

Our daughters have been around our cars since they were born(they are 11 and 12 now) and I constantly tell them to be very careful around the "classics" with their bikes. Didn't do much good. They parked their bikes next to the wife's Vette one night this past summer and didn't do a very good job of making sure the bikes were on the kickstands firmly. Came out the next morning and one of the bikes fell into the wifes Vette and the brake handle put a nice scratch in the door. :brickwall:

We might get it fixed or my wife might leave it like that so they can fix it themselves after they inherit it. :shruggy:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

RallyeMike

Did they happen to have paper bags and paint on their faces? If so you might want to revisit what really is the worst thing your kids ever did  :P
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

CB

too bad you didn't take some pics of the bikes before and after ...  :icon_smile_big:

you handled it well  :Twocents:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

400/6/PAC

Quote from: CB on January 03, 2009, 03:40:58 AM
too bad you didn't take some pics of the bikes before and after ...  :icon_smile_big:

you handled it well  :Twocents:
CB

I didn't even think about taking pics
:shruggy:

Charger_Fan

QuoteWhats the worst thing Your Kids ever did?
My oldest Son lit the laundry room on fire, when he was 5 or 6. That was one of those days when I understood why some animals eat their young! :flame:
We still have the scorched dryer from that day, works swell. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mike DC

I wouldn't sweat the kids painting their bikes.  It's their bikes so what's the harm in it?  If it gums something up because they didn't mask things right, then it's their problem to have a raggedy bike because of it. 

But the carelessness with overspray & masks is another.  Not everything in the garage is theirs. 

As for the masks, that's definitely something to teach them.  Lung problems and cancer is NOT fun. 

Maybe you could point out to them that they're damaging cells in their body, so the earlier they do it, the longer that damage will have to multiply & worsen.  (Sorta like how bearing damage to a mechanical item is disproportionately bad when it's earlier in the life of the item.  X amount of damage will knock a lot more total life off the bearing when it occurs earlier than later.)  If they won't heed warnings then they might still heed logic.   

It's always a lot easier to enforce any safety precaution if they've always seen you do it yourself.   

General_01

I painted my bikes when I was a kid. My dad took the "you made 'em ugly, you can ride 'em ugly" approach.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

400/6/PAC

Quote from: General_01 on January 04, 2009, 07:09:31 PM
I painted my bikes when I was a kid. My dad took the "you made 'em ugly, you can ride 'em ugly" approach.
Yeah, I thought about that.
But Man were They ugly.
Even the wheels and tires were painted.
I wasn't that mad for them painting them, it was that They did it in the garage with no ventilation, No mask, and My car being in there.
They have never seen Me paint anything without My respirator so They know better.
Plus sneeking out after bed time is somthing They have never done.
Of course Me, Now I never did anything wrong when I was a Kid :eyes: :eyes:

500hp_440

dift a lifted wrangler on public streets..... ;D
that one of the dumber things i do in the rain
that doesnt count school
Let it alone^.

KS71owner

no kids for me yet, but my old man could tell a few stories....a few of which we made a pact never to tell my mom.....like when I accidentally dropped a car on him, or how much he REALLY paid for the Cragars on my brothers Cougar :o....or the cooked spaghetti and raw biscuit dough fights we had when I was a kid.  :D

I'm sure she found out about the Cragars, but as far as I know the other stuff is still our little secret....

69bronzeT5

400/6/PAC, you should of painted the bikes pink and made them ride them around for a while. :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

400/6/PAC

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 06, 2009, 10:57:03 PM
400/6/PAC, you should of painted the bikes pink and made them ride them around for a while. :lol:
Dang Bronze, I should have thought of that. :lol: :lol:

C_stripes

Bronzey has always wanted  a pink bike.   :nana: :girlfight:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: C_stripes on January 07, 2009, 09:06:26 PM
Bronzey has always wanted  a pink bike.   :nana: :girlfight:

Are you sure it's not one of your hidden desires? :scratchchin: :nana:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic